• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Photo I'd like some opinions on

Jay

Skilled Investigator
I have a picture I took a few years back that I’d like some opinions on, especially David’s. This picture was taken at a location near me that is reportedly haunted. It was taken in a tunnel, in the early evening in April. There were thunderstorms in the area, but none in the immediate vicinity.<o></o>
The camera used was a Nikon Coolpix 990. <o></o>
I did not see this when I took the picture.<o></o>
The object is washed out by the flash and you can see a shadow on the ground that seems to match it. My first thought was this is an insect, but it doesn’t look like a typical photo of one, where the wing pattern is evident as it is streaking by. I also thought about it being a spider, but it has too many “legs”. <o></o>
I am not claiming this to be anything paranormal, but I am puzzled as to what it could be.<o></o>
The main image is slightly compressed for posting here. Unfortunately the original is a jpg as well, and I know that is not the best.<o></o>
Thanks in advance!<o></o>

Attachments

• Anomaly.JPG
    Anomaly.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Anomaly_close_up.JPG
    Anomaly_close_up.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 13
It does seem to have a dimensional quality that I wouldn't expect from a diffraction artifact, but I'm no pro.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

A spider dangling off the end of a cobweb, close to the lens?

I had wondered if it was a spider, but thought there were too many "legs". Also, would a small spider, very close to the camera, cast a shadow on the ground?
I guess I need to try to recreate the shot with a small object on a thread. I'd go back to the original location, but it is currently off limits due to construction.

To me it just looks like something fibrous caught on the end of something long. What about a piece of lint snagged on some hair that was right in the front of the camera when the flash went off? How long is your hair by the way?

To me it just looks like something fibrous caught on the end of something long. What about a piece of lint snagged on some hair that was right in the front of the camera when the flash went off? How long is your hair by the way?

Hair? Think Patrick Stewart. :D
So, it could be something fibrous, but hair (at least mine) would be out of the question.

Back