• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

REincarnated WWII Fighter Pilot.

T

Tommy Allison

This one I found pretty interesting, and on a couple levels a little unsettling. I'd love to know what other people think, because this one turns some of my core beliefs upside-down.

Tommy,
I have heard that similar stories are not uncommon in India and Southeast Asia. I find this interesting becausein those areas reincarnation is widely accepted as a reality.
As a kid, I remember hearing about Omm Sety who was a woman who felt she was the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian temple priestess. I may have to check back into her. :)

As I watched the video, I kept thinking, "I'd like to hear Gene and Dave cross examine these folks and test their story!" TV journalists are probably the most notorious when it comes to being superficial and most interested in quickly putting together something appealing that will hold viewers' attention. It all looks very impressive, which is exactly why I think it shouldn't be taken at face value. Everyone's BS meter should have started blinking especially at the end when the boy proclaimed his hope that hearing his story would get people to open their minds to the truth that reincarnation is a fact.

I remember as a teenager going through a phase where I wondered if I were a reincarnated Vietnam veteran. I devoured every soldier's memoir and every novel having to do with that war that our public library had on the shelf. I thought about soldiering all the time, spending hours upon hours stalking through my family's woods pretending to be part of an infantry hunter-killer team. I really thought I could understand what Vietnam veterans had gone through ... teenagers!!!!!

Anyway, would this be a story worth devoting a Paracast espisode to?

By the way, Guns Up!, by Johnnie M. Clark was one of my favorite books back then. It's essentially Clark's memoirs, detailing his experiences as a Marine machine gunner in Vietnam. Check it out!

51NB1TYHA5L.jpg

Maybe I'm just a sucker for these stories-but I got goosebumps and a chill up my spine during that video. I don't know that I believe in reincarnation as a fact, but I don't discount it as a possibility.

The real question to me is: is reincarnation just one of many possibilities or is it the only one? It seems to me that if it were the only possibility then we'd have to explain where all these "new" souls are coming from. I mean how many people are alive right now, 6 billion, 8 billion? That's a lot of souls to reincarnate. If the multi-verse theory is correct then these souls can come from other dimensions, other universes, at least how I see it.

Either way, this is a great story and I hope it has at least a shred of truth to it.

I think that the reason we don't hear more stories like this in the western world is because so many don't believe in reincarnation and don't give a lot of thought to the odd things kids sometimes say. I am not a parent but a few of my friends who are talk about their kids saying things like, "I remember being in Scotland," or ,"last time I was the mommy and you were the baby." My one friend even told me her daughter would get upset since she said she was forgetting what it was like before she was born, and it was so wonderful that she didn't want to forget. Obviously none of those anecdotes are proof of anything but it does make you think.

As Red said these cases are really prevalent in areas where reincarnation is a common belief.

It's a haunting story, that the child is so in touch with detail and emotion surrounding the man he believes was himself at an earlier date. Hard to dispute.

But if one considers there is an information field, something I suspect is true, it may be possible to access any and all information, even the information of a past life that may have nothing to do with the receiver of the information.

The problem I have with this theory is the degree of detail too. Children do seem to have access to the field, possibly because life hasn't had time to conditioned their reality as yet, but even that is theory. Few kids seem to be able to access the sort of detail of memory of the deceased pilot as this child does.

Reincarnation will always be a toss up for me, but I'm interested in reading the book. Maybe the other cases mentioned in the book will add some light or new thought in the equation.

I always find the notion of reincarnation equal parts hopeful and terrifying. Hopeful because it means death is not death but terrifying because it means you have to come back here.

I always find the notion of reincarnation equal parts hopeful and terrifying. Hopeful because it means death is not death but terrifying because it means you have to come back here.

Maybe that's only one of the options.

It's a haunting story, that the child is so in touch with detail and emotion surrounding the man he believes was himself at an earlier date. Hard to dispute.

Where have all the skeptics gone????? You can't draw any conclusion from that short little TV news clip. We have no idea who these people are, or if what they're saying is true. If there's one thing I've learned from listening to Gene and Dave, it's to never take a storyteller at face value. You've got to take it upon yourself to start turning over rocks and see what you find wiggling around when the sunlight streams in.

Just a few thoughts: How different this thread would be if this kid and his parents were claiming that he were being visited by the Virgin Mary every month, and that he hoped his experience would open people's minds up to the fact that Jesus and his mother are actively involved in the everyday lives of people.

To continue with this illustration, the Church acts in a highly skeptical manner regarding apparitions/messages from "divine" beings. There are many thousands of claimed visions of Mary that the Church has investigated. Almost all are judged to be false, and even the remaining handful that are deemed to be reasonably "worthy of belief" are never given a guarantee of authenticity. In fact, the Church warns its members to be extremely cautious in these matters, and that it's safer to NOT believe in any claimed apparitions.

Again, just some thoughts ...

toast1.jpg

Where have all the skeptics gone????? You can't draw any conclusion from that short little TV news clip. We have no idea who these people are, or if what they're saying is true.

They have gone home for the holidays. You may have to wait until they come back.

Seriously though, I can't get worked up about this one. (I get way more irritated at all the yahoos who say that their footage absolutely shows proof of UFOs.) This is one of those stories that I think is interesting, but at this point would be very hard to prove one way or the other. The boy has already met the relatives from his previous life so corroboration from an independent third party would be difficult. Perhaps this particular story is a sham, but that in itself wouldn't nullify the minor personal experiences I have had and the fact that I have believed that reincarnation is a possibility since I was a kid myself.

They have gone home for the holidays. You may have to wait until they come back.

:rolleyes:

Seriously though ...

Perhaps this particular story is a sham, but that in itself wouldn't nullify the minor personal experiences I have had ....

Okay, well now you know you're going to have to share!!!! :)

As an impressionable teenager, I gave serious thought to the idea that I were a reincarnated Vietnam vet, because I felt like I could really "understand" them. Now I can see how embarrassingly stupid that was.

Let's hear yours!

Okay, like I said these are very minor (and wholly subjective). When I was a baby, I would ask my mom for agua. In itself not very exciting, but I was born in Iowa, both my parents had grown up on farms near small towns and their exposure to other cultures was very limited. It wasn't until I was older and watching Sesame Street that my mom realizes that I had been asking for water in Spanish (she had taken French in high school). As for the influence of baby sitters, my parents were pretty broke after I was born, so they didn't use baby sitters for a long time.
The other strange incident in my life, relates to the fact that as a toddler I never used a sippy cup. My mom, had spent two days trying to get me to drink from a sippy cup. I spent two days throwing the sippy cup on the floor and pointing at a small (cordial size) amber goblet. My mom, deciding it couldn't hurt, took out the goblet, put some apple juice in it. Mom says I downed that juice in one shot and didn't have any problems. She put the sippy cup away and I drank from a regular drinking glass from then on.

I find it interesting. I have always had some "memories" especially as a young person. I have (course now I'm 52) had a birth mark on my right hand that always looked like an age spot. As a child I had this Memory? of an old man sitting coming down some stairs and sitting in a chair. He was (in hindsight so who knows)waiting to die. I also remember looking in a mirror and thinking that wasn't what "I" looked like at all. Of course that might be a young person thing and have nothing to do with reincarnation. I also have had dreams of the period of WW11. Not necesarily of the war but there were some things that had to do with it. Anyway, I don't know about reincarnation. I admit to being symphathetic toward it. But believe it? To beleive is to not know. 8)

OH yeah, don't know if it's related but: As a child I would close my eyes and see these vivid faces of people in my minds eye. I didn't know them in this lifetime but they looked familiar to me. It's odd and I can barely remember it now. But back then it was just face after detailed face.

The real question to me is: is reincarnation just one of many possibilities or is it the only one? It seems to me that if it were the only possibility then we'd have to explain where all these "new" souls are coming from. I mean how many people are alive right now, 6 billion, 8 billion? That's a lot of souls to reincarnate. If the multi-verse theory is correct then these souls can come from other dimensions, other universes, at least how I see it.

There have been about 100 billion people alive during the history of humanity, so conceivably (and this is just for the sake of argument) 6 billion could be 'back' now. It would take me awhile to dig up the source, but I remember discussing it a few months ago as a refutation of the idea that there are more people alive today than have died in the history of mankind. Apparently, as I remember, that was a meme that got out of hand and was proven untrue.

I agree with CapnG. It's a good news-bad news scenario: You don't die, but you have to go through shit here again. Yuck.

Back