• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Mindy Tautfest

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Mindy Tautfest.pngMindy Tautfest is the Dean of MUFON University, Director of Oklahoma MUFON, and a member of the Experiencer Resource Team (ERT). She joined MUFON in 2019 and joined the ERT in 2022 as a way to further help experiencers process their sometimes-difficult encounters. She's revamped MUFON's Case Management System used to conduct UFO investigations and updated the training curriculum found at MUFON's online learning platform. An Oklahoma native, she got her start investigating hauntings in the Sooner State in search of answers to her own mystifying experiences. Tautfest has worked as an ICU Nurse across the nation and volunteered her time to disaster relief efforts including the Colorado Black Forest Fires, Hurricane Katrina, and the Moore Tornado.

In 2016, Tautfest suffered a brain aneurysm resulting in a Near Death Experience where she found herself in a place known as the Void. Her personal encounter, combined with years of investigations into UFO encounters, places her in a unique position to understand the underlying connections and aftereffects of these enigmatic events. Her book, "Dying To Meet Them," chronicling her incredible journey from NDE to UAP was released in July.

Tautfest has appeared as a guest on numerous podcasts speaking about UFO sightings, breaking news in UFOlogy, Near Death Experiences, and High Strangeness in Oklahoma. She has had articles published in the MUFON Journal as well as Outer Limits Magazine. Her investigation of the 1975 Miracle Mountains schoolyard encounter was designated as MUFON's Top Case of Interest in 2021.This major U.S. schoolyard encounter mimics so many others from around the world including those taking place at the 1966 Australian Westall High School and the 1994 Zimbabwe Ariel School sightings. Tautfest presented the findings of her investigation into these encounters at the 2022 International MUFON Symposium in Denver, CO and on Season 19 of "Ancient Aliens."

Cohost this week: Tim Swartz.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Wednesday, August 23 at at 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Central)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
August 27

On this show, guest Mindy Tautfest describes her near-death experience.

My impression of her dialogue is that the fact that she didn't visit Heaven caused her Christian faith to weaken in some respect.

I'd offer my own opinion that I haven't seen any guarantees in Christian teaching that a temporary death ensures a visit to Heaven. From NDE reports, it does seem that many experiencers do either visit Heaven or come very close, but none of the beings I've heard about in that realm have said NDE-ers must visit Heaven.

I would simply treat the dark void experiences as something God has established, and I'm not likely to know why, at least any time soon.

What a shame to let the dark void experiences wreck your faith -- it would be great if this post could reach Mindy somehow.

-- Squirrel

Oops ... forgot to mention ... doubts about whether NDEs are "real" as compared to hallucinations are pretty well erased by the smaller number of SHARED NDEs, Dr. Raymond Moody being one researcher.

I've heard about two forms of shared NDEs:

1. Hospital staff who see the same spirit beings who visit the dying patient's room.

2. Family members who are with the dying patient and actually "go up the tunnel" with the patient when he/she temporarily dies. In these instances, both the patient and visitor report the same experience.

For what it may be worth.

-- Squirrel

After her experience, Mindy started questioning her faith in the dogma of evangelical Christianity that has become dominant in the United States. That, and accounts of NDE's that she had read about before her own experience left her at first wondering where Jesus, or her relatives were to help her to Heaven or Hell. She did find out later that each person can have a unique NDE experience despite their earlier beliefs. Like others who have gone through NDE, she came out of it changed, and realizing that our human constructs and beliefs based on religion of the afterlife are wholly lacking. She is now convinced that we are more than our physical bodies, that death is not the end of us, and our true nature and the nature of the universe goes far beyond mere man-made religions.

Back