• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remembering Laura Nyro

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Just browsing through YouTube, I ran across this 20-year-old CBS News Sunday Morning segment:

She wrote some of the greatest songs in the 1960s and 70s, many of which were made famous by other artists. You may not remember her and her wonderful voice, but, unless you're really young, her tunes will resonate.

Alas, one of the people you'd know more by her songs than her own recordings of them. I hadn't heard her in years and didn't realize what a great singer she was.

When you listen to her, you wonder why she didn't became famous as a recording artist. But when you consider the people who sang her songs, no apologies are necessary.

Just browsing through YouTube, I ran across this 20-year-old CBS News Sunday Morning segment:

She wrote some of the greatest songs in the 1960s and 70s, many of which were made famous by other artists. You may not remember her and her wonderful voice, but, unless you're really young, her tunes will resonate.
Very good, a valuable find. Thanks

Back