• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Loren Coleman

Could the "Copycat Effect" be applied to cryptid, or any other paranormal sightings for that matter? Does your research lead you to believe that reports of cryptid sightings occur in clusters?

Im so glad hes coming back on its been to long! 1. Has he heard of any possible dinosaur sightings lately and what is his opinion of the mokele mbembe sightings ? 2. What Cryptids does he belive have the best chance of being found? 3. What cryptid does he wish would prove to be real but will probably never be found or have significant evidence to prove its existence? Cant wait for the show guys :)

I hope these questions are not too late....

Historically, the majority of bigfoot or sasquatch sightings have been from the Northwest region of North America, to what do you attribute the widespread sightings and reports that we see in modern times?

In cases of bigfoot DNA evidence when the evidence returns as "unknown primate," have any researchers correlated the DNA profiles of these unknowns? If a DNA database could be created, wouldn't that be sufficient to establish a species profile in the scientific community?

Loren's a great guy, nice catch. Allright, here's a few:

What about the 'high strangeness' cases. Great Fortean showman John Keel tied Bigfoot with the paranormal. So does Stan Gordon and many others. We hear many stories of glowing red eyes. How do you as a scientist reconcile with such cases, especially when they come from reliable sources?

So what should I do, if one lonely night in Northern California on some secluded old logging road I wrap my Corolla around a massive hairy beast, killing it stone cold dead?

What do you make of the recent findings that alpha male coyotes are aware of trail cameras, and avoid them? For your average skeptic that may seem like yet another excuse for not finding the bigfooted beast....

If the creature seen in the Patterson-Gimlin film was not a hoax, as current information seems to suggest, what's the likelihood it would have gone extinct in these 40-odd years since that incident?

How do you think modern technology has impacted the search for bigfoot?

Does Loren believe that these alleged cryptids are actual animals/humanoids living on this planet, that are just elusive, or does he think that these 'sightings' have a more paranormal (if it gets anymore paranormal ;) ) explanation to them (interdimensional, thought-forms etc.) ?

Thanks

Back