• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — George Wingfield

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
GW mugshot A.jpgGeorge Wingfield was born in 1942 and is British. He lives near Glastonbury in Somerset in the UK, and also in Iowa, USA, where his American wife Jan is from. He has a BA Hons Degree in Natural Sciences from Trinity College Dublin and once worked as an astronomer at the Royal Greenwich Observatory in Herstmonceux, UK, and then for many years with IBM UK Ltd in a variety of different roles. He has written about and lectured on a number of subjects that include British history, prehistoric sites, astronomy, UFOs and crop circles. He has traveled extensively and spoken on radio and TV in Britain and the US.

His mainstream books include "Prehistoric Sacred Sites of Wessex" (Wessex Books, 2007), "Glastonbury" (Wooden Books, 2007), and "Belgium" in the Modern World Nations series (Chelsea House Publishers, 2008). He has also written about UFOs and is co-author with Paul Whitehead of "UFO — Strange Space on Earth" (Wooden Books, 2011). Wingfield has attended and sometimes lectured at various UFO conferences over the last 32 years in both the UK and the US.

His most recent book, the one we'll discuss on this episode of The Paracast, is entitled "The Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery and Project Honey Badger" which was published by Squeeze Press (2022). The book examines the Rendlesham Forest Incident of Dec 1980 in considerable detail, and he reveals what appears to be extraordinary new evidence that proves exactly what this particular "UFO" really was. At last the book offers a rational explanation for the Rendlesham Forest Incident. Several previous claims by other authors that this UFO was a visiting alien spacecraft —or else one piloted by time-traveling humans from Earth’s future— can now be firmly dismissed.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Thursday, February 23 at 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
February 26, 2023

Listen to the show and, if possible, read my book. I don’t care about making money from it but I do want the truth of what happened in Rendlesham Forest in December 1980 to be known rather than the myth that has grown out of this mysterious episode. Much of the story of the Rendlesham Forest Incident has been truthfully reported but with a few embellishments as can be imagined. The result has become Britain’s #1 modern myth that vies with that of the Loch Ness monster!

The most important thing, George, is to evaluate and, if need be, reevaluate the so-called classic cases to make sure that no critical evidence is missed. You raise some serious possibilities and concerns that should be discussed more often.

Listen to the show and, if possible, read my book. I don’t care about making money from it but I do want the truth of what happened in Rendlesham Forest in December 1980 to be known rather than the myth that has grown out of this mysterious episode. Much of the story of the Rendlesham Forest Incident has been truthfully reported but with a few embellishments as can be imagined. The result has become Britain’s #1 modern myth that vies with that of the Loch Ness monster!
I really enjoyed the show George and your theories to me certainly made a lot of sense.
I will certainly look at reading the book. I assume it is available in the UK.?

I really enjoyed the show George and your theories to me certainly made a lot of sense.
I will certainly look at reading the book. I assume it is available in the UK.?
Hi, Richard. If you are in the UK you can get my book from Wooden Books (website = WoodenBooks.com ) or from Amazon UK. In the US it’s available from Amazon US, Barnes & Noble, etc. Besides the Rendlesham Forest Incident there’s a lot more in it about UFOs that were seen in the 1980s and 1990s and in particular the so-called ‘Triangular UFOs’ of that era. My aim is to find out the truth about many of the better known UFO cases especially after so much fiction dressed as fact has been written on the subject.

I will certainly look at reading the book. I assume it is available in the UK.

Thanks George I'm actually in Northern Ireland so I will check Amazon first as I am a prime member.
I agree with everything you say and tall stories being told about reports of sightings do not help in getting to the bottom of the phenomenon.

Thanks George I'm actually in Northern Ireland so I will check Amazon first as I am a prime member.
I agree with everything you say and tall stories being told about reports of sightings do not help in getting to the bottom of the phenomenon.
OK, so you’re in Northern Ireland. I visited the Co. Antrim coast quite recently (Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, etc.) but didn’t hear any talk of UFOs. Not even on my tour of the Bushmills Distillery!

Back