• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Kevin D. Randle

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Kevin Randle.pngKevin D. Randle The veteran UFO researcher/author returns to talk with Gene and cohost Tim Swartz about his latest book, “Understanding Roswell,” and whether there’s anything more to learn about that 1947 incident, the status of the evidence that’s come forth through the years, and whether there’s anything left to discover. He’ll also bring us up to date and the current status of the UFO field.

Randle began his study of UFOs while still a high school student. In 1972 he published his first article about UFOs in Saga's Annual UFO Report. Throughout the 1970s, he published a number of articles concerning a variety of UFO sightings including tales of alien abduction, photographic cases, and those involving some sort of physical evidence. He is regarded as one of the foremost experts on the alleged flying saucer crash at Roswell, NM in 1947. But Randle's writing is not limited to the UFO field. He is the author of more than 100 books that cover not just UFOs, but action-adventure, mysteries, and science fiction.He is a professional best-selling author with over 100 books to his name. He has a Ph.D. in psychology and was in the United States Air Force and the National Guard where he held the rank of Lieutenant Colonel before retiring in 2009.

His cutting-edge commentaries on UFOs, the paranormal and related events appear in his blog, A Different Perspective.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Monday, October 17 at Noon Pacific (2:00 PM Central)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
October 23

On After The Paracast, Kevin also talks about the recent extensively updated version of his 1998 book, "Project Moon Dust: Beyond Roswell--exposing The Government's Covert Investigations And Cover-ups."

Fascinating stuff.

During the discussion with Kevin the question was asked, why did the people who handled the material from the debris field in 1947 immediately tie it to being something alien (or maybe more precisely, tie it to being a flying saucer)? Someone said that it would be understandable if this happened in 1982 when aliens were prevalent in pop culture, but why in 1947? I think there was some discussion of there being Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon stories prior to 1947, providing some space stories out there in the culture.

Well, wasn’t it that Roswell occurred just a couple of weeks after Kenneth Arnold’s June 24, 1947 sighting, which caused Flying Saucers to become a hot item in the news, and a topic people were widely talking about? From the beginning I think “from outer space” was in the mix for what people thought Flying Saucers might be. Today we think of the UFO phenomenon as a decades long mystery which has provided few solid answers. But I would imagine that in those first weeks of the phenomenon’s media notoriety people were expecting that any day there would be an answer as to what those things are. And it was probably an embarrassment for the Air Force to have people talking about these things in our skies that they could not explain. I can’t say I’ve followed the Roswell incident in detail. Maybe Mac Brazel had never heard of Flying Saucers. But when the debris field was found, it doesn’t surprise me that the other people involved quickly thought “Flying Saucer…we got one!” (with or without bodies).

This 1956 documentary presents its view of the Arnold sighting, and the Flying Saucer mania that followed it, starting at the 3:00 minute mark. (As I think has been discussed, for the first 30+ years of UFO coverage the Arnold sighting was cited as the start of the modern UFO era with virtually no mention of Roswell.)

Back