• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phoenix Mars Probe Succeeds!

Paranormal Packrat said:
But locking threads because someone calls someone a poopoo head, isn't high on my list of things to do. Why should people who "behave" have a thread in which they took part locked because of 1-2 people who use insults?

Good point.

After looking at it that way, it doesn't really sound like all that hot an idea now.

fitzbew88 said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
But locking threads because someone calls someone a poopoo head, isn't high on my list of things to do. Why should people who "behave" have a thread in which they took part locked because of 1-2 people who use insults?

Good point.

After looking at it that way, it doesn't really sound like all that hot an idea now.

Someone reported me the other day for saying "titty" lol. I was like, wtf? I have to look at the moderator notice each time I'm here even though I read it many times already and marked it as such. (It won't go away Gene. Not sure why).

Anyway, anyone have any recent color pics from Mars to post? Besides the McDonalds sign one.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Loose Leaf Tea said:
No new colour photos for you, Packrat, but I wondered what you thought of this photo of a "screw" (?) taken by Phoenix.

http://www.openfuelresource.com/images/stories/mars_phoenix/lg_1044_SuperSized.jpg

Not much. Looks more like a sea shell to me, or something that fell off the lander. My guess is it's just terrain though. Here's something that looks like a footprint. http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/ I doubt that's actually what it is though.

Crap. They changed the frontpage image, so the footprint one isn't there anymore. Now some are going to yell conspiracy! sigh.

RonCollins said:
Loose Leaf Tea said:
No new colour photos for you, Packrat, but I wondered what you thought of this photo of a "screw" (?) taken by Phoenix.

http://www.openfuelresource.com/images/stories/mars_phoenix/lg_1044_SuperSized.jpg

I'll bet Hoagland is creaming over that one. Now, how to tie it cydonia....

Sheesh ... even Cydonians had to put up shelves sometimes, dontchya know? :p

Actually it does seem to me to look more like a spirally sea shell creature rather than a phillips head.

I think I would be rather worried if it fell off the lander, though. Didn't you see that double episode of The Six Million Dollar Man where that probe/lander thing went beserk and nearly got the better of Steve Austin ... blimey you earthlings don't know when you're born :p.

It's great that they landed that thing in one piece and hell even caught a picture of it with it's shoot popped open. WOW, my hats off to everyone involved with that one. However I'm disappointed with the options they chose for this rover. Instead of sending a big ole fat ass American Cadillac up there with all the options for seeking life they send an economy version Kia? I very interested in hearing whats being found, so I'll try to stay as optimistic as possible.

Drokk it!
~A

Back