• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phil Corso and his motives

mikec

Skilled Investigator
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I made a new thread.

I read the DAY AFTER ROSWELL when it came out, now a decade ago.

It was interesting, but it just didn't "smell" true. I was extremely doubtful. But, everyone who ever knew Phil Corso would praise him as a dedicated guy and a true patriot.

Here's my theory:
==========

He may have known a tiny bit about some post roswell events, my theory works better if he does. He's retired and old, and he gets called back in the office for one more duty. He is asked (by whoever) to write a book as a disinformation tool to muddle the UFO pool of researchers, maybe they are getting "close" to some very real insights.

He is given some parameters, told what to fabricate and what to stay away from. He has a lot of insights into the pentagon and its day to day workings. He probably had a lot of knowledge about how a military project is farmed out to industry too, enough to make some of the inner-office stuff seem convincing. He spins a complex yarn all in the role of the good soldier and patriot.

So - there might be a few bits of truth in the book, but the deep content was created to confuse and distort the real facts.

I have no way to back any of this up, it's just the impression I got after reading the book.

I wonder if William Burns has any insights here.

There is a funny little factoid (I think from Whitley) that tells how THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL was a big seller in the pentagon book store! And, Corso launched his book tour there. (true? I'm not sure)

Yes I think its something along these lines.

I must admit that I haven't read the book yet Ive only heard Various interviews with Corso and pod casts that discuss him so I dont really know enough to be able to comment as to whether he is telling the truth or not.

But if he is lying I would defiantly go with your theory.

I read the book about 8 years ago, but I remember feeling pretty disenchanted as I plowed through it. Corso seems to invent his own reality as the book goes along, and it doesn't really mesh with the framework of other more-established books about UFOs.

There was a lot of technical information in there that just seemed pointless (to me, as a layperson) to bother reading, cuz he could've been making it all up for all I knew.

Then again, the book was a "best-seller", published by a major publishing house, co-authored by someone who is now one of the de-facto TV personalities when it comes to the UFO subject, and Corso was involved in the intel community. These credentials make it relevant as a source in some capacity, just not necessarily for the information it contains.

ive just flicked thru my hardcover copy, as i recall its a detailed story, but at the end of the day you have to decide just one thing, is the author telling the truth here, or not. the appendix is full of declassified saturn V stuff, which dont really have anything to do with roswell.

its an interesting facet of the ufo story though. especially the official reaction or lack of it.

Don't worry about motives. Too subjective. Stick with what you can verify or not. Most of what Corso speaks of cannot be verified. In my experience, when it comes down to ONE persons word, who has access to name other names, but don't, it's a terrible red flag people. Really. Corso's story should be dead. And NO baby is being thrown out, since there was never a window in the room.

Back