• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast is the best show of its kind out there.

Free episodes:

dtp1978

Paranormal Novice
Dave and Gene,

I just recently started listening to the paracast and have been making my way through the archives, it is awesome.

Just got done listening to the show where you are talking about reviews and people were saying you suck and you are mean. Boo hoo, I say get meaner. Is it mean to expect someone to actually back up their claims with proof?(i.e. the Bill Knell episode) Old George over on C2C could learn a thing or two from you two. Better yet they should can him and hire you guys.

Thanks for the great show.

-D

Hi,
you mirrored my thoughts exactly. I am doing exactly the same as you and am within a couple of broadcasts lol.

cheers,
Chris

I completely agree with the previous two posts.

I have been listening to the archives and keeping up with current shows for the past 6 months or so. As far as I have found, there is no other show that treats the matter as seriously but also probingly.

There is SO much B*** S*** out there that it's good to hear Dave and Gene try to get to the 'truth' whatever - that may be.
<o></o>
I'd like to hear them being even more probing of their guests. The trouble is this could be interpreted as hostile (but sometimes it needs to be!) and could scare off the some guests, particularly the charlatans. Unfortunately these are exactly the ones who need exposing.
<o></o>
Regards,
<o></o>
Ian

Man what a great thought! For Gene and David to have a four hour show sea to shining sea. It would be great. No guys with "horse" shows and crazy women who talk "beta" Just honest open discussion of the paranormal with honest debate back and forth. The guest would have to bring their A-game and even the professional "skeptics" such as the bad astromomer (bad guest)and old michael s. from Scientific American would be taken to task instead of ooohed and ahhhed over. Where do I sign up cause I would glady pay "streamlink" prices for a show like that.

Have to agree with you all here.. Best show online by far. It's on my download list every week without fail!

Intelligent guests and hosts that are not afraid to ask those "probing" questions, ( No UFO pun intended! )

:)

i just assumed everyone knew The Paracast is the best podcast (and forum) of its kind...in our galaxy anyway.

We may not know about intelligent life in the universe but if you want to find intelligent life on the internet then you've come to the right place...

Totally true.

I've said it before around here, but this show is the only show that even attempts to take these matters seriously. Everyone else is either "so open minded that they're head is a garbage can," is basically just running entertainment, is trying to make a buck, or is a dogmatist of some kind.

Keep it up guys. You are the only people doing this.

I think we all would agree that the show is well done. Isn't the real question how to increase the number and range of people who listen to the Paracast (I assume the hosts wouldn't mind a wider audience, and ergo greater advertising revenues)?

I first came across the Paracast on YouTube, where someone had posted some excerpts from the show. I have since directed a few friends interested in the paranormal to the show by personal recommendation (they truly enjoy it and now listen religiously). I suspect in good part the question is how to grab the attention of many serious-minded C2C listeners so that they also tune into the Paracast. In the end, the contrast is so clear I rarely listen to C2C anymore -- only George Knapp's shows.

C2C now is nothing more than another talk radio station, so I have heard recently. In fact, the Paranormal is not cover that much their no more.

As for other shows like this, sadly most take the easy route and every week it is just another lame book review featuring some guest telling the listeners why they shoulld go right out and but their latest book!

I like the Paracast because to me, at least D & G invite some interesting guests on the show and have interesing conversations. After 2 hrs I feel at least I have learnt some thing I didnt know 2 hrs before hand.

But yea. like most of you also, I too like to hear some shows when D&G invite the "Liars" on and grill them slowly for 2 hours until done! lol

Maybe its time for a Robert Bess grilling and his Electirc Wardrobe or what ever its called.

The Paracast was like an island I crawled onto after swimming in a sea of bullshit for way too long.

I must say I have not been able to get through some of the shows that involved obvious morons (sean david morton , hello). Not sure exactly why but I just cannot get into spending anymore time on these people (even if they are getting the full treatment by Gene and David).

Only Paratopia and Don's old shows are comparable in quality to the Paracast. The rest, especially shows like Karyn Dolan and Binnall of America are worse than bad, they do a disservice to the field.

I would love to find myself with the energy and resources to generate a show with a Canadian perspective. I am sitting here in Ottawa and from my balcony can see Shirley's Bay where Wilbur Smith did his research in the 50's. Well, who knows....

The Paracast was like an island I crawled onto after swimming in a sea of bullshit for way too long.

Couldn't have said it better.

I actually have a friend who I tried hard to make him to listen to the paracast. In the end he said "I don't like these guys". When I asked why, he ignored me. At later time, I made him explain why he didn't like the paracast guys. All he said was some bs excuse that David and Gene will trash everyone who comes to their show and that they're too negative, etc. It's quite sad.

I mean what's the point of trying to get these people to listen to the paracast if after listening to one whole show they don't like these guys. For the quality of every single paracast (with maybe exception of a few) is such that it's hard to not get hooked on it for anyone who is serious about this subject and doesn't want to listen to some delusional people and other crooks.

Was the best show of its kind!!

This show is presented by easily the most self obsessed, self promoting, egotistical person I have ever come across...

I was a fan of this show from episode one and recomended it to many friends.

The earlier shows were very promising but as time progressed Biedny's ego swells and takes over most shows which relegates Steinberg to nothing more then an ad announcer.

Which is a shame really as Steinberg seems to be the one with a long history in the paranormal, and Biedny seems to have none, but has hijacked the show by attacking guests who he feels don't have evidence to prove their story, which is fine untill he then proceeds to relay his own equally unprovable and in most cases crazier stories as fact.

This atitude seems to have resulted in a small circle of uninteresting yes men guests who are recycled over and over and just rehashing the same dribble. (i.e how great Biedny is and how stupid everyone else is, and oh how lucky we are to have you David).

Biedny likes to announce every week how they are trying to Seperate the Signal from Noise. I am like most adults more then capable of making up my own mind and have come to the conclusion that you are the NOISE Biedny. just let the guest tell their story and the listener can make up their own minds....

regards,
Kieran
Paracast Unsubscriber

Was the best show of its kind!!

This show is presented by easily the most self obsessed, self promoting, egotistical person I have ever come across...

I was a fan of this show from episode one and recomended it to many friends.

The earlier shows were very promising but as time progressed Biedny's ego swells and takes over most shows which relegates Steinberg to nothing more then an ad announcer.

Which is a shame really as Steinberg seems to be the one with a long history in the paranormal, and Biedny seems to have none, but has hijacked the show by attacking guests who he feels don't have evidence to prove their story, which is fine untill he then proceeds to relay his own equally unprovable and in most cases crazier stories as fact.

This atitude seems to have resulted in a small circle of uninteresting yes men guests who are recycled over and over and just rehashing the same dribble. (i.e how great Biedny is and how stupid everyone else is, and oh how lucky we are to have you David).

Biedny likes to announce every week how they are trying to Seperate the Signal from Noise. I am like most adults more then capable of making up my own mind and have come to the conclusion that you are the NOISE Biedny. just let the guest tell their story and the listener can make up their own minds....

regards,
Kieran
Paracast Unsubscriber

Most self obsessed, self promoting and egotistical...hmmm. Assuming you just came out of a coma I suggest you reserve this title for someone more deserving. Not much room to move there Kieran.

Clearly you are motivated by something specific but won't say. We all routinely dismiss people in this area of interest but this smack of something else entirely. Specific critisism I can discuss. Your drivel (not sure what "dribble" is) is the only self serving thing I can identify here.

::)

1) Assuming you just came out of a coma I suggest you reserve this title for someone more deserving. Not much room to move there Kieran.

2)Clearly you are motivated by something specific but won't say.

3) Specific critisism I can discuss.

4) Your drivel (not sure what "dribble" is) is the only self serving thing I can identify here

1) Well considering I have just stopped listening to the paracast you could say i have just come out of a coma. In regard to my opening statment the few people I know who still listening to the show all of whom directed to it by myself. routinely admit to skipping the opening segment and going strait to the interview or even switching off midway through because of this very reason, as I and I suspect many others have done for along time before finally giving up on the show altogether, although I doubt I will find any of them here!!

2)WON'T SAY? did you even read my post. My motivation couldn't be clearer it's purely Frustration the fact that you want it to be something else is an issue for you to consider maybe you have built Beidny up so
much you can't accept that someone can be critical without feeling the need to shout Conspirecy,
Or maybe you just haven't got anything inteligent to say. I mean lets be honest here that response is the bread and butter reply in the paranormal field the GO TO answer if you don't like what someone has to say

3) Seriously did you read my post!!!!!!!

4) Dribble means exactly the same as drivel which you clearly already knew givin that you so kindly translated well done.

So in summing up I think it's fair to say that although you tried to sound all clever and intelligent, you did in fact fail spectacularly to recognise any of the true talking points of my post and as a result of your failure posted a reply that can only be described as a nonsensical hodgepodge of quotes and non statments. Made worse by the fact that you quoted my whole post in your reply.

I dare say if you brought that kind of mediocre arguement to the show Biedny would tare you a new one.. So wipe that smirk off your face ::)

P.S I stopped listening to C2C a long time ago also for the same reason the noise of one mans ego drowning out the signal......

Now i'll not Darkin your door again and leave you to your little love in.

Regards,
Kieran

Fuck Sakes? are you having a fucking laugh I think you mean Fuck sake practice what you preach, I'll learn to spell if you learn to talk

I think I owe beidny an apology, judging from the two replies the listeners of the show do need someone to tell them what to think!!

I reckon all the intelligent listeners with a mind of their own probably fucked off a long time ago

and I think the saying is
BYE BYE :D

For someone who claims to be unsubscribed you sure as hell still seem to be here.

And slang has no obedience to grammar. Besides I don't have to take that shit from someone who probably couldn't spell "grammar" on a bet.

Fuck you, fuck off, BUH BYE.

Hey ninja,

I just read your posts and have to say I very strongly disagree with your sentiments.
It sounds to me like you have hit some sort of crisis with your ability to accept simple human quirks qnd foibles.

Since being an avid listener and forum member I have learned an immense amount from both Gene, Dave, the many guests and everyone here on the forums not just in relation to the paranormal but also lots about how to effectively communicate ideas and opinions with minimum offence and maximum reward. It's a shame you no longer feel like listening and I truly think it's your own loss, and lets be honest you pobably will keep listening anyway so as you are still here on the forums and when you finally simmer down I think an apology would be in order to David.

Your comments on his interviewing technique make it clear to me that you think he has some kind of certainty that he is always right and others are wrong, and that he approaches these topics from some kind of ego driven perspective. Well all I can say is you are so very, very wrong.

For some time now I have been able to chat with David for many hours about all this stuff, and I can assure you he doesn't feel like he has any firm answers to any of this, but as you are already aware he like so many of us is simply fed up with the charlatans, frauds, liars, outright thieves and general bullshit hurled around in this farmyard that if we are to be grateful for anything it is PRECISELY that aspect of his style that may go some way in revealing some small glimmer of truth within any of this intensly frustrating field. Also as you and everyone else has heard him say he is a native New Yorker so what do you expect?

Peace,

Mark

I expect you will strongly disagree with me, but time will tell.

Back