• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Relatively New Listener

PaulsAcademy

Paranormal Novice
Hey Gene and David,

Just wanted you to know I enjoy listening to the Paracast, and why. My favorite things are the great selection/diversity of guests, your healthy skepticism (not quite skeptical enough, but I'll settle), and the occasional "post mortem" where you guys discuss your thoughts on the guest you just interviewed. And can you believe it, I love the social and political commentary, too! It's similar in tone to the comments I've slipped into my podcast (see signature below).

Besides, anyone who calls Sylvia Browne a "skank" is all right with me.

Keep up the good work!

Paul

Paulsacademy, I'm listening to episode 6 (part 1). You sound like a stalker, dude. Maybe that's why she stopped talking to you. In fact, let me put your mind at ease: THAT is why she stopped talking to you.

EDIT: Make that a crazy stalker. Wow...Did you really just say that the Jews had it better in concentration camps because at least their captors spoke to them so they knew why they were there? You're saying that's a better situation than this woman you obsess over not telling you why she's not talking to you? That's more of a torment, huh?

Just. Wow.

DOUBLE EDIT: Aaaaand 9/11. Your shock is just like what we felt on 9/11. I'm sorry to keep updating this but this podcast is a fascinating look at someone who is completely delusional. It's instructive to us all because we hear that word tossed at abductees and experiencers all the time. Well now you can hear the real thing in action and decide if that shoe fits.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I think Silvia is sexy. I love her femininemin voice too.

She was really hot in the 80's, when women had that frizzy wild hair style. Sylvia has always been a fashion plate, so she followed suit and let her hair go wild. She looked like a police mug shot of a woman who drinks cough medicine to get high and has just been caught shoplifting the National Enquirer. What I liked best about Sylvia is that she never wasted a smile where a frown could serve as the default. May she and her spirit guide Francine have a lovely time rolling in all the dough she has accumulated from readings, books, and her "non profit" church network across the USA.

We must all remember that beneath that rather shocking persona lurks the spark of God, the "Christ", and she is a beloved child of God. But then, ain't we all?:)

valiens said:
Paulsacademy, I'm listening to episode 6 (part 1). You sound like a stalker, dude. Maybe that's why she stopped talking to you. In fact, let me put your mind at ease: THAT is why she stopped talking to you.

EDIT: Make that a crazy stalker. Wow...Did you really just say that the Jews had it better in concentration camps because at least their captors spoke to them so they knew why they were there? You're saying that's a better situation than this woman you obsess over not telling you why she's not talking to you? That's more of a torment, huh?

Just. Wow.

DOUBLE EDIT: Aaaaand 9/11. Your shock is just like what we felt on 9/11. I'm sorry to keep updating this but this podcast is a fascinating look at someone who is completely delusional. It's instructive to us all because we hear that word tossed at abductees and experiencers all the time. Well now you can hear the real thing in action and decide if that shoe fits.

I can't listen, it says for "mature audiences" :(

It's a nice scare for Friday the 13th. I hope the evil, demonic woman he loves is...uh...okay. I don't mean any of this slanderously. I mean, is there a shrink in the house?

Paul, first off, thanks for the comments about the show. We truly appreciate it.

Now, based on Valien's comments, I'm listening to your podcast on evil, and man, I have to agree with Jeremy. Something is not right in your reality.

You're coming on like someone who has some issues. DEEP issues. Based on what you're saying, the contradictions in your statements are extreme. You're acting like someone who was in a two-way love affair, yet, it's pretty clear that she had minimal interest in you romantically. You seem to be totally, absolutely overreacting to this, and frankly, trying to compare this girl with Hitler smacks of mental illness. I'm listening right this moment to that part of your podcast, and I had to turn it off, as it shows a complete disconnect from rational thought. Stating that the Nazi guards showed some sort of compassion to their victims by "speaking" to them (and also breaking their bones, torturing them, starving them, playing the kinds of mind games that you will NEVER KNOW IN YOUR LIFE, and killing them on a whim), is just daft. Seriously. You're equating unrequited love with murder and genocide. That's neither rational nor reasonable. It's insane.

Now I'll qualify what I've written here - I fell in love once, with an old friend and one of my best students, who I had known for over 10 years. I feel deeply in love with here after all that time, I wanted her more than anything in my life, and she turned around and tore my heart out and treated it like a dog demolishes a squeaky toy. It's a painful story, I've NEVER been so devastated in my life over love, and I have a tattoo of a teardrop over my heart so that I'll never forget what happened (as if I could). Do I think she was evil? No, she was messed up mentally, and basically tried to warn me about her insecurities and wackiness before I want ahead and fell for her, as she led me on and orchestrated the whole thing. I cut her off at a certain point, and vowed never to let her near me or my life ever again. I know what it's like to be torn over love, but it wasn't about evil. She wasn't evil, but she was royally fucked in the head. And she was also brilliant, gorgeous and fun. When she wasn't out of her mind. Anyway, enough about that. It's water under the bridge, and these days, I'm with the love of my life, a woman who truly makes me feel good and fulfilled. I'm a lucky guy. It took a long time to find her, but that's life.

Paul, you should really think twice about airing that kind of dirty laundry publicly, anyone who listens to that stuff is going to come away with the impression that you're radioactive, as far as relationship material. I'm not going to listen to any of your other podcasts, based on my sampling of that one.

You seem relatively intelligent, but again, I'm with valiens here, I think you need some mental healthcare. As in yesterday.

dB

So, David, what does it imply that this guy loves your show?

Sorry, just could not resist.

For me to gauge an honest opinion about the person's mental state, I'd need to have an age estimate. From what I've read here, he makes some very bizarre connections between the ultimate evil/horror of the 20th century and his so-called "girl friend". I can see a 13 year old doing this (perhaps even someone 16), not someone older. I hope for her sake, the girl referred to has read his blog, and has taken sufficient actions to ensure her safety. I think the guy needs to recognize that this girl is just a screen upon which he has projected all his own demons from within (not literally, of course), and that he needs to sublimate his frustrations in another way. When I was 13 through 16, for example, I read a lot of PLAYBOY magazines in the basement and "pleasured myself" in elaborate erotic fantasies. The worst outcome of this procedure was that my mother complained pointedly about the unexplained stains on the couch down there. The only life that was in danger was my own after that.

Seriously, I hope the guy releases on all these issues or finds someone NOT ON THE SAME FREQUENCY to discuss them with.

David and Fastwalker...I have never seen the Paracast forums get so, um, personal! Not complaining though, just commenting :p

Brian Now said:
David and Fastwalker...I have never seen the Paracast forums get so, um, personal! Not complaining though, just commenting :p

There's been similar threads. DBtrek posted a nazi symbol around David's grandmother's birthday (not knowing David's heredity/family history of course), and that didn't go over to well.

Fastwalker said:
When I was 13 through 16, for example, I read a lot of PLAYBOY magazines in the basement and "pleasured myself" in elaborate erotic fantasies. The worst outcome of this procedure was that my mother complained pointedly about the unexplained stains on the couch down there. The only life that was in danger was my own after that.

Dude... TOO much information:eek:

GSB said:
Fastwalker said:
When I was 13 through 16, for example, I read a lot of PLAYBOY magazines in the basement and "pleasured myself" in elaborate erotic fantasies. The worst outcome of this procedure was that my mother complained pointedly about the unexplained stains on the couch down there. The only life that was in danger was my own after that.

Dude... TOO much information:eek:

Geez, I thought in a crowd that calmly discusses alien/human hybrids and the extraction of semen and eggs by aliens, and all that messy stuff, that my personal story would not make anyone squeamish. This is a special thread anyway, relating to one guy who loves the show, but who seems to be having personal troubles. Since he made these troubles public, people have been responding in their own ways to actually try to help the guy, or at least reach him. We hope he is still reading, and not turning us into his next podcast's demon or nazi storm troopers.

About having a fixation on a woman: many moons ago I fell deeply in love to the point of an obsessive addiction with a beautiful woman. In retrospect, I must have been projecting a lot of the qualities I wanted to see, since I didn't really know her well. There was just something about her looks that drove me wild, and I took this for love. In a benign sense, I became a bit of a stalker, because just seeing her even at a distance gave me a high. Of course, I did my best to court her, but she was at times warm, then cold. Ultimately, after sharing how much I felt I could love her and do all the things a guy wants to do for a special gal, she turned to me and said "You have a really great body, but I just don't like your face. Also I prefer blonde men."

Ouch - a big punch to the tummy. I was pouring out my heart and soul, and she was just not attracted to my face!!!

Lesson learned: this event immunized me against ever having that sort of addictive frenzy of want/desire again. I did not close my heart, but I added a bit of discernment to my journey through life. The package may be incredibly attractive, but if the personality and soul are just not on the same frequency as you, then you have to NOT blame that girl but only yourself. I have loved again, and had that love returned, and I am happy (like David). Yet this relationship did NOT begin with this infatuation that overwhelms reality and turns grown men into adoring slaves. Never again did I go through such feelings, call them testosterone based or DNA triggers saying "Hey, it's time to mate and breed". I brought my mind along this time, and it is a much better combination.

I hope the guy that started this thread can realize that his experience is really quite common, and that about 95% of his pain is probably self-induced, since the woman involved is just being herself, and can't help it if she cannot fulfil his fantasies. Maybe she just doesn't like his face! NOTE: being a very vain person who has even modeled professionally, I took her "face" comment as a major insult. In fact, I was dumbfounded. I think I walked around like a zombie for days, but it helped me climb one more step up the stairs of maturity. Honest.

Wow, everyone, this has really been enlightening. I'll print this out and consider everything you've said more carefully. Keep in mind that you don't know the entire story here. People who witnessed what happened definitely side with me. There isn't even a debate on it. My goal wasn't to describe everything this woman did that was evil, but to set the stage for discussing evil in episodes 2 and 3. The show isn't about her, and it troubles me that I could make that distinction under emotional duress, yet some listeners apparently can't.

I would also like to note that I didn't write a message here about my philosophy on the problem of evil. I was trying to give positive feedback to Gene and David. It's a shame that being called a "stalker" is the result of me trying complimentary message on a totally unrelated topic, in a totally unrelated forum.

For the record, stalkers actually follow, or try to contact, or build a shrine to the objects of their affection. I have done none of those things. Please watch the words you use. That's not fair, and it causes problems for people whom you really know nothing about. I responded to flirtation normally, endured the confusion of being taken to the emotional cleaners, and I'm getting over it. Haven't seen/spoken to her in months. What exactly is everyone's problem here? It couldn't be that I touched a nerve by exposing the evil that's within ALL of us, could it...?

PaulsAcademy said:
What exactly is everyone's problem here? It couldn't be that I touched a nerve by exposing the evil that's within ALL of us, could it...?

You did compliment the show but also pointed out your podcast so I think it's fair to expect some of us to actually listen to it and comment on it.

I guess you just can't hear this but no, that's not the problem. The problem is that you want to examine evil on the day to day level that these larger than life figures (Hitler, Manson, bin Laden) represent/become the whipping boys for. They are kept alive in the culture so that we never have to examine the common evil that we do. I get it.

The problem is, you're using this woman who stopped being friends with you and never told you why as an example of not just common everyday evil, but of how that's equal to or greater a tragedy than concentration camps, 9/11 attacks, or the Manson murders. That you think these are in the same ball park is astounding. That you can go on for hours about it is confounding. Methinks you're mistaking ruminating and obsessing for loving, caring, and passion.

I don't know your friends you say agree with you but ask them if your pain is greater than a Jew's in Auschowitz. If they're like, "Yeah, that makes sense," trade them in for new friends.

One would think that for 3 programs worth of comparisons you would have said at least one other evil thing this woman has done besides not talking to you. Maybe she discovered one of your diaries about her and fled the scene. Or maybe she realized by talking to you that the smart friendly guy is a bit...off. And obsessive. And really into her. Women pick up on these things.

You say she has an asshole brother. Why is he an asshole? You never say. It's up to the listener to fill in that blank with the obvious probable answer: He told you, "Stay away from my sister, man!"

The fact is, she's not doing anything to you. You're allowing yourself to be so affected by her cutting off contact. That is on you. These are your feelings. Own them.

It's not hard to see where your line of ill-logic COULD go: This woman is evil. I need justice. There are laws against getting proper justice. Those laws don't make sense. This feeling she created in me is just as bad as having been raped (you do say something similar to all of this.) So what comes next, you think? Politicians are evil. Their laws are faulty. This woman is evil. Evil needs to be stamped out. All she needed to do was talk to you to stamp it out but she didn't do that, did she? So now it's up to you. .... If I hear a three-parter on how sometimes you have to do things for the greater good despite society's laws, I'm going to worry.

Do a favor for a brotha - just pay one visit to a psychologist. Spend one hour of your time. Explain all of what you feel. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No harm no foul. If you need another appointment after the first, you'll find that out. But why not give that a shot? Most sane people have gone through some form of counseling in their lives, so please don't take this as a slight.

In any event this is the last I'll chime in. I know ya didn't ask for advice or anything, but do a search of any of my threads/comments on here and you'll see that I've never spoken to anyone like this. It's not something I do. This is the extent of the red flags in your show.

There's been similar threads. DBtrek posted a nazi symbol around David's grandmother's birthday (not knowing David's heredity/family history of course), and that didn't go over to well.

I remember that too. My introduction to the site . . . making the point that censoring/banning a loosely defined class of people ("charlatans") was fascist and being jumped for not telepathically knowing one of the hosts life story.

Yep. . . good times. :D

-DBTrek

Thanks, DBTrek, for posting and reminding me this guy exists. Naturally I had to hear if he responded on his podcast to the noise here.

Wow, this gent just refuses to look at himself at all. He's a subdued Kal Korff. I don't mean to give him more publicity but he replaced said 3-part episode with a shorter completely different episode. It starts off talking about cult mentality, using nonsmokers as an example. (Crapstastic so far but given the topic, I kept waiting for him to somehow, some way turn it into a slam on this forum. It took a while but he did not disappoint. No, he didn't name the forum. That wouldn't fit the passive-aggressive pattern.)

Clearly he took the original episode(s) down because of our...erm... criticisms. (I like to think of it as an intervention.)

So the new episode 6 is supposed to be about the nature of evil. Instead it's about how great and smart this guy thinks he is and about giving every reason in the book he took down the original 3-parter--except for the real reason (including, of course OF COURSE that it might have been just a wee bit too smart for us simple folk.)

I wonder if he has that girl's head on his desk in front of the mic as he's speaking.

Once again, the new and improved episode 6 IS about evil...just not in a way he'll ever recognize. Same as the old.

Back