• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

one of two life after death experience i had

Free episodes:

bogie13p

Skilled Investigator
Okay, first of all, I am not really religious at all. Infact I am quite the little heathen. I have had so many odd experiences through out my life though that have led me to the obvious conclusion that something funky going on. Eventhough I know I will never understand it, I can't help but think about all of this stuff a lot. I want to know what is going on so bad and it is just effin annoying. Some sort of cosmic tease I suppose.

As I have mentioned before, the house I grew up in was very haunted. It was also in the same house that I got my first glimpse of a life after death confirmation. Eventhough it was small and not really intended for me, it was significant. Up until that point, anything in the house was really just random stuff not connected to my family in any other way than it just happened to be us living there.

My great grandmother had passed away one December. She wasn't sick or anything really, she was just freakin old. She was in her late 90s. She was my grandmothers mom. There was a lot of guilt associated with the whole thing too. My great-grandmother lived in a small house behind our house. Her mind was all there, but she started becomming more unstable as far as walking goes. She had a walker, but she was always falling down and hurting herself. It became harder and harder for my grandma to take care of her. My grandma had this huge fear of walking down to the house and finding her mom dead from falling, so she finally put her in a nursing home. It wasn't a bad one or anything. She had a nice roomate and my grandma went to visit my great grandma there every day. Once in the nursing home, she only lasted a month and a day. Her and her roomate always kept the curtains drawn and a small lamp on so it was always pretty dark in their room. Her roomate said that the day my great-grandma died, she complained all day about the bright light and kept acting a bit wonky and kept telling her roommate to "turn that big light off". I always thought the light thing was kind of interesting in itself. Anyway, my great-grandma passed away that day and it broke my granmda's heart. Eventhough she was sad, she always kept busy.

One evening in the spring after my great-grandma passed away, my grandparents and I came home after a soccer game. As soon as we unlocked the backdoor, I scrunched my nose and said, "weird! It smells like MaMaws house in here." It did, it smelled exactly like her house...which btw is very similar to the smell of hobby lobby (fake flowers and yarn). She had been a knitting and sewing fool and always had crafty stuff all over the place. Everything had a cozy... nothing was safe, tissue boxes, air freshners, her feet, head and hands. My grandparents and I were not crafty at all. We didn't even have any crafting stuff in our house. NONE! We all got inside the kitchen and closed the door and then from out of no where, this big pink oblong ball of yard just fell on to a counter and rolled onto the floor. And I swear, we didn't own any stinkin yarn. I picked it up and smelled it. It smelled like an even more concentrated version of my great-grandmas house. I shoved it to everyones nose and made them get a whiff. My granmda took the yarn and pressed it up against her face and softly said, "its mama" and started crying. My grandpa held her and just said, "I know".

I was really just an observer to the whole situation. I was only about 12 or so. Now looking back though, I guess it was just a sweet little confirmation that my grandma was still around. It was really just kind of nice. I think it made my grandma feel more comforted about everything. My grandma is one of the strongest people I have ever known and she never lets anyone know if anything is bothering her. Up until then, I think that was only the second time I had ever even seen her cry.

Oh that's lovely!, I really enjoy posts like that, I am a strong believer that our loved ones stick close by after death, and accounts of people experiencing subtle signs like you witnessed really touch my heart.
To know that it takes just simple things from the people we have lost to let us know they're still around is comforting, and it seems a very gentle and understanding way to let the people left behind know.

Just shows that those bonds will never be broken:)

Back