• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remote Viewing

Teresa wrote:
Thanks Jon, because you're right. It's nothing short of digging and I'm gearing up to expand the remote viewing information on my website so I really appreciate what you all have posted here!
Teresa, I appreciate that you are trying to spread the word about RV and in particular make more actual RV sessions available, both on your site and spreading the word about where they are posted. In that light, if you are going to mention some of the prominent RV teachers here in this forum, why not invite them to take the challenge Daz and Gulliver did and do a session here blind? Bearing the reputation of experts in the field, the expectation is that they generally do superior work as viewers, and this should help promote RV. (And/or, post links to where people can see some of their/their team's current work and/or reports. Verifiable targets, of course.)

If Dr. Wiseman hasn't studied RV theory, then bless his heart. If anybody wants to key in "Paul Smith" and "limen", they'll be able to read all about the communication of information from the subconscious / permeating the limen / conscious minds in...
Well, there is no evidence whatsoever that there is a "limen". This is a concept that was used in the "Stargate" studies and research (and elsewhere as well) as part of a metaphor in speculating about how RV may work. Neither Paul Smith nor anyone in the field of RV really knows anything specific about brain/mind functions in the "communication of information from the subconscious" much less "permeating the limen". So, "all about"? No - some speculative thoughts within one construct of how RV may work.

Couple that with Rupert Sheldrake and the possible potential of morphic resonance, then Dr. Wiseman just tweaked a few thousand limens. A limen tweaked begins to be more alert and aware and the human observer begins to notice. The person begins to learn a new language and question things they blew off to a bad night of pizza before.
Thanks, Dr. Wiseman. Your experiment may look like a bust but you just tweaked a few thousand individual subconscious minds three times in a week. I appreciate that.
This sounds a tad like Howard Cosell, who got tons of bad press decades ago, saying "all publicity is good". I am much less appreciative of this so-called RV experiment by Richard Wiseman. I am much more appreciative of those who show there is something to RV by making current sessions (and reports) public. (Few have access to or would read the old scientific studies demonstrating the reality of RV.) Unless and until that is done, showing actual RV work, I don't see why the general public will or indeed should take RV seriously. And that is something IRVA (of which, as you know, I am a member as well) has not done these 10 years now.

Cheers,
Jon

Teresa wrote: Teresa, I appreciate that you are trying to spread the word about RV and in particular make more actual RV sessions available, both on your site and spreading the word about where they are posted. In that light, if you are going to mention some of the prominent RV teachers here in this forum, why not invite them to take the challenge Daz and Gulliver did and do a session here blind? Bearing the reputation of experts in the field, the expectation is that they generally do superior work as viewers, and this should help promote RV. (And/or, post links to where people can see some of their/their team's current work and/or reports. Verifiable targets, of course.)

I've posted links to Farsight and encouraged people to go and look at current sessionwork from CRV / HRVG and SRV. As for your thoughts w.r.t. the prominent RV teachers helping promote RV, I'm waiting to see what the political climate is after both post Twitter and post IRVA conference.

Well, there is no evidence whatsoever that there is a "limen". This is a concept that was used in the "Stargate" studies and research (and elsewhere as well) as part of a metaphor in speculating about how RV may work. Neither Paul Smith nor anyone in the field of RV really knows anything specific about brain/mind functions in the "communication of information from the subconscious" much less "permeating the limen". So, "all about"? No - some speculative thoughts within one construct of how RV may work.

Lyn tells me that Paul is interested in going into research, maybe he will pursue this and answer it more to your satisfaction. I am guessing that psychophysics may interest him but he has not told me that himself.

Well, there is evidence of permeating the *liminal threshold* (limen) / perceptual threshold of conscious awareness. The NLP strategies used in marketing utilize the psychological advantage of the liminal threshold.

The limen insulae / island of reil borders the cerebral cortex. Am I saying that's how RV "works"? No, what I'm doing is trying to is hopscotch to keep up with who may have discovered what that might cross-correlate.

This sounds a tad like Howard Cosell, who got tons of bad press decades ago, saying "all publicity is good". I am much less appreciative of this so-called RV experiment by Richard Wiseman. I am much more appreciative of those who show there is something to RV by making current sessions (and reports) public. (Few have access to or would read the old scientific studies demonstrating the reality of RV.) Unless and until that is done, showing actual RV work, I don't see why the general public will or indeed should take RV seriously. And that is something IRVA (of which, as you know, I am a member as well) has not done these 10 years now.
Cheers,
Jon

First step, there is something to be said for strategizing post declassification. Personal stability, founding schools and establishing enough people who are aware that remote viewing even exists before determining what the next level should be and then implementing change.

Next step (?) except for Lyn, IRVA was founded by people in research. R & D goes hand in hand. It doesn't appear that IRVA is aware of that, or they are realizing that they are at a point where they can't rest on past laurels. They need to bump it up. Or maybe they're all well-established and they don't care to push it, and are leaving it up to us. Or maybe there was an unseen agreement about flying under the radar for as long as possible. We could debate it all day and they would all look us right in the eye while they held firm to their course.

I'm waiting to see what the thought process / outcome of the conference is. Change could be in the wind but who am I? I'm just somebody who deals with morbidity and mortality rates and thinks we're burnin' daylight.

~Teresa

I know little or nothing about remote viewing although I have read some on it. But when I saw Wiseman was doing an expreiment I kinda knew the outcome. Cause I'm P-psyhic :D Never ask richie dawkins about the merits of spirituality. Don't ask patty robertson about the benifits of Buddism and don't spit into the wind! :rolleyes: Or Pee! :eek:

Hi Teresa,
<O></O>

The link again to our report: Remote Viewing the Disappearance of Nina Reiser
http://www.cosmicspoon.com/blog/
(Go half way down the page or search for Nina or Reiser. The report can be downloaded from there. It contains a step-by-step account of how we conducted the work.)

Cheers,
Jon
<O></O><O></O><O></O><O></O>

Hi Jon,

It took me a few days to get 'round to reading all of this. I saw Stephan's reports at some point but barely skimmed them, being too new to remote viewing picture to appreciate their depth. We need more of this!

Now, as for the viewing on Nina Reiser:

To the author: I'm not worthee...... I'm not worthee...... I'm not worthee.....

The scope of that project report is an unbelievable piece of education w.r.t. remote viewing. If it were a book I wouldn't have been able to put it down. Chilling, as the author details the investigation and matches perceptions from several blind viewers, and I do mean dead-on matches. If anybody contests Daz' sketch of the gravesite with the forensic crime scene photo they need either their eyes or their heads examined.... or both.

My deepest congratulations and respect to the viewers at Aurora for their skills and for putting that report together for the express purpose of teaching the public about remote viewing.

Kudos,
Teresa

I am much more appreciative of those who show there is something to RV by making current sessions (and reports) public. (Few have access to or would read the old scientific studies demonstrating the reality of RV.) Unless and until that is done, showing actual RV work, I don't see why the general public will or indeed should take RV seriously. And that is something IRVA (of which, as you know, I am a member as well) has not done these 10 years now.

Cheers,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Lyn is just now taking a deep breath after coming back from teaching in the UK and the IRVA conference. We're still trying to bring him up to date on Twitter and our recent discussions about changing things up.

I asked him if he had any clients who would be approachable w.r.t. our putting some progress reports out for public view. He seemed pretty enthusiastic and said he'll go through them and see if any might be open to it. I'll let you know.

~Teresa

Teresa wrote:
The scope of that project report is an unbelievable piece of education w.r.t. remote viewing. If it were a book I wouldn't have been able to put it down. Chilling, as the author details the investigation and matches perceptions from several blind viewers, and I do mean dead-on matches. If anybody contests Daz' sketch of the gravesite with the forensic crime scene photo they need either their eyes or their heads examined.... or both.

My deepest congratulations and respect to the viewers at Aurora for their skills and for putting that report together for the express purpose of teaching the public about remote viewing.

Teresa,

Thanks very much for your compliments about our work there - and for taking the time to read the long report!

It was designed to be a step-by-step account of how we work, with background information about many minutiae about the remote viewing process and evaluation of remote viewing data. I'm pleased you found it to be a good piece of work.

As the project manager on that one, I'd be happy to respond to any comments or criticisms people here at the forum may have after reading it.

Cheers,
Jon / KRG

Hi Jon,
I asked him if he had any clients who would be approachable w.r.t. our putting some progress reports out for public view. He seemed pretty enthusiastic and said he'll go through them and see if any might be open to it. I'll let you know. ~Teresa

Hi Teresa,

That would be great if you all posted some project reports on confirmable objectives which have had a successful result -- people could then see another approach to apps. There really are very few out there and IMO this would be a very good step to take.

Best,
Jon

Hi Teresa,

That would be great if you all posted some project reports on confirmable objectives which have had a successful result -- people could then see another approach to apps. There really are very few out there and IMO this would be a very good step to take.

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Speaking of which, would you and the Aurora group be amenable to having a page on Aesthetic Impact dedicated to the Nina Reiser report, instead of my buring a link to it in the middle of a page somewhere?

Thanks,
Teresa

"delusional head trips" oh i mean "remote viewing" is totally legit!

just like how leprechauns can lead you to their pot of gold. Let talk about "runaway imaginations" more, oops I mean "remote viewing"

"delusional head trips" oh i mean "remote viewing" is totally legit!

just like how leprechauns can lead you to their pot of gold. Let talk about "runaway imaginations" more, oops I mean "remote viewing"

"Open Minds are a hard thing to find."

Indeed.

How about replying to some of the substantive material on here including Daz and Gulliver's demo instead of a pot shot like that.

Jon/KRG

How about replying to some of the substantive material on here including Daz and Gulliver's demo instead of a pot shot like that.

but there isn't any substantive material, lots of "conjecture" and "feelings" but no real proof other than confirmation bias and wishful thinking.

If remote viewing was real, I think that would be very cool! and I know a few sororities which would constantly be invaded by psi persona's. ;-)

But alas, I also wish I could find that leprechaun's pot of gold.

Why labor over the impossible, when the improbable is so much more interesting. :D

UBERDOINK wrote:
but there isn't any substantive material, lots of "conjecture" and "feelings" but no real proof other than confirmation bias and wishful thinking.

Well, have you looked at c. page 6 and 7 of this thread where Gulliver and Daz remote viewed blind? That's not conjecture and feelings. How do you explain those results?

Also, how about reading the Reiser report. Or if you've read it, point out what you feel is "conjecture" and "feelings".

Or read through many of the lab reports done on RV and point out the C&F.

If remote viewing was real, I think that would be very cool!
It would, and it is.

But alas, I also wish I could find that leprechaun's pot of gold.
Well as to real 'pots of gold', yes, people have won money using ARV (Associative Remote Viewing), including us.

See Greg K's web site for example. Associative Remote Viewing

Also books by Russell Targ on silver futures, Marty Rosenblatt on ARV.
http://p-i-a.com/Magazine/Issue30/Connections_30.html

Why labor over the impossible, when the improbably is so much more interesting.
Couldn't agree more.

Jon / KRG

Sorry, uberdoink, but the results of the two tests we did here were very interesting, indicating something worthy of further research, IMO. Coming onto this thread and spewing snarky snotballs is not exactly making you look like an intelligent, thoughtful, or even mildly curious person. If you have nothing constructive - or relevant - to add to the conversation, consider removing your hands from your keyboard.

dB

...consider removing your hands from your keyboard.

you mean "hand" right?

Why can't I fire from the hip... like everyone else that doesn't know what they are talking about when it comes to a topic.

I thought opinions were just as important as facts and data... right?

I thought opinions were just as important as facts and data... right?

Yeah, how about researching the "data" and "facts" before making uneducated pronouncements.
Opinions are like arseholes....everybody has one! And at this point there's more uninformed shit flowing out of yours than anything else.

This is a subject I'd like to study more. I've had my own experiences, but they could just as easily have been anticipatory imaginings. And I'm still not ruling out trickery.

I can say, from my own experiences, I have used RV to research stories (more or less as an experiment). The stories were of a historical nature -- based on "true" events. I could only afford two trials.

In the first, the results were clearly fraudulent. The information contained anachronisms that disproved the session.

In the second, the results were very vague. Possibly something, but minimally useful.

So, at this point, I just need to do more personal research before I can form any real opinion.

This is a subject I'd like to study more. I've had my own experiences, but they could just as easily have been anticipatory imaginings. And I'm still not ruling out trickery. I can say, from my own experiences, I have used RV to research stories (more or less as an experiment). The stories were of a historical nature -- based on "true" events. I could only afford two trials. In the first, the results were clearly fraudulent. The information contained anachronisms that disproved the session. In the second, the results were very vague. Possibly something, but minimally useful. So, at this point, I just need to do more personal research before I can form any real opinion.

Hi Threed,

There are several of us here who might be able to help you with that. We may need to find your question within your question. Did you have an idea of where / how you would like to start?

~Teresa

Yeah, how about researching the "data" and "facts" before making uneducated pronouncements.
Opinions are like arseholes....everybody has one! And at this point there's more uninformed shit flowing out of yours than anything else.

Phil, I'm sitting here printing up stuff for law enforcement and this post dredged up some good memories of my parents. My dad would have told him he had his head up his arse and if he took it out he'd be able to breathe. My mother would have told him he's in the "head in your ass stage." I hope he listened to David and is here with his hands off the keyboard. He could be one of those genius / rebel without a cause types just looking for direction. I look back on some of my sons' friends and marvel at the people they've become.

I read Diary of a Teenage Hacker a long time ago. Kids these days are so intelligent, and based on screenname and picture Mr. Uber appears to still be stuck in the Freudian school of thought. Still, I like to give everybody a break and maybe he's ready to move out of that stage and begin to grasp Jung and the Collective. I was curious to see if he could move beyond the Freudian fixation or if he even got the association about anatomy and brains / heads so I built a couple of bridges.

I really wanted to see if he could discern the line of demarcation in my reply between sentence one and sentence two and make the jump to causal correlation: not all remote viewers are male > some viewers are female > some female viewers may not be heterosexual, but with some background information about both remote viewing and basic known brain function, he would know that virtually 100% of all remote viewers can be said to use their heads.

So Uber, I raised boys and I've been waiting for you to come back. If you and your open mind are still here and want to try the keyboard again just make sure you listen to David. Don't come out in insult / attack mode and you and your open mind might learn something about remote viewing. Ball's in your court. We're here.

~Teresa

True, if you used your head and not your ass to understand things, you might have realized I was trying to make a point that really didn't have much to do with this particular discussion.

But again, put in your eloquent, profanity filled two cents, cause it makes you look smarter.

Like an asshole looks smarter.

Back