• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remote Viewing

Teresa. Once again thank you for your time and effort in bringing forward all the links and info. Hopefully some of the doubting thomas types may even spend some time and have a look at them. Although I think the one for Bevy Jaegers comes up with a blank page.:)
Thanks also to you, Farusha, on the info that you have provided and the calm demeanor that comes across in your posts.:)

Thanks Phil. It was great to hang out with Pam Coronado and learn to appreciate what she does working with the FBI. The Bevy Jaeger's page that I posted is blank.... until you scroll down. ;)

~Teresa

Lol. Thanks mate!!:redface::)

Heads up from Paul Smith w.r.t. Derren Brown's remote viewing
experiment this Friday. Paul's post explains several key points
about remote viewing and remote viewer protocols that deviate from
Mr. Brown's instructions for his experiment.

Teresa Frisch
Moderator CRV / CRVERs Lists
Welcome to Aesthetic Impact
---------------------

Folks--

Pasted in below is our pre-response to Derren Brown's upcoming event. Please feel free to distribute to those whom you think will benefit. Feel free to post it on your websites if you wish. We don't yet has it posted on the IRVA website, but hope to get it up tomorrow once our interim webmaster returns.

Best wishes,
Paul

------------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>-

DERREN BROWN'S REMOTE VIEWING EVENT

September 22, 2009 © The International Remote Viewing Association

In his latest television extravaganza, British illusionist and stage mentalist Derren Brown is taking on the CIA's Star Gate "Psychic Spy" Program. It is often the case in media events like this that those involved have already made up their minds against remote viewing. We hope to be pleasantly surprised this time and find that Mr. Brown and his producers will give remote viewing an honest look. Still, there is already some reason to worry that remote viewing will not be represented well.

First, Mr. Brown defines remote viewing as "the ability for a psychic spy to see through the eyes of another human being." Unfortunately, that describes telepathy, not remote viewing. No one familiar with remote viewing has ever claimed that it works this way. Even those sorts of remote viewing experiments which involve a "beacon team" of two or three people going to a randomly-selected target site do not involve the remote viewer "seeing through the eyes" of the team at the location. Instead, the viewer only uses the team as a "beacon," to home in on the site and do his or her own reconnaissance.

Research done using beacon teams to target remote viewers who are kept blind to the teams' destination and work inside sensory-shielded areas often shows that viewers pick up on details at the site that the beacon team itself has no access to (roofs of buildings, tops and insides of machines, locked rooms, and so on). And most remote viewing is done with no one acting as a beacon at the target at all. Instead, coordinates or other means are used to focus the viewer's attention on the intended target without providing identifying information, so the viewer stays fully blind to the target.

A further minor sign of error is Mr. Brown's website explanation that the US government's remote viewing program started because of a leaked KGB video the CIA got wind of in the 1960s. Actually, the CIA had secretly gathered large quantities of data on a massive Soviet military and intelligence effort that looked into ESP and other paranormal phenomena. Literally dozens of top-ranked Soviet labs and research agencies were involved, and Soviet spending in the field was nearly ten times the US total. Much of this material is now in the public domain, and has been for more than a decade.

Before he airs his remote viewing broadcast this coming Friday on UK Channel 4, Mr. Brown is inviting members of the general public to try their hand at remote viewing. They are asked to use their ESP abilities to perceive and draw an image that is hidden behind a patchwork of newspaper sheets fastened to an easel (shown in a photo on the web site). We don't know the full scope of how the experiment will be managed or judged – nor does there seem to be information available on the experimental controls or conditions. Therefore, we neither encourage nor discourage your participation in this experiment. However, if you choose to get involved, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1) Don't try to do a `remote viewing' while on the website. The photos on the website that show the easel with newspaper sheets hiding the target image are distracting as they continually change angles and move from close ups to distant shots. These photos show many colors and features from around the room in which the easel stands. The newspaper covering itself is garish and scattered, and is printed with images and bits of images, any of which could be suggestive and lead you off on a detour. All this may contaminate or block the often faint impressions coming in through your mental channels, and make your results less accurate and more distorted. They might even distract you altogether.

2) A better approach is to do your sketching off-line in a calm and quiet setting away from the website. Once you complete your sketch, you can then go back and use the web site's pencil and eraser tools to duplicate what you drew and enter it into the computer. This way your work will be fresh and less distracted by the web site graphics. You can start your remote viewing by writing across the top of the paper on which you are working something like this: "Describe the correct remote viewing target image to be revealed by Derren Brown on his television broadcast on September 25, 2009." This serves both as a guide to your subconscious mind and a sort of "ready-set-go" signal that will help you focus on your project.

3) Don't read the comments from readers posted on the website before you have finished and posted your own work. Many of these comments already entered on Mr. Brown's web site describe what others think they perceived or drew. Those kinds of comments can influence you to think of someone else's responses rather than your own if you have them in mind when you do your own remote viewing.

4) The remote viewing instructions presented in the swirling coffee-cup graphic on the website are too vague and general. For simple, yet better instructions go to http://www.irva.<WBR>org/ and click on "How to do a simple remote viewing experiment."

We don't yet know how Mr. Brown's "experiment" will turn out. We certainly hope he will be objective in evaluating results and in presenting the many positive features and successes of remote viewing and the 23-year US intelligence and military involvement in it. In any case, once the show airs, we expect we will have more to say about it.

Sincerely,

PAUL H. SMITH
President,
The International Remote Viewing Association

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

http://www.irva.<WBR>org (866) 374-4782 contact@irva.<WBR>org

We don't yet know how Mr. Brown's "experiment" will turn out. We certainly hope he will be objective in evaluating results and in presenting the many positive features and successes of remote viewing and the 23-year US intelligence and military involvement in it. In any case, once the show airs, we expect we will have more to say about it.

Sincerely,

PAUL H. SMITH
President,
The International Remote Viewing Association

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

http://www.irva.<WBR>org (866) 374-4782 contact@irva.<WBR>org

---------------------------------

Reposting the IRVA information above. During intermission here is a look inside the process of remote viewing and how the subconscious mind makes associations. Posted my analysis of how I got what I got on the boards and will share it here. Maybe some day we'll call this "entanglement?" ;)

~Teresa
------------
Godilovethisstuff. :D

I'll try to explain this so that it makes sense.

Derren Brown's target:

Don't let him fool you. It isn't a bullseye or concentric circles. He masked it. It's Stonehenge, always was Stonehenge. Maybe not Glenn Wheaton's superior version of masking, but his version let him (at the very least) distort the way the feedback was presented.

It also sounds like he choked when people said "Stonehenge.<WBR>"
I can't wait to see if the show lets us see his micromovements.

I've wanted to ask on the lists if anyone has seen (I'm sure someone has) a primitive image used in remote viewing that depicts all the major gestalts. I've seen it somewhere, online or in my Targ / Warcollier books? It was the first target I ever remote viewed at a class at a psychic fair. I've never been able to find the image since but I know it's out, online or in a book. I would appreciate it if somebody could send it or a link to it.

If I've seen it, chances are a good majority of you all have too. If you've seen it, your subconscious won't forget. It's all about recall and "describe, don't identify."

My session:

First, I had to fight the folks leaking they were getting boats, and maybe even sailboats. I also had to fight the old target, my first target. I had to keep setting it aside. But just because it's an aol / stray cat doesn't mean it isn't at the site. If it is it will keep coming back.

The first target I ever worked was a sacred medicine wheel made of stones. When you look down on it, it looks like R2D2 in sections. Stonehenge is a medicine wheel. My subconscious knew and was telling me Brown's target was a medicine wheel. I wasn't supposed to identify it. My job as a viewer was to describe it.

By the time I was done I was wondering if Brown would actually go so far as to have put the primitive painting that we use for all the gestalts as his "RV experiment." That would have been the ultimate in-our/your-<WBR>face chutzpah on his part. A real coup.

The primitive painting is blue sky with a butte and a lake. Very very primitive depictions of pine trees (tall, pointed green triangles) on both sides of the lake if I remember correctly. If you let your conscious mind take over and build castles you could easily get sailboats out of that. The medicine wheel sits on the beach in the front of the picture.

You may have nailed it as Stonehenge, but the point I am trying to make is that >>if<< you have ever come across this primitive depiction of the gestalts in your road to learning RV, then you may have been closer to the target than you think. You had site contact and you were narrowing it in. Your subconscious knew there was a medicine wheel there. Stonehenge is a medicine wheel.

;)
Teresa

---------------------------------

Godilovethisstuff. :D Derren Brown's target:

Don't let him fool you. It isn't a bullseye or concentric circles. He masked it. It's Stonehenge, always was Stonehenge. Maybe not Glenn Wheaton's superior version of masking, but his version let him (at the very least) distort the way the feedback was presented.

It also sounds like he choked when people said "Stonehenge.<WBR>"
I can't wait to see if the show lets us see his micromovements.

Here's the link to the show and Derren's unveiling of the target. He explains that the subject, Katie, drew what she was thinking about three weeks before the show. During that time he planted the phrase "concentric circles" in every major UK newspaper, which accounts for the 10% of the people who turned in drawings of concentric circles.

Katie freely admits that the drawing is of Stonehenge. As for the rest of us who named Stonehenge or described something that could be Stonehenge, "is it coincidence?" He'll leave it to us, the viewers to decide. What an ironic choice of words. There are a whole lot of subconscious minds who have done just that.

I needed to see this for myself. I didn't read any UK newspapers or hang out on his site attracting subliminals. The man doesn't seem to know what he just did. Go to YouTube and pull up:
Derren Brown - Psychic Spy - Remote Viewing - The Unveiling.

Maybe I should send him roses.

;)
Teresa

Again, as I harp, no practical results. Keep ranting and raving for remote viewing, the fact of the matter is the world won't accept it because there's nothing there to accept. If you want to keep doing it in your garage or basement on weekends that's entirely up to you. It's a (relatively) free country so you're welcomed to do just that, but don't expect rational, critically thinking people to accept your misguided faith in a defunct concept such as remote viewing.

I know several remote viewers who work in tandem with law enforcement agencies and have received written confirmation from said authorities that their work has DIRECTLY helped with locating bodies and people during the investigation.

Joe McMoneagle has found a string of missing people whilst filmed live for the Japanese 'Psychic Detective' show.

That's for starters. I'm sure there are many more viewers out there quietly working away despite the views of doubters like yourself.

You obviously include yourself in the category of a 'rational, critically thinking' person. Unfortunately your thinking is anything but. Several things I notice:

- you claim that remote viewing is a 'defunct concept.' How 'defunct', exactly...do you have a certificate of this from the Concept Police?

- and btw Remote Viewing is a scientific protocol, not a concept. Thus your ignorance on the subject is stretched bare.

- the 'concept' upon which RV rests is similar to David Bohm's theory of a holographic universe and the quantum theory of non-local interconnectedness, all readily entertained and DEMONSTRATED (see Bell's Theorem, double split experiment, Einstein's acknowledgement of the 'spooky action at a distance' that clashed with his theory of relativity and was thus ignored...until now)

- so I suggest you take yourself over to a quantum physics forum and start lecturing the scientists there on how their current thinking is 'defunct'...as you clearly know better than they do

- you accuse us of having 'misguided belief.' My friend there is only so many times you can describe a black and white striped horse when the target is a zebra, or a large sandstone sculpture similar to a cat when the target is a sphinx before 'belief' becomes 'knowledge.'

But then as you clearly have never even attempted to explore remote viewing other than to rubbish it you will never know such things.

- you instruct us to go and remote view in our 'garage or basements.' I can assure you that these are not particularly conducive places for remote viewing. Somewhere warm, comfortable and uncluttered would be infinitely preferable...a dining room table or office, perhaps.

- at 'weekends' you say...on good weeks I practice remote viewing throughout the week (3 or 4 times, 30 mins a session) with consistently good results. In other words, if my target is a motorbike race then I will generally (around 70% of the time) describe something like (say for this example) a small mechanised vehicle travelling at speed with a human rider. Then again sometimes I will remote view at weekends as well. All depends on the hangover.

- You say that 'the world' won't accept remote viewing. Funny thing is...many thousands of people out there DO accept it. I can only assume that in this instance the 'world' you mean...is YOU.

You are not the world, my friend. Far from it. You are just another ranty, lazy little skeptic left coughing and angry in the dust.

TTFN

Gulliver :)

But then as you clearly have never even attempted to explore remote viewing other than to rubbish it you will never know such things.

Hello everyone,

Men Who Stare at Goats will be out in a couple of weeks. While the film itself comes across as a comedy, this clip includes explanations about the thought processes that sparked the film into existence. Word on the RV streets is that George Clooney mandated that in the credits rolling at the end of the movie there be a statement about Channon and Wheaton.

Here is commentary by Stubblebine / Wheaton / Channon / Dames, including Wheaton's comments that essentially if you don't reach, if you don't go out and try to be better than who or what you are....

You and nobody else determines the size of the box that you live in.

~Teresa

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/george-clooney-in-the-men_n_328682.html

Lol. Thanks mate!!:redface::)

I think it was you who asked about Mel Riley. Thought you might appreciate this audioclip of he and Marty Rosenblatt.

:)
Teresa

"Here is a link to the first ½ hour of a 2 hour very informal discussion with
Mel during our recent webinar.

http://p-i-a.<WBR>com/WebinarDec09<WBR>/MelDec2009.<WBR>html

The audio was recorded and is unedited. The slides are primarily from the
webinar where he was the guest speaker on Bi-Location. His views on
consciousness are quite valuable – he starts with the assumption that
minerals, in fact atoms, have consciousness since they can “respond to
stimuli”. I think you will enjoy Mel." -Marty

I think it was you who asked about Mel Riley. Thought you might appreciate this audioclip of he and Marty Rosenblatt.

Teresa

"Here is a link to the first ½ hour of a 2 hour very informal discussion with
Mel during our recent webinar.

http://p-i-a.<wbr>com/WebinarDec09<wbr>/MelDec2009.<wbr>html

The audio was recorded and is unedited. The slides are primarily from the
webinar where he was the guest speaker on Bi-Location. His views on
consciousness are quite valuable – he starts with the assumption that
minerals, in fact atoms, have consciousness since they can “respond to
stimuli”. I think you will enjoy Mel." -Marty

Thanks Teresa.
I haven't heard much on Mel in recent years. I believe he keeps pretty much to himself. I'm in the process of downloading the clip you provided and that may indeed change my preceding statement.

You say that 'the world' won't accept remote viewing. Funny thing is...many thousands of people out there DO accept it. I can only assume that in this instance the 'world' you mean...is YOU. - Gulliver :)

Hi Gulliver,

You probably mean these folks. The ones who'll be enrolling with Dr. Surel at the University for credit.

Teresa
-----------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Dr. Dominque Surel and her role in this milestone of remote viewing history!

~Teresa
------------------------------------------------

For the first time, CRV training will be offered for Master and PhD level credit, at the Energy Medicine University. Dr. Dominique Surel, trained to the Advanced Level by military viewerLyn Buchanan will be teaching these courses. Energy Medicine University is a private educational institution whose mission is the development, cultivation, education and enrichment of the human mind and spirit. The course will teach the CRV Protocol and will address the difference between CRV and the other RV/ARV methods.

<O:p</O:p
Dr. Dominique Surel holds a doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership and specializes in the development of intuition and transformational integration. She created and teaches Intuitive Intelligence© to help executives make better decisions, identify flow channels, develop forecasting skills, and enhance creativity for R&D and innovation. Professor Surel holds an MBA and, while living in Paris and London, worked for over 15 years as a consultant for global corporations in strategic positioning. Professor Surel has been practicing radiesthesia for 15 years and her operational CRV work focuses on business application, police work, and personal development.

For more information: http://energymedicineuniversity.org/faculty/surel.html

Firedocs Remote Viewing Collection Archives - 1995 to 2005

I can't remember if the above site has been put forward or not so forgive me for my repetition if it has.
It was one of the first RV sites that I came across in the mid to early nineties when i first began looking into the subject.

I started a new thread over in Chit-Chat. The latest issue of *eightmartinis is out with what's happening in some areas of remote viewing. Here's the post from over there:

*eightmartinis Issue 3: Controlled Remote Viewing in 2010. No smoke, no mirrors.
"What is an "eight-martini" result? Well, this is an intelligence community in-house term for remote viewing data so good that it cracks everyone's realities. So they have to go out and drink eight martinis to recover". - Ingo Swann

Here's an inside look at the scope of teaching and practice of Controlled Remote Viewing in 2010. Articles contributed by Ingo Swann, Lyn Buchanan, Daz Smith, Rick and Sandy Hilliard, Paul O'Connor and myself explain and give examples of sessions, sketches and the analytic process as the industry and profession moves forward in our study of ourselves and our ability to interact in the nonlocal environment. What does this mean? The paranormal is becoming normal.

Many thanks to Daz Smith for making *eightmartinis happen. His professionalism and dedication toward increasing awareness and understanding that we really are more than we seem to be. www.eightmartinis.com

Teresa Frisch, RN, RMT, IARP
www.aestheticimpact.com

Back