• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pre-Fusion news: NIF most important building in the World

Free episodes:

When will we see first light ?

• 3 Months

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 6 Months

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 1 Year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Years

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
The Most Important Building in the World « The Berkeley Blog

The Most Important Building in the World is the National Ignition Facility (NIF) at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory because it promises to make nuclear fusion a reality. It is much nearer this supreme goal then I realized until I had the privilege of joining a party of colleagues who were shown around the facility by Ed Moses, the director of NIF.

The scientists and engineers are more bullish than I expected. Could they have fusion in a year or two? And if they succeed can the process be brought to scale?

This thing is about to be cracked... and its about time ;)

I voted 5 years in the poll because it was the biggest option, im basing my prediction on the publically available time line from the ITER project, which predicts plasma in that project in 2019. (Start of deuterium-tritium operation in 2026)

ITER - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However i think the wiffleball project has made massive leaps in a short time span, and imo ultimately will be an easier technology to make work

Polywell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is also the ECAT, but milage will vary on this one

Hello Cheap Energy, Hello Brave New World - Forbes

One ECAT 1 MW plant has been delivered and is working in a military facility. Andrea Rossi recently made the following statement:
“The 1 MW plant has been delivered and is working in a military concern. It has been made in the USA, after the October test of the prototype made in Italy; such prototype will be delivered, with the modifications which we will complete based on what we learnt from the model at work, to a European Customer in July. ”​
  • The ECAT 1 MW plant in USA is now stable at very high temperatures.
  • The industrial plants will get the necessary certification within weeks.
  • The price for an E-Cat 1 MW plant is still $1.5M; orders can be made from the inquiry form on the right side at this website.
News update from Andrea Rossi and ECAT.com in May

I put in an optimistic 6 months. NIF guys are claiming that they'll do this before the new year.

If they don't, that means that some fundamental problem still needs to be resolved... I'd say it'll push the effort back at least 10 years. An artificial sun in your backyard is a hard thing to grow lol

Back