• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Recent Threads/Posts

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We've made yet another change, and there will be more. :)

Instead of showing 15 Recent Posts in our community's sidebar, which may be confined to one or two threads, we've updated it to become Recent Threads. That will give you a better picture of recent activity in our forums.

We're working on other stuff and, as always, welcome your suggestions for further improvements.

Gene, is there a way for the sidebar to display which sub-forum a new message appears in?
I'm trying to figure a way to avoid accidentaly opening up religious debate threads or other toxic topics.
Maybe assign Angelo to modify some thread titles to more accurately label their content?

Not sure how I'd do this. Feel free to go to Resources | XenForo Community and see if you can find anything. If it requires a user license to get there, I won't be able to help. But if others can access that area, you can look up possible add-ons that might offer some extra recent thread features.

As far as changes go, as long as there is a "like" button, why not add an "not like" button, that should spice things up :)

Keep the wishes coming. Understand that too many add-ons slows down the forum, so we have to be judicious about what to add. It's similar to packing too many system utilities on a Mac or a PC.

For the current setup, I started with the sort of add-ons for our previous forum, and went from there.

I'm curious what elements determine the posting time on latest threads. As of 9:30 am wednesday pst I have several thread replies on latest threads. The ones I did last night tuesday @ about 9:15 pm pst are noted at today @ 12:31 am and yet the ones I post wednesday morning @ about 7:30 am pst are noted at 10:22 am today, thus the posts appear to be two hours earlier when they are some 10 hours LATER ?? Possible time distortion ???

fwiw, all the posts involved were made on my phone via tapatalk and when I made the observation I was not logged in via desktop but I was via tapatalk

Late edit: the time date stamp on this post said today @ 12:30 pm when it was only a couple of hours agree the previous posts (10:14 am) again done on tapatalk

Back