• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Problem...

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Can anyone tell me why after everything has loaded up (all the fonts and smileys etc) when I goto reply or start a new thread, the scroller automatically goes to the top of the page?

It's slightly annoying because i'll be typing a few characters in to reply & then it shifts to the top of the page and I have to scroll down again....

Can anyone help me out with this?

Goody.

Goody said:
Can anyone tell me why after everything has loaded up (all the fonts and smileys etc) when I goto reply or start a new thread, the scroller automatically goes to the top of the page?

It's slightly annoying because i'll be typing a few characters in to reply & then it shifts to the top of the page and I have to scroll down again....

Can anyone help me out with this?

Goody.

Hmmm.

What OS and what browser are you using?

Just FYI: The version of the forum software we are using is actually a beta version installed for us by one of MyBB's lead programmers in order to facilitate our migration from another forum product.

I expect there are bugs, and if you help me on this, I'll be able to communicate with the developers and find some answers.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition & I browse via Mozilla Firefox.

I'd be glad to help you out on this little 'bug' issue, if I can find anything that needs reporting etc...

Does anyone else have the same problem as me???

Goody.

Goody said:

I'd be glad to help you out on this little 'bug' issue, if I can find anything that needs reporting etc...

Goody.

Make sure you have the latest Firefox and all the XP updates.

From there, delete the browser cache, and let me know what happens next.

FYI: I use Firefox on both Mac and Windows platforms, rarely touch MSIE, except to check our sites. Mostly, I use Safari these days, though.

Thanks Gene, i'll grab the updates this Friday when I get back upto Broadband speeds: I'm currently cut to dial up at the moment.

I appreciate your help & interest on this issue.

Goody.

The Paracast Copyright © 1999-2007 Making The Impossible, Inc.

Just exactly how long has the Paracast been around for? & what was it before it was a internet radio show? :confused:

Goody said:

Goody.

No, but occasionally if I hit backspace while replying it sends me to a previous page.

Goody said:
The Paracast Copyright © 1999-2007 Making The Impossible, Inc.

Just exactly how long has the Paracast been around for? & what was it before it was a internet radio show? :confused:

I've had content online in other areas since 1999, which explains the company copyright. The Paracast started in February, 2006.

Something similar just happened to me, when I went to reply here in the forums. I didn't hit anything other than typing in my reply, it was like the page wasn't fully loaded, and when it was fully loaded it took me to the top of the screen. So disregard part of my previous reply here. It HAS happened to me.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Something similar just happened to me, when I went to reply here in the forums. I didn't hit anything other than typing in my reply, it was like the page wasn't fully loaded, and when it was fully loaded it took me to the top of the screen. So disregard part of my previous reply here. It HAS happened to me.

That is EXACTLY what happens to me every time I reply, it just happened now again hahahaha.....:redface:

Thanks for filling me in on that Gene, I was overly curious as to what that all meant...What kind of content have you had online? Is there like a compendium of some sort available with everything you've done? Just what exactly have you been upto in the last 10 years of paranormal research?

Goody.

Goody said:
Paranormal Packrat said:

That is EXACTLY what happens to me every time I reply, it just happened now again hahahaha.....:redface:

Thanks for filling me in on that Gene, I was overly curious as to what that all meant...What kind of content have you had online? Is there like a compendium of some sort available with everything you've done? Just what exactly have you been upto in the last 10 years of paranormal research?

Goody.

My online content, prior to The Paracast, has been largely technology oriented. But since all our sites are linked together in various ways (and hosted on the same box), the singular copyright seems to work best.

Back