• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Poll on right,left or ambidextrious

Free episodes:

Are you right handed, left handed, or ambidextrous?

• Total voters

Ally

Skilled Investigator
Since it has been established that there are quite a few artists and musicians who post on the Paracast I was just wondering if there are more lefties here as well.

I either fall under left handedness or anbidextrious. I used to be able to write as well with either hand until I broke my middle finger on my right hand at age 12 I beleive. Ever since I write better with my left hand. I consider myself a creatvie person all though I am not an artist or musician.

Mods I don't know how to start a poll. Aaron I can send you more sexy bikini videos if you help.

I'm right-handed, but I do a lot of things with my left hand...not enough to call myself ambidexterous, tho. I am artistic, and musical, but I don't play an instrument... I sing (unless you count tambourine!)

I think I'm what's called 'cross-dominant.' I usually write and draw left-handed, but most everything else right-handed. Sometimes I paint with both hands simultaneously. I'm pretty good at switching stance boxing...at least I was when I stayed in shape. These days I would be good at getting my ass kicked in either stance.

I think I'm what's called 'cross-dominant.' I usually write and draw left-handed, but most everything else right-handed. Sometimes I paint with both hands simultaneously. I'm pretty good at switching stance boxing...at least I was when I stayed in shape. These days I would be good at getting my ass kicked in either stance.

Back when I was a teen I could write my first name with one hand and and my last name with the other simultaneously. I can't now but can use both hands with most things. I write with my left hand now alot easier than my right.

Still working on computer probs, so I haven't been on as much sorry.

When you hit "new thread" button, scroll to the bottom of the page to the box called additional options. There you will see a box to check to make a poll. I think you will have to hit send, and then be taken to another page to fill out a quick and easy form to make your poll.

I am right-handed, but also a musician (I sing in a choral group and play the cello). Two of our four children are left-handed, but none of the grandparents or my husband is left-handed.

I think I'm what's called 'cross-dominant.' I usually write and draw left-handed, but most everything else right-handed.
Is that what they call it? I'm the same way. I write/draw with my left but do everything else (well, almost everything else :D) with my right.

At my first guitar lesson, when I was 8, I picked up the guitar lefty. The teacher said "No, that's backwards" so I flipped it over and learned it righty.
Now if I try to play lefty, it's a truly terrible thing to behold.

Is that what they call it? I'm the same way. I write/draw with my left but do everything else (well, almost everything else :D) with my right.

At my first guitar lesson, when I was 8, I picked up the guitar lefty. The teacher said "No, that's backwards" so I flipped it over and learned it righty.

You should have flipped your guitar teacher off with your left toe then said Voodoo Chile babuh.

Same here...I was told if I wanted to play lefty, I'd have to restring the guitar. That seemed like too much of a hassle at the time so I just flipped it over. I remember noticing in kindergarten that all the other kids were right handed, so I just started using my left to be different. It worked just as well as the other one.

You should have flipped your guitar teacher off with your left toe then said Voodoo Chile babuh.
Probably, but at 8 years old, I don't think I knew how to flip anyone off, let alone what Voodoo Chile was. :)

Besides, she was majorly hot! ;) Even at 8 I could see that.
I remember noticing in kindergarten that all the other kids were right handed, so I just started using my left to be different. It worked just as well as the other one.
I could never switch hit like that. Things I do with one hand I can't do the other. :frown:

I write right handed but I'm left eye dominant so I shoot bow and gun left handed. I kick left footed and can bat either way. I remember starting to write left handed and people constanly pushing the crayon to the other hand. I have one kid that is the same as me and two that mirror us , writing with the left hand and right eye dominant. technical things can be done with either hand. but i find that heavy lifting is better with the left.

From the "What the?" Dept.:

Um... sorry, but what the hell does this have to do with The Paracast?

Or the Paranormal? Oh, well, I'll play along :p.

I'm half-bi-dextrous.

When I was started in school, they were teaching us to write, and as a mnemonic device, they said "Your right hand is the hand you write with" so we'd remember.

I'd already been writing for a while by then, so I said, "But I write with my left hand!"

For some reason, they said, "Well, we'll fix that", and they made me write with my right hand, so consequently, I don't write with either very well. My handwriting is atrocious.

Strangely enough, my calligraphy was pretty good. Uses a different part of the brain from handwriting.

Anyway, the stuff that I learned how to before they switched me, I still do left-handed (baseball, playing pool, basketball--mostly sports, I guess) and the stuff I learned how to do after they switched me, I do right-handed (drumming, fencing, and writing, obviously). Strangely, I use both a knife and a fork right-handed, so I switch hands with the fork... Cut with the knife, put the food on the fork, switch hands, and fork to mouth. Which, I'm told is "European".

Sounds like BS to me.

I do, however, skate goofy-footed.

Since it has been established that there are quite a few artists and musicians who post on the Paracast I was just wondering if there are more lefties here as well.

I either fall under left handedness or anbidextrious. I used to be able to write as well with either hand until I broke my middle finger on my right hand at age 12 I beleive. Ever since I write better with my left hand. I consider myself a creatvie person all though I am not an artist or musician.

I think that most left handers are somewhat ambidextrious and there are varying levels of lefthandedness. Part of this is being forced to adapt to a right handed world and some it is just brain wiring. One of my former inlaws grew up when writing with the left hand was synonymous with the devil. They forced her to learn to write with her right hand. To this day, she can produce identical handwriting using either hand.

I know this is an old thread, whatever. Blame Socal :)

I'm right handed but find I do a lot of things left handed, and often don't even realise that I do. I can't write left-handed though.

Back