• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Fearless Cohost Roundtable with Curt Collins and Tim Swartz

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This week, as we prepare our final two episodes of 2021, we're setting up a special cohost roundtable, featuring Curt Collins and Tim Swartz.

Your questions and comments are welcomed.

Bios:

Curtis L. Collins
is the author behind Blue Blurry Lines, the website focused on the UFO mystery, as well as its legends and hoaxes. After a career in retail management Curt began writing about UFOs, with a special interest in re-investigating the paradoxical 1980 Texas Cash-Landrum case.

In 2015 Curt was on the investigative team, the Roswell Slides Research Group, that exposed the BeWitness alien photo fiasco. More recently, he launched The Saucers That Time Forgot with Claude Falkstrom, focused on unearthing “tales that UFO history has overlooked, or would rather forget.” Curt lives in the southern United States, near Jackson, Mississippi.

Tim R. Swartz is an Indiana native and Emmy-Award winning television producer/videographer. He is also the author of a number of popular books including "The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla," "America's Strange and Supernatural History," and "Time Travel: Fact Not Fiction!"

Tim is also the writer and editor of the online newsletter Conspiracy Journal; a free, weekly e-mail newsletter, considered essential reading by paranormal researchers worldwide.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast)
Wed. December 15 at 2 PM Pacific (4 PM Central)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

For After The Paracast: Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

UFOs/UAPs, Skinwalker, disclosure, the "hitchhiker effect," the JFK assassination, plus lots of pop culture themes in After The Paracast.

All in all a great discussion you won't want to miss.

So here's one for pop culture. When did Captain Marvel become a female? When I was growing up in the 60s he was a male with a green and white uniform.

Show is done, but it's two separate characters.

The original Captain Marvel, where young Billy Batson says "Shazam," the name of the great wizard, to become a super hero, became Shazam. This was all originally brought on by a copyright lawsuit involving DC and Fawcett in the 1950s.

So, therefore, we have the 2019 movie, "Shazam," from Warner Bros., since the character is now a part of the DC Universe.

The "other" Captain Marvel character is owned by Marvel Comics.

Pop culture item: One of the main writers of the Captain Marvel comic book was Otto Binder, also a sci-fi and science writer. Binder co-created Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes in 1959.

He was also a friend of Ray Palmer (of Fate, Flying Saucers and Shaver Mystery fame) and also wrote about UFOs over the years, and was an ancient astronaut advocate.

I met Binder a couple of times in the late 1960s.

The concept of underground races and advanced ancients didn't originate with him, but his fiction writing was inspired and heavily-edited by Palmer.

My first wife, Geneva, and I had lots of contacts with Shaver during the mid-1960s up to his death in 1975. Hundreds of letters, though I wish I knew where they were.

We also looked closely at his rock books and found them to be more impressive than we expected.

I wish she'd chime in here with her own memories about it.

Also you may want to check out this episode:

The concept of underground races and advanced ancients didn't originate with him, but his fiction writing was inspired and heavily-edited by Palmer.

My first wife, Geneva, and I had lots of contacts with Shaver during the mid-1960s up to his death in 1975. Hundreds of letters, though I wish I knew where they were.

We also looked closely at his rock books and found them to be more impressive than we expected.

I wish she'd chime in here with her own memories about it.

Also you may want to check out this episode:

Oh I'll definitely be checking out this episode plus after the Paracast but I find it strange that I am able to accept an underground civilization before Aliens from another planet but hey that's why I listen to the Paracast.

Well the Shaver meme has it that the occupants of the caves were left when their people left Earth to escape a calamity. So I suppose one could theorize that, if true, our visitors were once Earthlings, who have returned to their original home in their flying saucers to check out the situation.

Here are some links relating to some of the topics discussed during the roundtable:

Three relating to UFO physical injury cases:

Stanford Professor Garry Nolan Is Analyzing Anomalous Materials From UFO Crashes
Stanford Professor Garry Nolan Is Analyzing Anomalous Materials From UFO Crashes

Stefan Michalak - Falcon Lake, 1967
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/falcon-lake-incident-book-anniversary-1.4121639

Val Johnson - near Stephen, Minnesota, 1979
Ufology Research: The Val Johnson CE2 case of 1979

The link to the newly released JFK assassination documents:
JFK Assassination Records - 2021 Additional Documents Release
JFK Assassination Records - 2021 Additional Documents Release

From our After the Paracast discussion:
Curt's article: A 1947 Pioneer of the UFO Extraterrestrial Hypothesis:
A 1947 Pioneer of the UFO Extraterrestrial Hypothesis

Gene's 1973 of paranormal pioneer Richard Shaver in Caveat Emptor:
https://files.afu.se/Downloads/Magazines/United%20States/Caveat%20Emptor/Caveat%20Emptor%20-%20vol%203%20no%202.pdf

Carl Sagan's UFO discussion form Cosmos:

Back