• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, 11 years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

    Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Personal UFO Stories

Free episodes:

Tyger

Administrator
I was scrolling through my Memories on Facebook when I came across a post from back in 2019 reporting on the Tic-Tac videos (I think).
What followed was this exchange between a friend in England and myself -

Friend: "Saw a UFO over the Dearne Valley between Barnsley and Doncaster in the full light of day back in 1983. Silver cigar shape, no noise, and it was gone like spit in a steep assent. A few nights later something was behind the clouds. No noise lights moving willy nilly, then gone. No not lasers."

Me: What are your thoughts? What did you see? I have a fondness for the outlandish view that they are time-travelers on a cruise. 😉

Friend: "It was a cast over day but high cloud and not over dull. It had the hue of a passenger jet ( steel grey) and cigar shape. No prominent aft or fore.

I would say it was between five to eight miles off to the east sweeping or circling a mile wide sweep pretty rapidly, faster than an helicopter and not a glimmer of a sound. Then it suddenly scooted off without smoke or sound at a steep sixty degree angle and was gone in a flash without giving a perspective of becoming smaller in size.

I was roofing off an extension at the time and was looking in a stupor. When I turned my builder had the same expression. I asked if he had seen it too he nodded. We exchanged puzzlement and expletives and carried on with the job in hand.


I support the space and time travel theory."

Me: Maybe one of your descendants had come back to watch their great-great grandpa/uncle roofing
that old historic building everyone visits as a museum. 😛

Friend: "I'm the only exhibit in it. The missing link.
I have not told the story often but I had not been on the beer and I did not take medication then.
I do not know what it was but I saw it plain as day as I saw the lights shortly after."


Anyone else have any personal UFO stories?
 
I have two, both at night. And on the same stretch of road on a back highway that runs sorta parallel with the interstate, but I would sometimes take home so I wouldn't have to deal with the freeway. One was a light hovering over a cornfield. The other was was 3-5 years later on the same highway a little further west. I saw a craft taking off the ground. It had blue and red lights, no flashing lights and as it rose it swung slightly left and then turned right heading west. Both sightings were in the '90s, but it would be impossible for me to pinpoint the years with any certainty now.
 
Great stories @Red ! One point: were these sightings during the day, early evening, or night?

And on the same stretch of road on a back highway that runs sorta parallel with the interstate, but I would sometimes take home so I wouldn't have to deal with the freeway.

How intriguing. Same stretch of highway.

One was a light hovering over a cornfield.

What color? How big? Was it close to you, or far away? Did you notice it as you were zooming down the highway so only glanced at it?
And this: did you have an immediate emotional response? Did it fly away or stay stationary as you drove past? Did you look back at it?

The other was was 3-5 years later on the same highway a little further west. I saw a craft taking off the ground. It had blue and red lights, no flashing lights and as it rose it swung slightly left and then turned right heading west.

This is super intriguing. So many questions. How did the first and second sighting compare in size, and compare in distance from you? The first was a light, and the second you saw as a craft - what was the difference to see one as just a light and the other as a craft with lights? So the first was above a cornfield, what was the second above? It took off from level ground? What was your immediate emotional response with the second sighting? I assume you were zipping along down the highway - did you turn to see the object - were you able to follow the object in the sky?

What additionally intrigues me - I am supposing you never went back to check out the terrain. If you did, what did you see? If not, why not? Anyone else ever mention seeing stuff on that stretch of road? Are you still living near the place? Could you go back and look around?

:)
 
What color? How big? Was it close to you, or far away? Did you notice it as you were zooming down the highway so only glanced at it?
And this: did you have an immediate emotional response? Did it fly away or stay stationary as you drove past? Did you look back at it?
Not sure of size, there is a very tall hill directly behind that was maybe 150 yards from the road. The light was yellow. It was 11 at night and I was alone, so not inclined to stop. But for some reason, that is the one that scared me.
This is super intriguing. So many questions. How did the first and second sighting compare in size, and compare in distance from you? The first was a light, and the second you saw as a craft - what was the difference to see one as just a light and the other as a craft with lights? So the first was above a cornfield, what was the second above? It took off from level ground? What was your immediate emotional response with the second sighting? I assume you were zipping along down the highway - did you turn to see the object - were you able to follow the object in the sky?

What additionally intrigues me - I am supposing you never went back to check out the terrain. If you did, what did you see? If not, why not? Anyone else ever mention seeing stuff on that stretch of road? Are you still living near the place? Could you go back and look around?
Second sighting was at night too, but earlier. Second object was much bigger and on a hill up from the road. I was on the part of the highway that jogs south for a hot minute and then turns back to the west, I was able to follow behind the object and watch it for a bit before I lost it. I used to drive that stretch of road a lot going back and forth to the folks. They've since moved, but I did take it part the way home sometime in the last year. I can tell you that the second sighting wasn't that far off from a big broadcast tower that's been there since the '30s. I don't really get the chance these days to just drive around that area, but I used to be really familiar with that road. I could probably give a rough estimate for both sightings on a map even to this day.
 
@Red What a trooper you are to have actually made a stab at answering my questions. Thank you! If I was a MUFON Investigator, though, you would not get away with sliding past the shank of my questions. :) If I were you I'd be taking at least 2 friends with me to scour the area. I might even go so far as to contact the owners of the land. And then I'd submit an article to the local newspaper to get the word out. :)
 
I'd probably do some of that today if my sighting was more recent, but this was 30 years ago and my own memory is fuzzy and the dates are lost to history.
 
@Red But aren't you even curious? Especially what the owners of the land would say. But hey - you'd be right in keeping with every other UFO report these days, especially one coming out from the US government (Tic-Tac) - 30 years old, all relevant parties dead who can corroborate. But you never know - there might be an old codger sitting on the porch who recalls something 'funny' happening once, or recalls an uncle saying something. :)

That was another thing about that guy - there was so much - first its just him, then he's there with a buddy (who I think he said signed up) - and then we learn it was a whole cadre of guys that were there. Plus he stressed they wanted guys without family yet he declined because he had family. The story is so flimsy and illogical - why would the government want such nonsense cast abroad?

But they did mention the Iran sightings - and suddenly it was new US tech? 99.9% of news cannot be believed.
 
@Red But aren't you even curious? Especially what the owners of the land would say. But hey - you'd be right in keeping with every other UFO report these days, especially one coming out from the US government (Tic-Tac) - 30 years old, all relevant parties dead who can corroborate. But you never know - there might be an old codger sitting on the porch who recalls something 'funny' happening once, or recalls an uncle saying something. :)

I am, but I don't have a crap ton of free time these days to just take off and start asking questions. I tried asking the question on the UFO subreddit, but they want me to report my sightings (they are trialing a reporting tool for 30 days) so I can't just ask a question about maybe anyone else seeing something a long the same stretch of road.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top