• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Our Gods Wear Spandex

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
Good interview last month on Miguel Conner's Aeon Byte Radio with Chris Knowles, author of the book:

Our Gods Wear Spandex: The Secret History of Comic Book Heroes: Chris Knowles, Joseph Michael Linsner: 9781578634064: Amazon.com: Books

"...The book traces the rise of the comic superheroes and how they relate to several cultural trends in the late 19th century, specifically the occult explosion in Western Europe and America.

Knowles reveals the four basic superhero archetypes--the Messiah, the Golem, the Amazon, and the Brotherhood--and shows how the occult Bohemian underground of the early 20th century provided the inspiration for the modern comic book hero."

WARNING: Miguel always puts about 20 minutes of "ridiculous drivel" at the beginning of his podcasts. Fast-forward to 22:00 where the interview begins...

iTunes: iTunes - Podcasts - Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio Show by AeonByte

YouTubes:

Can you guide me to it, i couldn't find it on either the itunes page or the rss feed but I did find it available for 3.99 on a seperate page and a you tube site. Are his podcasts fee based?

That's weird. I couldn't find this episode either in the RSS feed or on iTunes. Yet, it showed up in my podcatcher this week.

Miguel may charge for older episodes like this one. I'm not sure.

I don't pay. Everything comes to me for free on this RSS feed:

AEON BYTE

An alternative is to download the YouTube video and convert it to MP3 with WinFF, or use a converstion site like YouTube to MP3 Converter - Fast, Free - ListenToYouTube.com

Sorry I can't provide the MP3 to you quickly.

I'm guessing the host figured he may have a "hot" episode here as there are a couple hundred episodes on the feed with the notable exception of this one, which is avaliable for purchase for $3.99 on his site. I have long heard of the book and recently acquired a copy.

Back