• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Poll: Do you want to hear of David's stories?

How interested would you be in hearing more about David's paranormal experiences?

• Very Interested

Votes: 63 87.5%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Not Very Interested

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, that ship has sailed, and there will be no reconciliation.

dB

Sadly so, especially after our last email exchange.

I've made a point of refraining from posting here, however I'd like to make it clear that "screwed" was not my terminology and should not be applied to me.

I think my term would be I've had to take unwarranted and unfounded abuse, that most of you would not be able to fathom. Abuse for being accused of, well, several items that are patently untrue and for which David has made an issue of.

You all have no idea how many times I have gone over the entire "issue" of this falling out in my head. David has clearly done the same and it's probably responsible for exactly why we cannot cease poking at each other. David and I both are clearly guilty of poking the wound. My own reason for that is that I've been maligned completely unfairly, and to be all-above-board honest, I'm still emotionally enraged and bleeding over that. I am not at all ashamed to admit that.

According to a member of this board who turned loose on me the last time I posted here and relayed only what David could have told him. It was clear to me then that David is telling only his perceived "victim", one-sided story to certain trusted members in his audience.

At the start of these problems, in private, I voiced very serious long standing issues with David directly to him. He acknowledged these concerns and said he needed time to write me his reply and really think about it. I had at this point cut phone communications with him, which was for me done out of emotional self-preservation, and the hope that private issues would subside, as often can happen in friendships.

Clearly, that I waited a long time to voice these concerns are MY fault. I should not have kept silent about this as long as I did.

In the end, I never received any reply to my heartfelt and honest letter of concern and worry for him. What Jeremy and I got, was both barrels of accusation and backstabbing insinuations, along with being so wrongly accused of sabotaging the Paracast. It escalated from there. I will again admit, I am still not over that. I would sincerely like to be. It's extremely difficult, as I have never experienced this before with a former friend.

In a recent episode of my show, I voiced anger over a member's post here which contended to know what I thought, how I felt, and my future departure from Paratopia. Any of you reading something like this about yourself would have been equally as angry. And, these sort of posts in a public place must be addressed, or left unanswered which leaves everyone wondering and misinformed. I had previously said I would not mention the Paracast ever again on-air or on-board. But, what exactly are you supposed to do? You have to defend yourself against what is wrong. That member, and that post, was wrong.

I have gone as far as to tell my board members that Paratopia's message board is NOT Paracast bash central. I have deleted posts, and issued warnings of potential bans if it doesn't cease. And I'll do it. This is not what Paratopia is here for, nor what I am into this subject for. David was clearly offended by our "zombie" skit...but it was not meant to portray us as shooting him...I mean c'mon. It was meant as a message of disdain for all the dumb statements in UFOlogy - and their symbolic coming to life and us getting rid of them. You either laugh about this situation after awhile or let it fester in you...which I again admit I'm guilty of.

Anyway...

I am still to this day, bewildered over the loss of a friend and still cannot believe how this has all transpired. I shake my head incessantly when trying to make sense of it.

But let me make this perfectly clear: Jeremy nor I, "did anything" to David Biedny to start this unfortunate situation. If any of you knew how we worried about David months before any falling out, you'd better understand all of this. David did not "lose" friends, he drove us away from him. Jeremy nor I wanted this, and I'll swear that on whatever any of you hold holy.

I will not talk about personal and private things in regard to this in public any deeper than what David and I both have already done. David is a human being and I still would not do that to him. Do not email me and ask me. I desire no further conflict. I will have to let go of now long-standing pain that I need to be done with. I need to let go of the desire to retaliate when I see or hear offhanded remarks about "not wanting any friends...." or "...what friendships I've had have been short lived and disappointing".

But please be aware, of this as well: I, nor Jeremy will sit still to be maligned. Accusations and nonsense will be answered.

I do not wish to see what has been simmering on both sides here go to DEFCON 1. It might be good radio, because this fucked up world loves a fight. But who needs it. What good does it do. It serves no one in the end.

On an aside, I think both shows have a hell of a lot to offer. To divide into Pro-Paratopia and Pro-Paracast camps, is a juvenile way to act. I think David and I have both fostered that, knowingly or not, and I for one am sorry for it. Again, I need to let go of pain and anger.

I have thought a very long time about this, and this is my open honest statement about it.

I too, like David, at this point am willing to cut my losses and move on.

Well, Jeff, when Jeremy claimed that I "screwed both of you", you certainly didn't deny it. To do so now, in this forum, seems a bit disingenuous to me. I did NOTHING to "screw" either of you, quite the contrary. Vaeni is a little fast and loose with the truth - he also claimed that I introduced you to him in order for you to "shred him". HIS words, not mine. More bullshit, par for the course for him.

And we'll leave it at that. I've already moved on, while your show continues to bash us repeatedly, including staging a mock "shooting" of me. No one has to take my word for it, it's there in your show, for all to hear. You can make your claims about what happened, we both know the truth.

What has happened is indeed sad, and it's in the past. Best to leave it that way, and move on, which your cohort seems incapable of doing.

dB

As it has been said many times, it is a very unfortunate turn of events. I'm gonna go listen to April 20, 2008 and December 14, 2008 and remember the days of old.

I don't know the details of the falling out, and frankly, it doesn't concern me, but as an outsider looking in, it really is dissapointing.

I'll be the first person to admit that we often say and type things we don't mean or haven't fully thought through, in fact, I was guilty of this no less than a week ago when I tore up another poster when he was making a clearly obvious joke that went right over my head, but those things happen in the AM, at least to me. Do I expect him to think higher of me for apologizing? Absolutely not, in fact, this user took the high road and didn't acknowledge my statements at all, something which I have no choice but to commend and thank him for.

I'm finding it difficult putting together a closing statement for this post, so I'll just be to the point.

Don't discount eachother or yourselves that you will not be able to jump over this hurdle in what was once a great friendship. It may take time, it may take effort, and it may take the ditching of some ego, but the best friendships you can form are the ones you need to work for.

I think that the episodes with Jeremy and Jeff are some of the best episodes that have been produced. They are frank and honest discussions that open minds and explore ideas, all while keeping things fairly grounded.

Here's something to ponder, If I had said a year ago that things would have turned out like this, would you have let it, would you have done the best you could to handle things in a more civil manner, or would you have told me I'm nuts for thinking such a thing?

Regardless, none of us know what time will tell, and for all we know, we could all be looking back on this a year from now with embarrassed smiles on our faces, though that might just be optimism speaking out loud.

Again, these are just the opinions and views from someone that doesn't know the meat of the issue.

and now for something completely different...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back