• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Quija Board and Pendulum

G

Gwops

Even If I am a minority of one, truth is still the truth.

Even If I am a minority of one, truth is still the truth.

When I was a teenager me and some friends tested this spirit with the board for several days. I blind folded my friends who were playing it, made them look away, and the spirit was asked what I was thinking. I wasn't touching the board. The spirit could spell out what I was thinking. Note: They friends could not see the board or letters. I was not touching the board and did not tell them what I was thinking. Other amazing things occurred too. Long story.

I seemed to have stumped James Randi with my experience. He wanted me to call him after hearing me rule out the autonomic response, I declined however. Maybe he had another explanation, unfortunately I didn't care to talk with him at the time. I would today though. Even though it wouldn't really do any good.

How then, do you explain Ouija predictions that are not strictly personal and / or are not immediately fulfilled? Some Ouija sessions are further flung than "Will my parents buy me a car for my birthday?" For instance, my older sister used to get me to use the Ouija with her when I was a very small child. She claimed that she could sense that I am psychic (I don't claim that at all but she said she saw it) and consequently she and I would have very effective Ouija sessions.

When we used the board she simply asked it to tell us some things that would happen; no specific requests were made. It gave us predictions about family members, places of business, etc. that turned out to be very accurate. In the early 70s the Ouija predicted that the company at which my mother was employed at the time would close for good in 1986 (it gave the year) and it did. I don't entirely buy that "Thoughts create our reality." slogan. It's a little too pat, but I will say that even if it were true, my mother was on a staff of thousands and I seriously doubt that her "thoughts" had the power to affect whether or not the company went belly up. But let's indulge the counter argument further and assume that her thoughts were that powerful there is still the problem posed by the fact that she wasn't involved in any of the sessions and never came in contact with the planchette. Now, one could argue that it was a case of self fulfilling prophecy but - one woman out of a staff of thousands?

I appreciate and applaud your skepticism. I'm not entirely convinced of the Ouija's veracity myself and I realize my account is completely anecdotal but I find the current argument against it a bit thin as well. If you're asserting that a bunch of teenagers are going to move the planchette to spell the name of the guy who will most likely take them to the prom then I agree with you but if the Ouija makes a predication about a death, a birth, or something like a company's demise some twelve years in advance and these things happen I think it has little to do with the equally anecdotal "Thoughts create reality." dynamic.

Speaking of predictions, most of the predictions made by the spirit I tested ended up coming true.

We asked who the first person out of us would be to die, it said my friend Jason. It gave the age. I think the age given was 23, not sure. It said he would die in a car crash. Well, at age 24 my friend killed himself via hanging, but was in a car accident 2 weeks before and was hospitalized. I consider that a very close prediction. There were other close predictions made as well. And at least one that was incorrect.

I have tried to contact my dead friend via ouija board (by myself) and automatic writing. Out of many tries, only two possible successes have occured in contact. Both were via automatic writing. None with the Ouija board. Both possible successes happened within only a few years of his death. I tried recently and got nothing.

One last example. A few weeks ago, I was on Skype talking to person I don't personally know. I know, however, that he's a student. As I closed my eyes (and we don't use webcams) I tried to see what's in front of his computer screen. The thing I perceived what a notebook. So I asked him what sort of papers he's got "in front of his computer screen". To rule out that he didn't misunderstand me I asked him twice. He answered me straight away that it was some school papers and just afterwards realized that I couldn't have known.

Come now! A Ouija giving the exact year of a company's demise is a mere coincidence yet telling someone they have papers near their computer (who doesn't?) is "remote viewing?" I'm perfectly willing to place my Ouija incident in the "Wow, how about that." category but don't tell me it's utter nonsense and then counter with something tantamount to "Is this your card, Madam?"

Anything is possible. As I said, I don't think I'm psychic at all. That was just something she said she picked up on. I doubt I would have been able to "give" the board answers because, as I said, I was a very small child (about 4 or 5) when she and I used to use the board. I wouldn't have been able to spell the names or figure dates because, if I remember properly, at that point I hadn't even learned to tell time all that well. She could have moved the planchette but there's still the matter of the board telling us things that would happen outside of our sphere of direct influence.

If you're suggesting that it was some sort of subconscious manipulation on my part based on some psychic impressions I was receiving then again - anything is possible.

Back