• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Our Reality

I couldn't agree more: Our current reality sucks. Most of the sheeple are asleep. This country is spiraling deeper and deeper into a black hole of debt, greed and self-deception. There are now more takers in this country than makers.

Look at our competitors. How many wars are Russia and China currently waging? How many foreign military bases do they occupy? There's a lesson here. They have relative peace and prosperity. We do not.

There is a failure of leadership. Selfish children have their hands on the levers of power in Washington. We are not being served well by those we elected.

There's someone, however, who could turn things around. You won't find his face on the cover of any book he wrote. He's too modest for that. Jesse Ventura endorses the guy, as do I. He is soft spoken and his hallmark is telling the truth, no matter how painful it is. He won't just talk about closing the foreign bases and ending the wars. He will do it.

The selfish children have failed. It's high time we put a grown-up in the White House. Please watch the video and be sure to vote in next year's Presidential Primary. It's make-or-break time for this country.

This is the best video I have seen in years its a must watch guys/gals

The thing is ... what can we do about it? It's easy to complain. But what's the solution? Where is the video that doesn't tell us what we already know, but instead, tells us what we need to do to fix it. I've been reflecting on this for quite some time, watching similar videos and reading and so on, and it seems that there are two basic approaches.

The first is to join some party and/or lobby group and play the same game as the rest of them do to in order to garner favor with the politicians and lawmakers who we hope will do what we want them to do. However that game means going up against huge power structures that are firmly in place and are impossible to win against. The other is some kind of revolt, but the power structures are so well armed that a major revolt would result in throwing the baby out with the bath water.

So it seems rather hopeless. But there is actually a third approach, one that takes time, but with persistence can get the job done, and I'll introduce it by asking you this question: If the measure of freedom were all the sand in an hourglass, how many grains would have to fall before we were no longer free? At first the answer seems really simple; when our time is up of course. When the glass is first turned over most people would think we are all OK and most people wouldn't pay any attention to it, except maybe as a curiosity ( like the debt clock or something ), Maybe when more than half the freedom had drained out, a few more people would notice and say we are less free than we are free, and that seems fairly rational. But here's the real answer ...

The real answer is when the first grain falls. Whether it be you or your brother or sister, your parents or your neighbor, or someone else you've never met. When they lose thier freedom, a little piece of ours goes down the drain with it. That's how we got into this situation and it's the same way we can get out. Each and every one of us are one of those grains. So stick up for your personal freedoms no matter how small. Sure it sounds easy, but it's not. It means you'll have to stick up for yourself against bosses, unfair laws, unfair regulations, user agreements ... whatever.

Seemingly incosequential issues can have ripples that spread far beyond their origin. A lot of people don't get this. I just went through it with the issue of retaining the freedom to delete our own posts here on this very forum. Ultimately a moderator just closed the thread, preventing further dialogue as if their last word on the topic of freedom were all that matterd ... it's the ultimate irony. But it was not futile if even one more person got the connection.

Anyway ... enough on the freedom rant for now ... vote for your favorite space babe here on my Space Babe thread:

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/8883-Space-Babes?p=119013#post119013

j.r.

I couldn't agree more: Our current reality sucks. Most of the sheeple are asleep. This country is spiraling deeper and deeper into a black hole of debt, greed and self-deception. There are now more takers in this country than makers.

Look at our competitors. How many wars are Russia and China currently waging? How many foreign military bases do they occupy? There's a lesson here. They have relative peace and prosperity. We do not.

There is a failure of leadership. Selfish children have their hands on the levers of power in Washington. We are not being served well by those we elected.

There's someone, however, who could turn things around. You won't find his face on the cover of any book he wrote. He's too modest for that. Jesse Ventura endorses the guy, as do I. He is soft spoken and his hallmark is telling the truth, no matter how painful it is. He won't just talk about closing the foreign bases and ending the wars. He will do it.

The selfish children have failed. It's high time we put a grown-up in the White House. Please watch the video and be sure to vote in next year's Presidential Primary. It's make-or-break time for this country.

I agree we aren't being served very well by who we elected, but I have no interest in returning to the articles of confederation under the "leadership" of Ron Paul. Also, you may want to read up on Putin, Chechnya, and Georgia if you really think Russia is peaceful. As for China, if you think its so great then go live there but make sure you end up in one of the cities because the country side is akin to the middle ages of Europe. Oh, and if you want to speak out against the government in China, get ready to spend some time in a dark and moldy jail cell, ask the guy who just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Finally, Ron Paul has no chance, Mitt Romney's money will drown out the extremely weak competition he faces in the Republican party.

The SOLUTION is dusting off the 2nd amendment and using it.

I'm all for the second ammendment ( the right to bear arms ) because it is a freedom that is ( was ) or supposed to be enjoyed by individuals, and every freedom, no matter how insignificant it may seem is worth preserving. However as stated in my post above, the only purpose weaponry can serve in the problem that has developed is to pit our own citizens against one another, and in the end the big power structures will remain. Revolt and revolution are for those who want a quick fix, which resonates with the instant gratification society that perpetuates our addiction to the machine. It's easy to pull a trigger. It's much harder to stick up for yourself to your boss and risk losing your job, or take the time to read user agreements and cross out the unfair clauses and/or refuse to use what they are pushing, or to boycott products that are unfairly priced or bad for people, and to invest ethically and advocate for the preservation of each and every little freedom we have. Sure, having the right to own weaponry is fine, but using them in a violent revolution isn't the way to win back what has become lost. Fundamental change on an individual level will.

"You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead"

j.r.

Vote for and add your favorite Space Babe here in this thread:

I'm all for the second ammendment ( the right to bear arms ) because it is a freedom that is ( was ) or supposed to be enjoyed by individuals, and every freedom, no matter how insignificant it may seem is worth preserving. However as stated in my post above, the only purpose weaponry can serve in the problem that has developed is to pit our own citizens against one another, and in the end the big power structures will remain. Revolt and revolution are for those who want a quick fix, which resonates with the instant gratification society that perpetuates our addiction to the machine. It's easy to pull a trigger. It's much harder to stick up for yourself to your boss and risk losing your job, or take the time to read user agreements and cross out the unfair clauses and/or refuse to use what they are pushing, or to boycott products that are unfairly priced or bad for people, and to invest ethically and advocate for the preservation of each and every little freedom we have. Sure, having the right to own weaponry is fine, but using them in a violent revolution isn't the way to win back what has become lost. Fundamental change on an individual level will.

"You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead"

j.r.

Vote for and add your favorite Space Babe here in this thread:

pitting citizens against political tyrants is more what i was thinking. they seem to have forgotten WHO is their BOSS.

pitting citizens against political tyrants is more what i was thinking. they seem to have forgotten WHO is their BOSS.

Yes I agree with your sentiment. But the problem with a violent uprising between the citizens and the government is that the government controls the armed forces and the National Guard, who are also citizens, and the government will pit them against the uprising, so you will have citizens fighting citizens, and in the end a lot of people will get hurt unnecessarily ... and the same system that was in place to begin with will still be in place, only more hardened.

The other ways combined will get the job done peacefully. But it isn't without its challenges. Because the same machine that feeds the system also feeds us, if we disable it, we'll suffer also. However if we are careful, the suffering can be reduced to mere inconvenience, and the disabling can be turned into an upgrade. All that is required is the will of individual people to perform the actions needed. In the absence of that action, the sand will keep falling through the hourglass.

j.r.

Back