• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast Bonked! Oo-er!

Some good lunch reading, thanks guys!

Perhaps Gene and Dave could be more polite to people they think are full of shit, but it's that same tenacity for truth that separates it from other shows in this space and for the most part they are very straight forward to these people, they didn't treat Paula like a queen and then bad mouth her behind her back.

Regarding the phone call etc... obviously we are just reading about it from 2 different points of view on a message board, but.......... I could see how David could come off a bit intimidating in a phone call, but that also is pretty cool that David followed up with the guy and confronted him about his comments. In a public forum like a radio show you should be held accountable for what you say and be able to explain yourself.

His explanation that he wants to provide an open forum on his show without a certain level of discretion is legit IMO. It's his show, he can do what he wants to. Doesn't mean Gene and Dave can't also express their opinion that those types of shows suck and do a massive disservice to this field, and that's what makes this medium so great, we can express our opinions :)

Now on the topic of Dungeons and Dragons :)

I think to listen to and post on paranormal message boards does admittedly require a bit of Geekyness for sure and I bet there is a correlation between people who are into the paranormal with people who are into Sci-Fi/Fantasy/and Prog rock culture indeed, I mean Gene is a Sci Fi author for crying out loud and David worked on the graphics of T2!

But really, who gives a shit? Would you rather be the Casey Casem of the paranormal world or the Woodward and Bernstein?

By the way, didn't anyone see Revenge of the Nerds, the Nerds win man! Ooops gotta go, I just dropped my 12 sided dice and I'm about to be attacked by a Centaur.........

I'm still a little bit confused by this. Can somebody tell me at what point in the podcast were they rude to Paola?
Granted they had heated discussion, but i dont remember them doing anything hostile. They didnt call her names, on the most part they let her have her say. If that was was what JR thinks is hitting on someone "pretty pretty hard" I think he must have grown up in a cocoon somewhere shielded from any serious debate.

Honestly, i'm not trying to insult JR, but this whole situation is ridiculous. Imagine if this was a political show, and she was a politician (terestrial not Exo)... she would have got a lot more of a bashing on that, yet come on to a paranormal show and talk shit and we're all supposed to keep our mouths shut and listen to it?

She agreed to come on the show, and ASKING TOUGH QUESTIONS IS THE FORMAT OF THE SHOW! She agreed to that format and is now moaning about it. She purposely antagonised David by not answering the questions asked, or by being stupidly stubborn and unreasonable when answering. And you know what, i think she not only took pleasure in it, but did the whole thing on purpose.

I'm sorry but this woman talks utter utter nonsense from whichever way you look at it.

AHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAA THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER READ!!

Also it reads like how a mother would when reading to her 3 year old child.

"various asundry articles" - does she mean "sundry" or "asunder"? Asundry is not a word. If you look at this article, there is no rhyme or reason to punctuation, capitalization or consistency. If she can't bother to proof read it (or get someone else to), this tells me she doesn't check other "facts" either.
I think a 3 yr. old wrote it.:D

UFOnaugt, Richard Hoagland is on the phone for you - and he is drunk - do you want me to take a message. Im sorry, it was Paola, oh well, sometimes you cant tell the difference between one bullshitter and another. Look buddy, I can appreciate common laughter and comedy banter on any show. The reason I listen to the paracast is probably the same reason most people listen, we are tired of the same old la la la fantasy bs, need to sell a book scam artists. I dont mind buying books in the field but it is not Genes or Davids main goal here. They call it like they see and they will call a spade a spade, and for someone like me, who is a small business owner, I dont have time for anything less - Yes, I love and appreciate their directness.

Back