• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question / Discussion with Milton Torres

lcdvasrm

Paranormal Novice
In case you can have milton torres as a guest. (quick before it's too late.:frown:)
I would really like that you discuss this possibility with him :

That he actually was the subjet of an experience with a new EM equipment able to produce a fake / bait target on his radar.
As far as i remember, he never had visual contact.

The details of his descriptions perfectly fit this scenario.
So i would like to hear from him additionnal details that could reject this hypothesis.

Since he is quite emotive on the subject, tact is required.

Some excerpts from the web :

"The blip was burning a hole in the radar with its incredible intensity," the pilot said. "It was similar to a blip I had received from B-52's and seemed to be a magnet of light. ... I had a lock on that had the proportions of a flying aircraft carrier."
----------------------------------------------------
"David Clarke said that the CIA once had a program intended to create phantom signals on radar — and that this may have been an exercise in electronic warfare. Whatever the case, Clarke argued that "there's no doubt something very unusual happened.""
"UFO experts say that, while all this could be explained by the existence of Project Palladium—the experiments that the CIA was conducting during those years to create false radar readings in the Soviet Union—this won't explain why the pilots were ordered to fire all the rockets loaded in their planes. Or why the blip appeared over British air space in the first place."
"It is a transcript of an interview with Torres, undertaken years after the event and forwarded to MoD by a ufologist. The ufologist then speculated that the incident was part of some secret test, which is patently false, as such tests would be conducted in the restricted airspace of various ranges over the sea. Needless to say, one does not conduct tests involving the potential firing of live weapons over the mainland UK! Torres is clearly an honourable man, recalling a difficult and potentially life threatening mission."

I'm not sure what your question is for Torres.

As a former Navy Fire Control Tech, I was trained in how to recognize and defeat Electronic Warfare signals. All the tech in you quotes that you cited in your post as been possible since the 60's. The radars that I was familiar with in the 80's had frequency agile magnetron tuning, polarization, MTI and other features built in to keep from getting 'spoofed.'

Nevertheless, there are areas of the world, where radar reception gets pretty freaky from atmospherics. The Persian Gulf is one of the most extreme examples. One of the weirdest for me was being on radar watch at sea in very calm conditions at night and seeing what seemed to be a solid hovering target appear within a quarter mile of the ship. I could lock on to this sucker and get it's range, speed and altitude. Keep in mind that fire control radars have very high resolution. When you shoot at something, you need to see the radar reflection of the exploding debris to confirm that the target has been hit. Whenever I would see this thing, I would call up to the bridge lookout and have him scan with binoculars in the exact bearing and range of this target I was locked on to and he would report back that there was nothing there. I could see it solid and plain as day in my A-scope, appearing as a little bell curve in the range gate, hovering like a helicopter at an altitude of about 150 feet. It still puzzles me to this day.

My mention of the A-scope picture reminds me of some video footage, purported to be taken at Nellis or White Sands that I saw on one of those UFO shows back in the late 80's that depicted a simultaneous video of a shiny UFO with an A-scope wave trace at the bottom. That footage impresses me, because it's one thing to hoax UFO video, but to have the presence of mind to have the radar A-scope trace superimposed on the tracking camera video seemed to be beyond your everyday hoaxer's imagination. Whenever the ship was doing live missile shots against target drones, this was the type of video that was displayed on the monitors from the tracking cameras that the tech reps brought aboard to evaluate radar/missile performance.

Back