• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Podcasts and the New Golden Age of Ufology

Good Op-ed.
Now a days UFO research and researchers are more accessible then ever before. This is definitely a paradigm shift. As consumers the nearest the average person could get to these guys was either books, or mainstream media (national radio interviews, television programs). Now they can see in person at numerous events and in their own word in podcasts.

Good Op-ed.
Now a days UFO research and researchers are more accessible then ever before. This is definitely a paradigm shift. As consumers the nearest the average person could get to these guys was either books, or mainstream media (national radio interviews, television programs). Now they can see in person at numerous events and in their own word in podcasts.
Good points. But sometimes I wonder if this melting pot of serious ufologists, paranormal investigators, researchers, con-artists, and media exploitation of the paranormal, is doing justice to the serious pursuit of whatever genuine phenomena is out there. Having an open mind is a nice sentiment, but just how open can a mind be before crossing over into the fringe?

Last edited:
You only “sometimes” wonder USI? This subject is as filled with goofballs as it ever was going by recent postings in here alone. If ever there was a golden age of podcasts (I would count the Biedny area of Paracast as one) then it was long ago and far away - and no sign of it’s return. Let’s leave this up to serious science or the phenomena itself to maybe disclose in due course?
Simply leaving the mystery up to everyone else to wonder about is one way for some people to treat the subject matter. But not everyone is satisfied with that type of approach. Then there's the whole cultural aspect of ufology, which can be as interesting for some people as the UFOs themselves. In the meantime, thanks for paying homage to the history of the show. I feel privileged to have followed in the footsteps of Biedny and O'Brien.

I'm sorry but I have to say that you really need to go back to school. You need to get a decent education in basic written English for a start. Your current style is abysmal - ungrammatical, badly punctuated (if at all) and just rambling unstructured nonsense. Most people have absolutely no interest in this subject at all - other than for comical entertainment. For those who have even the slightest interest you're only adding to the overiding perception that the field is mostly populated by uneducated cranks, kooks and deluded fringe hobbyists who've never really grown up.

David, thank you for the constructive criticism.

Good points. But sometimes I wonder if this melting pot of serious ufologists, paranormal investigators, researchers, con-artists, and media exploitation of the paranormal, is doing justice to the serious pursuit of whatever genuine phenomena is out there. Having an open mind is a nice sentiment, but just how open can a mind be before crossing over into the fringe?

I think most of the audience knows the difference between a hoax or cash grab and a serious take on the phenomenon. There are a lot of people out there just for the fringe and they are a powerful force (buying power) a lot of us have to wade through unfortunately. But regardless this is the direction the culture is going. The internet opening the UFO culture to 'everyone' is a double edged sword. This topic has been Fringe for so long, the shine of the New York Times taking it seriously for once is wearing off.

You’d do yourself a real favour if you’d carefully read your articles over, distill them massively and be much more succinct.

David, I went back through the article, there are a few spelling errors, three I think. I used Grammarly as an editing phase..it came up clean bro. Now, I ran your posts through Grammarly and you may want to take your own advice? For example "favour" has never been spelled that way....
1550515115143.png

Anyway- just a bit of constructive criticism...

This is working out well for me as you just provided an editing service for free! I think we are a good team, so keep that constructive criticism coming! Also, the three spelling errors you point out were the ones I also pointed out and corrected per my previous post.

I'm not a writer, never claimed to be one, I put my content out there anyway knowing my work will find its way to a troll or two, but I am still good with it. Hey, I mentioned you in the article, did you catch that? Now you are infamously associated with the worst article dealing with ufology that has ever been written!

I will respectfully withdraw myself from this thread, as I am working on another article, I will let you know when I am ready for my English editor and friend to help out!

TDSR

Back