• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast live cam?

Free versions of recent episodes:

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Pull your minds out of the gutter, i'm not suggesting anything 'x' rated here, unless you find X-zone radio & Rob arousing. Okay, with that out of the way here is my idea.

Would it be of the interest of the listeners & Gene & David to set up a Cam-stream for the show? Just to add another element of uniqueness to the program? Lou Gentile was for awhile doing this & I found it rather neat to watch him do the show.

I apoligize if the idea has already been brought up, or if the general opinion is that this is a stupid idea (for whatever reason, as in it's already been done).

Your ideas are appreciated.

Goody.

Cost more money I imagine. What sorts of things you have in mind they show?

It seems most their shows aren't live btw.

David is using the new Paracast TV forum for showing vids.

You realise that they are conversing over skype? That being said, I would probably find it interesting to see their faces while they talk, to get a better sense of who they are and where theyre coming from (especially valuable if David ever relates another experience).

But I think the chances of them bothering to do this are pretty slim. Although they are tech guys I guess, so who knows.

Actually instead of a cam, I reckon a little live chat applet in the bottom of the forums would be pretty cool.

Also you have to remember that they're not in the same "studio" when they're recording the show. They're many miles apart. Although you could do a split screen kind of thing ... like 24 ... but without the dodgy story lines and the huge amount of guns ... oh and Kiefer Sutherland ... obviously :D

Eerrie does a live cam for their show, which is fine as they do it all from one packed studio. with the paracast, you would likely see a vid of Gene (or David) sitting alone apparrently talking to himself ;)

Recently I discovered www.secondlife.com and as I am sure many of you are already aware this is a virtual world that is available via a free download at the above address.

Now aside from this space being a fun and unique (at least as far as I know) place to visit, it seemed to me that it would be a great way for all of us to get together on occasion and chat in real time. As if you have a microphone connected you can meet up there and talk in a group,

After speaking with my brother who lives in California, I have found out that this site is pretty big over there and many large companies use it to advertise and demonstrate some of their new products.
It seems if you pay for premium membership you can buy some virtual land then construct buildings and other objects and then incorporate them into the environment.

So how about it folks, we could all club together to buy Gene and Dave their very own plot of virtual land, construct some sort of building (The Paracast Conference Centre) for instance.
Where we can all hang out (virtually) and G&D could maybe do some shows from there from time to time.

Though all that may sound a little silly, it would at least enable us all to actually communicate a lot faster and perhaps attract more listeners to the show in a truly new and exciting way.

Anyway if you have the time or the inclination, do check out the link, if nothing else it's great fun though I wouldn't advise letting your kids on there for obvious reasons.

Feel free to rip me apart,

Mark

I personally think the best way for us to all get together is via a skypes own skypecast. i took part in one that "openminds forum" did last year and it went well. Most people can run skype afterall.... people can either choose to talk "verbally" by making a request or type in normal skype fashion. i think the maximum is 100 participants

would be nice to have more interactivity with the show

Recently I discovered www.secondlife.com and as I am sure many of you are already aware this is a virtual world that is available via a free download at the above address.

Now aside from this space being a fun and unique (at least as far as I know) place to visit, it seemed to me that it would be a great way for all of us to get together on occasion and chat in real time. As if you have a microphone connected you can meet up there and talk in a group,

After speaking with my brother who lives in California, I have found out that this site is pretty big over there and many large companies use it to advertise and demonstrate some of their new products.
It seems if you pay for premium membership you can buy some virtual land then construct buildings and other objects and then incorporate them into the environment.

So how about it folks, we could all club together to buy Gene and Dave their very own plot of virtual land, construct some sort of building (The Paracast Conference Centre) for instance.
Where we can all hang out (virtually) and G&D could maybe do some shows from there from time to time.

Though all that may sound a little silly, it would at least enable us all to actually communicate a lot faster and perhaps attract more listeners to the show in a truly new and exciting way.

Anyway if you have the time or the inclination, do check out the link, if nothing else it's great fun though I wouldn't advise letting your kids on there for obvious reasons.

Feel free to rip me apart,

Mark
I like your idea. You should make a new thread on it so people will see it. I would definitely pitch in.

You realise that they are conversing over skype? That being said, I would probably find it interesting to see their faces while they talk, to get a better sense of who they are and where theyre coming from (especially valuable if David ever relates another experience).

Yes, I agree with the idea, but then how will Gene take his pants off, and how would you react to Stanton Freidman inserting a finger in his ear and then sniffing the aforementioned finger? Bill Birnes still wearing his aviators in front of the monitor? Heck! I'm sure Dave scarfin' down a Milky Way might even manifest.

I think it would even be a better idea if the guests didn't know they were on video. Cut to video footage of Bill Knell reading something written on his arm.

Google userplane webchat. (www.userplane.com) which is a possibility for this sort of thing. A simple $50 webcam and you're plugged in. I know it works in real time, and I'm sure you could also record the sound as a podcast, but I'm not sure the whole thing can (or should) be recorded. In any case, anyone can join up and see the webcams and at least listen to the conversation, if not participate. If G&D wanted to 'open up for questions from the audience' then this system would allow that. Anyway, check it out of you want. I believe there is a free version, and one for a few bucks that allows you to cut out the ads at the bottom of the screen.

I'll put my cyber foot down here and say, no live webcam chat. A prerecorded interview probably.

I'll put my cyber foot down here and say, no live webcam chat. A prerecorded interview probably.
Why? If you could still download the mp3 file as usual, you could skip the web cam part of the show and not even bother with it. It's not something that you need to take a stand on, or to dictate to others what they'd like to see. Besides, we're just tossing around ideas on how that could potentially work. G&D have not weighed in on the matter.

Why? If you could still download the mp3 file as usual, you could skip the web cam part of the show and not even bother with it. It's not something that you need to take a stand on, or to dictate to others what they'd like to see. Besides, we're just tossing around ideas on how that could potentially work. G&D have not weighed in on the matter.
I'm not sure if we want to do this. David and I are in different parts of the country, separately by roughly 2,500 distance. Our guests are all over the place, and we communicate with them via phone mostly, and only occasionally by Skype. It would be an intrusion to expect them to be set up for web cam access.

Maybe some day we'll think of a convenient way. But do you really want to see us broadcasting in our underwear? :D

That's one of the joys of audio, you don't have to worry about having a bad hair day or the like. Still lots of people are doing this without any extra cost.

Leo Laporte has been streaming from his studio for months now using Stickam which also gives the ability for chat during the streaming, also oovoo.com is another free option which works pretty well. There is also ustream which is yet again free. Lots of ways to do it at no cost if Gene and Dave decided to stream some video, wouldn't really have to have the guests in on the video end.

Would be fun though to get another view and of course it would allow Gene and Dave to do fun stuff like roll their eyes at each other or make funny faces whenever they get f**ktards like Bill Knell on the show. :D

Back