• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast+: Important News About Recurring Subscription Payments

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
When you subscribe to The Paracast+ on monthly, one-year and five-year plans, PayPal sets up a recurring payment agreement in your account for The Paracast LLC (or Making The Impossible Inc.). So long as your funding source (credit card, bank debit card, etc.) is current, the payments will go through on schedule.

If the payment fails for any reason (not enough money or an expired credit card are the most frequent causes), the payment will be attempted a second time five days later (usually)

Depending on how the merchant account is setup, the payment may be attempted one or more additional times. After that, the payment will be suspended. For us, it means that your Paracast+ membership will be suspended.

I've gone through the variations with PayPal, but they tell me the only way for you to resume your membership is to subscribe all over again. You have to return to the forum to upgrade your membership. Sorry!

We're locked into the PayPal system because of the way the forum and upgrade system are set up. You are notified via email if a scheduled/recurring payment can't go through, and you'll have five days to fix it up.

If there are any further problems, you'll probably want to contact PayPal about it. But don't assume there will be an easy answer. I just got off the phone with them before writing this message. Color me frustrated!

If you do want to cancel, just cancel the recurring payment in PayPal.

When it (P+ membership) lapses or if when I need to pay for the next year it's a new PayPal (one that I would create because my first year was a gift)/etc. Will I need to create a new forum account or can I keep this one?

And here's PayPal's "Official" instructions on cancelling a recurring or subscription payment:

How do I cancel a recurring payment, subscription, or automatic billing agreement I have with a merchant?

Here's how:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Settings near the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Click Manage pre-approved payments.
  5. Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.

Back