• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Psychic link with David Biedny?

Free episodes:

konthar

Paranormal Novice
It seemed like it today! :D Hi everyone, new to the paracast, but I've listened to a few months worth of broadcasts in a few days & really appreciate what these guys are doing.

I titled this the way I did because on the paracast april 19th show, David wonders why Ghost Hunters doesn't use better digital recorders. I found this highly amusing because the night before I heard the broadcast (I heard it on May 30th) I made the exact same comment to my wife after we watched an episode of GH. I also told her they should use the wonderful little Zoom H4 digital recorder, which I bought about a year ago & completely love. Then later on in the same paracast David mentions he owns an H2 & thinks that would be an excellent field recorder! I found that very edifying. :shy:

Then this morning as I finished up the paracast "forum round table" broadcast (and really impressed with both David & Gene for doing it, and the people they brought on, good crowd.) I wondered if I should mention to them LA Marzulli, a christian speaker I find has fairly compelling ideas. Now who should I find is on their May 31st show? LA Marzulli! :p

I wondered if I should mention to them LA Marzulli, a christian speaker I find has fairly compelling ideas. Now who should I find is on their May 31st show? LA Marzulli! :p

Well, we'll see about Marzulli's "compelling" ideas, he was something less than impressive, IMO.

The H2 should obviously be the standard for field work, as you know by working with it... I just wish it had a better build quality, but it does the job incredibly well for the $$$. The H4 is a much more solid, better built device, but I think it's still a lot pricier than the H2.

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for jumping in!

dB

Well, we'll see how he interviews, I trust you guys will give him a fair hearing. I'll admit to some bias, being a christian & his view of 'UFO's=Demons in disguise' being something I agree with. Though that's a gross oversimplification of where I'm personally coming from. I'd have to say that my own experience with my fellow christians in dealing with this possibility has been very dissappointing.

Like that one gentleman on your forum-show who became disturbed by people being unable to see the UFO he was pointing at on the road, I've talked with a number of christians who look at me & go "Blink, Blink" when I bring the subject up. I think the mainstream church has done a very poor job of dealing with this issue & oversimplifies & overspiritualizes things to a large extent.

'UFO's=Demons in disguise'

It's almost as if your saying that UFO's are the 'wheelchairs' of the gods.. a type of crutch for them to get around on in trying to circumvent some limitation placed upon them by someone. But, wouldn't that limitation still be in effect with or without the 'wheelchairs'? Interesting thought though....

"Wheelchairs of the gods" :D That's great!

Seriously though, from a biblical model these beings (assuming most of these entities are demons or 'fallen angels') have been limited or restrained in how they can and/or how much they can, interact with mankind.

But what I was primarily wanting to get at is that even in the christian church, the idea of demons as little red critters with pitchforks whispering naughty things in people's ears, is very pervasive. It's extremely rare for people to think of fallen angels as incredibly powerful, ancient, intelligent, tool-using beings.

Personally I see no biblical contradiction with the idea that angels, both good and bad, create & use devices. Within the christian framework, God is a pervasive creator & tool user, and I think that's reflected in humans. We are after all, "created in God's image", and though that specific phrase isn't applied to angels, I find no sound theological grounds to dismiss the possibility.

I'm one of those people David mentioned who make a distinction between things they classify as "paranormal" and others which are "supernatural" (coincidentally I brought up exactly that point a few days ago) - but I do not assign anything to the "supernatural" category without a good reason to do so (I do assign a lot of things to the "I don't have the faintest idea" category however).
Marzuli's case for independent ancient sources is disingenuous, since they all subscribed to the same mythos. The fact that he regards the Bible as a good source of historical information suggests he is a CryptoFundie - he certainly has a predisposition to interpret unknown phenomena as demonic (I can't say more than that because I only got through about two fifths of the show before my cringing turned to uncontrollable twitching and I had to give up).
As for the 19th century newspaper accounts of finding the remains of giants and other wonders - they make great stories but that's just the point: people seem to forget that the papers of that era had roughly the same journalistic standards as pravda.ru, and they were only too willing to fill their pages with anything that would help sales (I also think it's possible that some of the accounts, such as anomalous objects being found in ancient geological sediments, may have been religiously motivated)

PS. I'd also like to say that I find the idea of finding oneself with a psychic link to David Biedny profoundly disturbing :)

Back