• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Perpetuated Fallacies of Ghost Hunters

To put it simply, this is just another gadget being pimped by the paranormal community that is absolutely useless.

Frank's Box in a nutshell, by Jose. Brilliant!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WoHJyj-8dV4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Glad you like it :)

I really am tired of the whole paranormal scene. It's riddled with snake oil salesmen, people who claim to be scientific, political bullshit and disputes. I haven't even bothered to keep tabs on the scene since we cancelled the show on a high note. We cancelled it for many reasons but the main reason was that we didn't think the scene deserved a high production TV show. The efforts of the production team were better utilised with other projects. It was a good move to cancel the show after 4 industry nominations. Now we can move onto bigger and better things.

The Frank's Box was the last straw for me. I have been following that sham for a while now and its popularity only illustrated the lack of common sense and logic in the scene. People were hell bent on believing anything and everything.

If I hear another group mention science or scientific method I'll scream. If these people TRULY believed they were remotely scientific, then they would throw away 99% of their gadgets and unfounded, speculative claims.

I haven't listened to any paranormal podcast in months. I unsubscribed to them all. I ignore all paranormal themed shows like the plague. Unfortunately, I also haven't listened to the Paracast in over 5 months now (sorry Dave and Gene). Mainly due to my not having a replacement iPod and time to listen to the show. I am still subscribed though. I loved the Paracast and I'm getting my new iPod very soon. It was like a breath of fresh air in a world full of hot air. I think I only subscribe to a handful of shows now. I also love Skeptoid.

Anyway...I no longer walk in the paranormal circles. I got tired of the bullshit mentality and politics. I'm still frustrated when I read claims people make. Hence the videos. People have attacked my use of foul language but that was chosen for a reason. I'm hitting the scene right where it hurts.

I still believe in the paranormal...to a certain degree. I mean, belief is something I am happy that people have. Belief can drive people to do some amazing things. It also drives people to do some pretty negative things. Unfortunately, when people make claims of proof, evidence, facts or the usual pseudoscientific BS.

OH GOD! That Frank's Box is the most obvious of all crank gadgets. There's no room for skeptics in the ghost hunting scene so I'm just leaving.

Aaaanyway...I gotta get back to work.

Stay cool everyone

Doesn't Rob Fitzgerald of "Dead Science Podcast" profess interest in that thing, or something similar? Also the kids on Paranormal State tout it. :rolleyes:
Now, I really like Rob Fitzgerald and enjoy his show but it seems he has been on a steady slide from healthy skepticism to downright "bleever."

Of course, if "Frank's Box" can actually talk to the dead and provide truly useful and credible info I'll be the first to apologize for my downright cynicism towards it.

Doesn't Rob Fitzgerald of "Dead Science Podcast" profess interest in that thing, or something similar? Also the kids on Paranormal State tout it. :rolleyes:
Now, I really like Rob Fitzgerald and enjoy his show but it seems he has been on a steady slide from healthy skepticism to downright "bleever."

Of course, if "Frank's Box" can actually talk to the dead and provide truly useful and credible info I'll be the first to apologize for my downright cynicism towards it.

I'll eat all my Frank's Box devices if anyone can prove without a doubt that they are more than a broken radio set to a linear scan.

Rob Fitzgerald seems to lack healthy skepticism. His new EMF/EVP devices, in my opinion, are proof of that. I used to listen to his podcast for entertainment purposes and unsubscribed the second he started tinkering with devices that had more flaws than the Spruce Goose.

I do not believe that anyone cansay for sure what is real and what is not unless you see it feel it tasteit, touch it. I do not think rocket science is needed to see a spirir with my own eyes, I guess I am willing to give anyone the benifit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. As far as t.v. shows go think where they are coming from, its tv and it needs to sell, it's all about the money and ratings, I have been studying paranormal things in general for awhile now and the whole is it or isn't it will go on forever.alucard

I'll eat all my Frank's Box devices if anyone can prove without a doubt that they are more than a broken radio set to a linear scan.

Rob Fitzgerald seems to lack healthy skepticism. His new EMF/EVP devices, in my opinion, are proof of that. I used to listen to his podcast for entertainment purposes and unsubscribed the second he started tinkering with devices that had more flaws than the Spruce Goose.

Jose, my wife and I rolled around LOL'ing watching two of your videos. Keep posting those, you're pretty good entertainment - you should do a skeptics video podcast - We'd watch avidly and contribute as well.

Jose, my wife and I rolled around LOL'ing watching two of your videos. Keep posting those, you're pretty good entertainment - you should do a skeptics video podcast - We'd watch avidly and contribute as well.

Thanks for the support. I initially made my first vid out of frustration, then found I was pissing people off and that became my drive and incentive to create more. I do it purely out of entertainment.

Not too sure if any skeptical society would approve of my approach. I chose the approach based on what I had seen in the paranormal community. Seems they're quite happy to abuse each other, but not so accepting of a skeptic that adopts their attitude and uses it against them.

Back