• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
RobertPowell-01a.pngRobert Powell has a BS in Chemistry and is a former collegiate debater. He has 28 years experience in engineering management in the semiconductor industry. While working at Advanced Micro Devices he has taken numerous internal courses related to device physics, design of experiments, and statistical analysis. He helped Advanced Micro Devices develop its first flash memory technology that is used in today’s flash cards for cameras, PCs, video cameras, and other products.

His experience includes managing a state-of-the-art chemistry laboratory and managing a Research and Development group that worked on nanotechnology using atomic force microscopes, near-field optical microscopy, and other techniques. Robert is also a co-holder of four patents related to nanotechnology.

Robert Powell has been the Director of Research at MUFON from 2007-2017 and created MUFON's Science Review Board in 2012. He is one of two authors of the detailed radar/witness report on the “Stephenville Lights” as well as the SCU report "UAP: 2013 Aguadilla, Puerto Rico".

Robert is also a member of the Society for Scientific Exploration, the UFODATA project, and the National Space Society. Robert is active with FOIA requests to various government organizations to obtain information on historical cases and is a co-author of a book published in July 2012: UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry. Robert currently resides in Austin, Texas.

Books

UFOsAndGov-01b.pngTruthAboutUFOs-01a.png

Recording Date: December 03, 2020, 3:00 PM MT
Post your questions and comments for discussion below
?

Last edited:
Robert's book, The Truth About UFOs, has a chapter, "Where do UFOs come from". Would you care to discuss your thoughts on where they come from?

I wondered if Robert keeps up on recent attempts to construct sophisticated UFO detection and observation platforms, and if so, does he know the status of any such projects? The one example of recent memory that I remember is Christopher O'Brien's San Luis Valley project, but I think there have been other projects as well, including by someone associated with SCU. I also seem to remember that some small group planned to launch several micro satellites to try to get data during the limited time in orbit.

Also, I wondered if you have any knowledge of any data that the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) may have collected over the years?

Thanks.

By the way, listeners, Robert will be staying for this weekend's episode of After The Paracast; the podcast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

So if you haven't signed up for The Paracast+, this will be a terrific time. Even better, we still have some of those coupon codes for a free copy of James Fox's UFO documentary, "The Phenomenon," for new 5-year or lifetime subscriptions. It includes three hours of extras.

If you haven't checked out The Paracast+, please visit:

Robert's book, The Truth About UFOs, has a chapter, "Where do UFOs come from". Would you care to discuss your thoughts on where they come from?

I wondered if Robert keeps up on recent attempts to construct sophisticated UFO detection and observation platforms, and if so, does he know the status of any such projects? The one example of recent memory that I remember is Christopher O'Brien's San Luis Valley project, but I think there have been other projects as well, including by someone associated with SCU. I also seem to remember that some small group planned to launch several micro satellites to try to get data during the limited time in orbit.

Also, I wondered if you have any knowledge of any data that the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) may have collected over the years?

Thanks.
Questions asked ?

Back