• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics

As expected, you're as clueless as the rest, and you're joining the "We must do SOMETHING!" chorus without the faintest idea of what that "something" is.

Isn't consensus science wonderful? No research is necessary. All that's required is agreeing with the politically correct mantra of the day and the grant money pours in. And since it's absolutely impossible to state what the weather will be like in 2400 AD, it's ideal for gloom & doom alarmists.

Of course, 30 years ago the same alarmists were screeching about another ice age coming. To their chagrin, it didn't happen, so they reversed gears and concocted horror stories about global warming. And when their tales of woe come to nought, what will be their next Chicken-Little chant?

Lastly, why should anyone give credence to "scientists" who invent fabulous fictions about what the world climate will be like centuries down the road when they can't make an accurate three-day weather forecast?

Feel free to wallow in the politically-motivated GW junk science, if it strikes your fancy, but have a good excuse ready when you're shown to be wrong.

And BTW, if you're truly committed to reducing AGW, demonstrate it by doing your small part. You breathe out 1 kilogram of CO<sub>2</sub> every day. If you live another 50 years, that will be 18,250 kilograms. Apply for a posthumous Darwin Award and spare the world that much greenhouse gas. You owe it to mankind.

The conservative versus liberal women thing always makes me laugh. Sure the liberal chicks are ugly as hell but they also look like they work for a living.
I suppose that whores can be said to do so, so I'll grant you that point.

Korman,

Your abusive, vitriolic tone is not welcome here.

As the child of a Holocaust survivor, I am all too familiar with the mechanisms of fascism, and the tendency of brutality to marginalize rationality. You've made your positions clear, and shown the typical negativity and superiority complex deployed by the ultra right wing in this country. I will not engage you in a discussion of the points you claim to understand - to question the concerns of global climate change is simply ignorant. As to the issue of Bush being Satan, I agree with you, he's clearly not the prince of darkness - that would require an advanced intellect, definitely not a trait of the Moron-in-Chief. As to the truth of Bush, his cabinet and their extensive crimes against humanity, I hope and pray that justice will one day be served by an international war tribunal. The extent of the damage they've wrought on our society will likely only be truly understood far into the future, long after the culprits have all left this earth.

Age does not equate to wisdom, as you've so clearly demonstrated.

Regardless, I do not appreciate the way you've addressed some of the members of these forums, so you are now being warned to keep your language and tone civil, or kindly refrain from posting here.

dB

David Biedny said:
Korman,

Your abusive, vitriolic tone is not welcome here.

As the child of a Holocaust survivor, I am all too familiar with the mechanisms of fascism, and the tendency of brutality to marginalize rationality. I do not appreciate the way you've addressed some of the members of these forums, so you are now being warned to keep your language and tone civil, or kindly refrain from posting here.

dB

There are many tones in this thread that are vitrolic. This whole thread started with a listener who was expressing his opinion about the show in a respectful manner. He was then subject to attacks to having opinions different than others. Maybe the thread should be closed before this gets out of hand even more.

KorMan said:
As expected, you're as clueless as the rest, and you're joining the "We must do SOMETHING!" chorus without the faintest idea of what that "something" is.

Um no, I've said we must accept that the scientific community at large agrees there's a problem and THEY say something must be done. As for what the something is, I'm sure there's plenty of ideas that three seconds and google could provide. The onus does not rest upon myself alone.

KorMan said:
Isn't consensus science wonderful?

Maybe it's escaped your notice but science IS concensus.

KorMan said:
Lastly, why should anyone give credence to "scientists" who invent fabulous fictions about what the world climate will be like centuries down the road when they can't make an accurate three-day weather forecast?

So science is sound when it works out how you like and ficticious when it rubs you the wrong way? That certainly a reasonable standpoint...

KorMan said:
Feel free to wallow in the politically-motivated GW junk science, if it strikes your fancy, but have a good excuse ready when you're shown to be wrong.

I have no stake in the claim. Funny that the big oil companies are offering a $10,000 bribe to ANY scientist who can creidbly dispute the most recent findings on the matter. Did I say bribe? I meant "grant" (no wait, I was right the first time). No political machinations there, I'm sure...

KorMan said:
And BTW, if you're truly committed to reducing AGW, demonstrate it by doing your small part. You breathe out 1 kilogram of CO<sub>2</sub> every day. If you live another 50 years, that will be 18,250 kilograms. Apply for a posthumous Darwin Award and spare the world that much greenhouse gas. You owe it to mankind.

Look at that... he just told me to kill myself but tried to make it sound all smart and stuff. Who's a clever boy?

KorMan said:
I suppose that whores can be said to do so, so I'll grant you that point.

Good of you to admit the consevative gals are whores. Except Coulter, she's a man-whore.

Italy's ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo was killed on Monday when a UN convoy came under attack in the troubled east, DRC sources and the government in Rome said. Luca Attanasio died of his wounds after a World Food Programme (WFP) convoy came under fire near Goma while he was on a field trip to the region, a senior diplomatic source said in Kinshasa ...

1614032397189.png

Oh NM. Only BLM right?

Let me preface this message by saying that I am a huge fan of the Paracast and I appreciate Gene and David's approach at trying to discovering answers. My only problem lately has been the overwhelming slant against conservatives. I am not saying that Republicans are perfect, or that anyone should not speak out about what they believe, I just think that it might be time to see some alternate viewpoints.

I love hearing intellectuals like Brad Steiger and Bill Birnes discussing conspiracy theories, because they present it well, unfortunately all the content comes down to conservatives ruining the world, I mean on one episode I actually heard someone defend Jimmy Carter for the country's inflation rate during his presidency! I personally feel that a discussion on the myth of global warming could be an interesting topic, if you could find someone to talk about it rationally.

I know the consensus as of late, especially with the help of Al Gore, is that humans are ruining the planet, and that we are doomed. My response to this parallels something David often says, but in a different context. How can humans be arrogant enough to think that we can affect a planet that has survived for billions of years? Yes, the Earth is getting warmer in the past few decades, the Earth has also been through a few ice ages.

The meteorology of the planet is so far beyond our comprehension right now because we have been around for such a small amount of time, that what we see as a warming trend, could actually just be a planetary cycle that is lasting a decades, and in the next few decades we could experience global cooling.

I have also done a little research that shows the top three "greenhouse gases" that are making the earth warmer are: CO2, what we exhale; methane, caused by animal farts and decomposition; and water vapor. I know I am strongly against the consensus, but without dissidence, there is no science. So I just want to open up the discussion to maybe some issues that don't necessarily blame Bush for once. Thanks.

I have also done a little research that shows the top three "greenhouse gases" that are making the earth warmer are: CO2, what we exhale; methane, caused by animal farts and decomposition; and water vapor. I know I am strongly against the consensus, but without dissidence, there is no science. So I just want to open up the discussion to maybe some issues that don't necessarily blame Bush for once. Thanks.

What kind of evidence would you need to see global climate change is a real thing? For a lot of people, the discussion is in the place of Anthony Flew's the Invisible Gardener where there is never enough evidence. For Flew there was never enough evidence to prove there is a God. For a lot of us there has not been and remains the case that UFO are real, i.e., that they are physical. For me, I'd like to see a UFO, measure it, weigh it and touch it. What kind of evidence would you need?

For me, 60 years of walking the woods near me, there are species of trees that are gone. Old growth trees are gone, etc. For me whether you "believe" or not doesn't matter because if the climate is changing, it is going to change. If there is a God. does it matter if I believe in it or not? If UFO exist does it matter what I believe? They will exist regardless.

Third time, what kind of evidence would you need for climate change?

Italy's ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo was killed on Monday when a UN convoy came under attack in the troubled east, DRC sources and the government in Rome said. Luca Attanasio died of his wounds after a World Food Programme (WFP) convoy came under fire near Goma while he was on a field trip to the region, a senior diplomatic source said in Kinshasa ...

1614032397189.png

Oh NM. Only BLM right?
The Congo is in a civil war and they don't play favorites. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He happened to be white.

The Congo is in a civil war and they don't play favorites. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He happened to be white.
You're right. I probably shouldn't have added the little jab in there about BLM. But then again, if it had happened to a black person in a predominantly white nation where people can also be in the wrong place at wrong time and you said the same thing? "He just happened to be black." How well would that go over?

Last edited:
Back