• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question about Roswell/Brazel/Marcel

Bergen

Paranormal Maven
So im watching a documentary on Roswell and it goes like this :

Brazel finds debris with weird properties
Brazel shows neighbour
Neighbour tells him it probably from a flying saucer
Brazel takes weird material to sheriff
Sheriff calls RAAF
RAAF sends Jesse Marcel to debris field
Marcel brings back debris
Col. Blanchard orders public information officer Lt. Hault to issue a press release that they had in their possession a flying saucer

Im highly confused about that last part. Why would they think the debris was from a flying saucer ?

This is the part which gets me too. That action alone, and subsequent back peddling that it was a weather balloon, suggests to me that it really was something remarkable.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

What is most puzzling to me, assuming Blanchard believed the debris to be extraterrestrial, is that a commander of one of the most proficient, secretive and elite squadrons in the RAAF would unilaterally inform the general public by way of a press release. This kind of incompetence should be difficult to accept and smacks of purposeful misdirection from the get-go.

Good point boomerang. It's either that, or back in those years this was such an astonishing first time event that there were no protocols established around issuing such press releases about 'flying saucers'.

Assuming this to be the case, perhaps Blanchard thought he was doing a public service to announce such an event, and then when reprimanded by superiors did the RAAF retract the press statement.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Did he actually say "FLYING SAUCER" because that would be wierd considering the term was only coined 14 days prior to the alleged roswell crash.

wow I find that very interesting considering the kenneth arnold incident was june 24 just two weeks before. To invoke the usage of the term "flying saucer", it would be a word that was fresh on the tongues of the press. So was it brazels neighbour who used the term or was it the military guy or was it the press.

Good point boomerang. It's either that, or back in those years this was such an astonishing first time event that there were no protocols established around issuing such press releases about 'flying saucers'.

Assuming this to be the case, perhaps Blanchard thought he was doing a public service to announce such an event, and then when reprimanded by superiors did the RAAF retract the press statement.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

People do make mistakes. But considering historical context, career experience and presumed mindsets of those in charge, this one would be a real doozie. Maybe someone here with career military experience could do a better job of parsing this out. If nothing else, these men were experienced in making time-pressured, life and death decisions affecting the outcome of the bloodiest and most difficult war in American history. Something here just does not jibe.

Back