• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question about evidence classification

Free episodes:

Flatwoods

Paranormal Maven
Maybe for a future guest, I'd like to know if anyone has gone to the trouble of classifying various types of evidence(photographic, documentation, signature, etc.) for UFO cases. Some kind of system by which researchers could point to in evaluating the strength of evidence or proof. I'm not talking about specific UFO cases, but rather the strength of the evidence itself. For instance, a picture of a flying saucer is one level of evidence, but a video of an alien autopsy in which Donald Rumsfeld walks into the room is something else entirely.

Does such a classification system already exist? If so, I think it would be useful to both paranormal researchers and the media in general, especially when one considers the cluster$&%# that just happened over this Jeff Peckman/Stan Romanek saga.

Looking through my guide there are a lot of different evaluation charts. Too much to type up. There is 3 general and simplified categories though. Complete, incomplete, and resolved lol.

Also, from memory, Ted Phillips might have a quality evaluation, and I think Peter Davenport does. It's usually hinged on the researcher. Hyneks is the only one that is used abroad somewhat. At least the only one that comes to mind.

Back