• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paul Stonehill

He's cool, and some of his stuff is truly fascinating (and not just loopy like the junk on pravda.ru).
Of course, he's actually just Gene in disguise (Stonehill<-> Steinberg a coincidence? I Think not :) )

If Paul Stonehill is ever back on the show, I'd love to hear his views on the Dyatlov Pass Incident, which he covered briefly in his book Soviet Ufo Phenomenon.

Just about everything can be explained or posited as a logical reaction to hypothermia.

the only things that are rather problematic are the asserted radiation level on some of the clothing and the injuries requiring a greater force than human strength. However, if three of them became delusional and were chased after by a few who were not delusional but had no time to fully dress, in an attempt to help them, and falls occurred as a result or several of the group tackled another to try to stop them?

Strangeness does not always indicate 'strangeness'.

just sayin'....

I wonder if any of the victims were about to squeal on someone. The missing tongue seems like a message from a gang to me. Those Russkies can be pretty damn ruthless. It is a creepy case. Maybe they should have obeyed the 'Don't Feed The Yetis" sign.
This line from the Wiki struck me as odd...
'Investigations of the deaths suggest that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow; while the corpses show no signs of struggle, one victim had a fractured skull, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.'
How can broken bones and missing organs be interpreted as "no signs of struggle?"

I wonder if any of the victims were about to squeal on someone. The missing tongue seems like a message from a gang to me. Those Russkies can be pretty damn ruthless. It is a creepy case. Maybe they should have obeyed the 'Don't Feed The Yetis" sign.
This line from the Wiki struck me as odd...
'Investigations of the deaths suggest that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow; while the corpses show no signs of struggle, one victim had a fractured skull, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.'
How can broken bones and missing organs be interpreted as "no signs of struggle?"

they were overdue somewhere around Feb 5? and the bodies were not found for a few weeks, my money is on a small animal finding some easy food.

Just about everything can be explained or posited as a logical reaction to hypothermia.

the only things that are rather problematic are the asserted radiation level on some of the clothing and the injuries requiring a greater force than human strength. However, if three of them became delusional and were chased after by a few who were not delusional but had no time to fully dress, in an attempt to help them, and falls occurred as a result or several of the group tackled another to try to stop them?

Strangeness does not always indicate 'strangeness'.

just sayin'....

Very true, and very possible. There could well be a perfectly "non-paranormal" explanation for what happened to them- one of the more compelling one's I've heard was that they got in the way of a missile test (i.e. they were close to the impact zone and were injured and/or disoriented from such.) This would account for the radiation as well as perhaps the injuries, and the resulting secrecy by the authorities, and even the lights-in-the-sky reported by some local people nearby on the same night.

We just don't know. Paranormal or not, it's still a compelling unsolved mystery.

Also, I just remembered I had posted a while ago about the incident on another thread, here, if anyone's interested (with a photo of the area that always creeps me out): Dyatlov Pass - strange story - Bring Paul Stonehill in! - The Paracast Community Forums

There is a good article on this incident in the latest Fortean Times by Svetlund Osadchuk and Kevin O'Flynn that attempts to cover explanation from the bizarre to the mundane, creepy stuff indeed!

Very true, and very possible. There could well be a perfectly "non-paranormal" explanation for what happened to them- one of the more compelling one's I've heard was that they got in the way of a missile test (i.e. they were close to the impact zone and were injured and/or disoriented from such.) This would account for the radiation as well as perhaps the injuries, and the resulting secrecy by the authorities, and even the lights-in-the-sky reported by some local people nearby on the same night.

We just don't know. Paranormal or not, it's still a compelling unsolved mystery.

Also, I just remembered I had posted a while ago about the incident on another thread, here, if anyone's interested (with a photo of the area that always creeps me out): Dyatlov Pass - strange story - Bring Paul Stonehill in! - The Paracast Community Forums

This explanation is very persuasive - it accounts for a lot in the story.

Back