• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Photographed UFO Over Puget Sound July 16, 2007

Nanook

Paranormal Novice
I photographed a UFO over Puget Sound from Alki Beach just after sunset on July 16, 2007. I was actually only trying to get a photograph of a colorful sunset when this craft entered the frame.

All of the UFOs I have photographed (and this is now the fourth time) have happened this way (not necessarily a sunset but I was trying to photograph something else and they got in the frame) and I'm beginning to wonder if it is not their intent.

I had an ET encounter when I was ten back in 1969, but then not even a sighting until last August and now in a years time I've photographed UFOs for times.

The first time was in August of 2006 when I was taking pictures from a ferry on the Edmonds-Kingston run.

The second time in March of 2007, when I was taking pictures of an orange sky near sunset at Richmond Beach.

The third time in May of 2007 I photographed a formation of six UFOs, this time right at the base of a low cloud cover where an airplane had also recently passed providing me with a size reference. Those couldn't have been more than 6-10 feet in diameter.

And then on July 16, 2007, I was down at Alki. Primarily I went there to photograph the KNND 107.7 Beach House operation for my radio blog, but I also wanted to get the radio towers on Queen Anne at night and just some general scenic photos.

So I photographed after sunset just trying to capture a colorful interesting sky and I captured a UFO also.

The following image is a full resolution crop with a yellow arrow pointing out the UFO. Click on the image to see the full original photo that it is part of.

To see the others and also some information that can help you photograph UFOs should you have the desire, see my UFO blog or UFO forum.

I am really interested in hearing from others who have had encounters, sightings, or photographed UFOs. I am hoping that some pattern might emerge that will provide some clue with respect to what is going on.

To me, the photo is inconclusive - not good enough to tell what it is. I have been a aircraft photographer for 35-to almost 40 years - and I have quite a few photos like that - but all of them are birds flying through the picture frame - it's going to have to be really sharp-focused and obvious for people to see what it is. Nice sunset shot, though!

MarsAve

Interesting shot. (of course it's inconclusive; all photos are inconclusive) Tell us how the UFO behaved.

Hi Nanook,

Thanks for posting. Upon a first glance, I simply thought that this image was just a plane. It seemed like there was a wing sticking out ever so slightly (maybe it's just me, it probably is, lol), but I wasn't sure, so I took the full res image into photoshop.

When I zoomed in at 600%, here is what I saw: http://astro.temple.edu/~jwiniars/ufozoomed.jpg

If you look at the half that is in the orange, you will notice that is the part that is most visible in the picture. This part is the main body of the "ufo" and is not of any concern to me. The part in the yellow is what I question. If you notice in the picture, this region heavily pixelated (typo?), and looks very unnatural compared to the other surrounding cloud areas. This makes me question whether the object was placed in the picture via a program like photoshop, because I cannot figure out how else pixels like that would come about.

Now, I am not blaming you necessarily, however, do you possibly have this image in a RAW format? The reason I ask is because there is a possibility that this may be jpg artifact (although I personally don't think so). Having a RAW file may produce a slightly higher image quality, then we could analyze the image further. If you cannot provide a RAW image file and only have this as a basis, then your picture will be subject to debunking because it appears to be photoshopped.

Cheers,

Joe

Seattle rules.

Check out that UFO gentlemen. That's right. It came here to pick up rent for the Space Needle, which as you may or may not know, we rent from Outer Space.

Grunge music, Heroin, and UFO's. Seattle PWNS you all.

;)

-DBTrek

Back