• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Greg Eghigian

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
1Egh.jpgGreg Eghigian is Professor of History at Penn State University. In his research and teaching, he specializes in the history of science and medicine. He has written extensively about topics in the history of disability, mental illness, and crime. In recent years, however, his interests have turned to the history of the paranormal. He regularly teaches a course entitled “The History of Monsters, Aliens, and the Supernatural.” And he is presently finishing a book on the social history of the UFO and alien contact phenomena.

Greg's chief interest is in the human side of the paranormal – in other words, how individuals and societies in history have tried to make sense of these matters over time. Says Greg, "I suppose I would like to be sure we have a chance to talk about developments in the study of UFOs and in stories about alien contact over the decades since 1947. I think it important to chat about the development of 'saucer clubs' and UFO organizations over the course of the 50s, 60s, and 70s. And we can also talk about the role of media in the UFO phenomenon. Since I examine the social phenomenon of UFOs as an international thing as well, we can also talk about how this has historically played it in different parts of the world."

Our guest cohost will be Curt Collins.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast)
Thursday February 3 at 2 PM Mountain (4 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

For After The Paracast: Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

Back