• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Other podcasts.

Free episodes:

I had a listen to a couple of Jim Harold's 'The Paranormal Podcast. He's a pretty light-weight interviewer.

He was interviewing someone claiming some underground caves have voices inciting people further in. On one occasion he had some sort of video crew with him who heard the vices. Did Jim ask if they recorded the sounds? 'Corse not. Did this info get presented? 'Course not.

He also had David Icke on. I got the impression he couldn't follow Icke at all (not surprising perhaps) and just asked mostly straight questions. When Icke answered a different question, it wasn't re-asked.

Might give Jim Harold just one more try...

Harold approaches this stuff, more or less, from an angle similar to myself. I think as time goes on he becomes less an "investigator" and more an "enthusiast." He just thinks the stuff is neat, regardless of what's real or actual, and digs on the lore aspect of things. That's the primary reason for his Campfire podcast, which he updates just as frequently.

He's more about fun and engagement than journalism.

That's the primary reason for his Campfire podcast, which he updates just as frequently.
I think of it as the audio equivalent of that TV show where Jonathan Frakes presented allegedly factual stories along with totally fictional ones. Except of course that no one says which was what in the end. It's impossible to tell from the voice alone, but every now and then, a story seems genuine, at least in the sense that something really happened and the person telling it can't see a way to explain it "conventionally".

Back