• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

You didn't make a point. That's the problem. You are just ignoring the real issues of fact-checking sites and the government's report on the January 6th insurrection.

You didn't make a point. That's the problem. You are just ignoring the real issues of fact-checking sites and the government's report on the January 6th insurrection.
Nope — that's not the case. I provided counterpoint with video taken at the scene plus documentaries featuring people who were there.

Fact-Checking the Fact-Checkers: How the Left Hijacked and Weaponized the Fact-Checking Industry​

An industry that started in the 1990s by fact-checking chain emails and Bigfoot sightings has evolved over the past decade into the American political left’s strongest tool in justifying the censorship of their political opposition and shaping the national narrative in their favor. Maybe get this guy as a guest and I'll start listening to the show again.

41NXgMURrdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

His premise is not based on facts. It's clear that actual reading fact-checking sites, the major ones most of us know, see that both left and right wing figures get dinged when they make questionable statements.

If he doesn't understand that, maybe he should be writing books on other subjects.

His premise is not based on facts. It's clear that actual reading fact-checking sites, the major ones most of us know, see that both left and right wing figures get dinged when they make questionable statements.

If he doesn't understand that, maybe he should be writing books on other subjects.
You still don't see the problem. It doesn't matter if both sides get dinged for the same misinformation if the so-called "misinformation" isn't actually misinformation, but just somebody's often less than well informed if not biased opinion — as has been admitted in court with Facebook.

I would however agree that the premise isn't quite precise. Although a lot of left wingers are indeed involved, to me it looks less about partisan politics and more about the the agendas of elitists behind the whole works. At some point I hope you get to where you can see that it's not as simple as you seem to think it is. You need to be able to think it through for yourself without offhandedly dismissing data that doesn't fit your paradigm.

Gene — I want to be clear here. I think that as seen through your particular lens on the world, you believe that your thoughts and actions are well intentioned ( as do I think the same about mine ) — the difference being that some of your observations and evidence are different than mine. That doesn't mean that all yours are true and everyone else's are false. Same goes for my perspective.

The key is to identify where the discrepancies in the evidence and reasoning are so as to weight it accordingly. But that cannot be done when one person arbitrarily dismisses and censors any part of the discussion that they don't agree with. At best it will only make it go away until it pops-up and smacks you in the face — Like RFK Jr. running for president.

So now you either have to engage in a smear and censorship campaign against him, or do a much deeper dive into the man and his work, and so far, I don't see him as any Dr. Evil. A lot of his efforts and accomplishments are excellent. He's WAY better than Biden or Trump. He gets what's been going on and has spent his life advocating for accountability, civil liberties, and a clean environment. He'd get my vote in a minute.

Last edited:
No, RFK Jr. isn't Dr. Evil. But you should also make an effort to understand why other members of his family do not consider him an acceptable candidate.

No, RFK Jr. isn't Dr. Evil. But you should also make an effort to understand why other members of his family do not consider him an acceptable candidate.
The issue isn't what his family thinks, it's whether or not he'd be a better option for President than the others. I don't know all the specifics of what his family thinks. Some support him, some don't. Part of the disagreement has to do with his activism, in which case, from what I've seen, they probably don't get his reasoning or accept the evidence. There might also be different political orientations ( I don't know ).

So far, I don't have a problem with him or the causes he believes in — but nobody is perfect either. He's lost some battles and won others. The losses don't necessarily mean he was in the wrong though. If you know of some grossly unethical bad behavior on his part, by all means feel free to share. In the meantime, he seems to be a man of ethics and conviction far above either Trump or Biden — America could do way worse.

One thing I did notice, was that during an Interview with Megyn Kelly, when Megyn challenged him on a couple of points, you could see that he was having trouble taking it well. Maybe he was having an off-day ( I don't know ). What these public figures are like when they're away from the cameras can be very different from the way they present to us. Apparently Hillary can be extremely venomous ( which I found surprising ).

Last edited:
The main issue is that he's an anti-vaxxer.
The term "antivaxxer" is a pejorative label that mischaracterizes RFK Jr. — as it does with many others. When you decide to have an uncensored discussion about that, where we can look at the evidence in a fair-minded manner, let me know.

Last edited:
We won't allow posts that could impact public health or promote hate or meaninglessly disparage people.

Period.

An antivaxxer is someone who claims all or most vaccines don't work, and that's not something I wish to see discussed here.

We won't allow posts that could impact public health or promote hate or meaninglessly disparage people.
Don't be a hypocrite. Censorship about public health impacts public health and further entrenches the meaningless disparagement of those unfairly accused of "promoting hate" or "disparaging people" or causing harm ( when they're not ). Discrimination against the non-vaccinated is real and you are participating in it by censoring fair minded discussion about it — when will you finally get it?
An antivaxxer is someone who claims all or most vaccines don't work, and that's not something I wish to see discussed here.
The historical evidence shows that you are misinformed about the term "antivaxxer", and not wanting to discuss it yourself shouldn't be a reason to prevent other people from discussing it. That's the sort of thing the CCP does. It's oppressive. It's shameful for you and the MSM to participate in it.

Last edited:
Note: Randall posted a message, and, when I came to respond, he changed it to a more insulting message first. He's taking advantage of the ability to edit or delete a post.

More fallout from Fox News' $787.5 million settlement with Dominion.

He was the highest rated performance artist on Fox, and they are facing more and more costly lawsuits over the nonsense their prime time hosts have been spreading for years. He is not the first to be on the chopping block.

And then there's Sen. Ted Cruz, who condemned Trump in 2016 before he sucked up to him:

And then there's Sen. Ted Cruz, who condemned Trump in 2016 before he sucked up to him:

I wonder... historians looking back at the 'Trump saga' with wide lenses that include stuff since 1776...

A 'smelly' puff of smoke caused by an indecent orange hair man who ends up in an orange suit ?

The circus promoter 'Tucker Carlson' finally lost his job.... what a ride though... lol

Of course the 'ultimate' opportunist in the 'Trump Saga' was that turtled neck senator Mitch Ayatollah McConnell who accomplished his super hero feat of turning back the clock at least 60 years with all his 'conservative' judge nominations. (the true meaning of MAGA lol)

To get a wider grin you'd need surgery. Separation of church and state ? What's that ?

Mitch_McConnell.jpg

And to be fair and balanced, Don Lemon is out at CNN:

He seemed so 'sympathetic' behind that camera... but then I'm a male and could not be victimized. With time, the true nature bubbled up to the surface.

His behavior and personal beliefs crucifies him as 'misogynistic' ... but then again, isn't everybody tainted by centuries-old 'patriarchal' ideas.

2023 is a time to give space and power to women who deserve it. Let's just hope that this new power is used well lol. Or revenge of the Amazons ?

As one might have expected, Fox News' ratings were down considerably on the first night without Carlson:

That would seem to make it reasonable for another network to pick him up. But since he flunked out of CNN and MSNBC, that might leave the lesser conservative networks, particularly Newsmax, which has exhibited a lot of growth. Their ratings are still below CNN, but not by much.

But Carlson no doubt signed a non-compete clause that will keep him off the air for awhile, unless Fox waves it, which is hardly likely.

Carlson's predecessor, Bill O'Reilly, never regained the heights he achieved at Fox News after his ouster. Just a thought.

As one might have expected, Fox News' ratings were down considerably on the first night without Carlson:

That would seem to make it reasonable for another network to pick him up. But since he flunked out of CNN and MSNBC, that might leave the lesser conservative networks, particularly Newsmax, which has exhibited a lot of growth. Their ratings are still below CNN, but not by much.

But Carlson no doubt signed a non-compete clause that will keep him off the air for awhile, unless Fox waves it, which is hardly likely.

Carlson's predecessor, Bill O'Reilly, never regained the heights he achieved at Fox News after his ouster. Just a thought.

Here we are in 2023 pushing back against human 'Goebbels'-like characters with a damaged checks and balances system. The ultimate wrecking ball in this house of cards will be 'artificial intelligence' software (ie. OpenAI) rigged to dish out fake info flavored with Steve Bannon sauce.

Back