• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Captain Ron Janix

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
ronjanix.pngCaptain Ron Janix has been immersed in the UFO/paranormal community for many years. Through reading and listening to experts, working with various conferences, and doing hundreds of interviews, Ron has built up an extensive knowledge of the subject. He began podcasting with the Elevate The Conversation show back in 2014, and then moved on to the Truth Be Told show along with Tony Sweet.

In April 2021, Ron founded The Observation Deck, an online source for information on speakers and events in and around the UFO community. Additionally, he also launched a podcast entitled The Observation Desk, that focused on where his passion lies new theories and discoveries in the areas of Science, Technology, History, and the Paranormal.

Ron is the Co-Owner, Producer, and Host of "Contact in the Desert," the world s largest UFO-themed Conference. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the newly launched Hollywood Disclosure Alliance, headquartered in Los Angeles.

About Contact in the Desert: Launched in 2014, "Contact in the Desert "is the world s largest UFO/UAP conference. The event will celebrate its 10th anniversary May 30 June 3, 2024, at the Renaissance Resort and Spa, in Indian Wells, CA. Co-Owners Ron Janix and Gordon Pekrul acquired CITD in 2023. The annual event presents renowned experts, authors, researchers and experiencers who discuss everything from UFOs/UAPs, Artificial Intelligence, Ancient Civilizations, Historical Discoveries, the Future of Technology, and Space Travel, to Consciousness, Forbidden Archaeology, Non-Human Contact, Astronomy, Space Travel, Past Lives, Spirituality, Health and Wellness, and much more. Many thousands of people from around the world attend the CITD conference every year.

Our cohost will be Tim Swartz.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
New Time!
Thursday, March 7 at Noon Mountain (2:00 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
March 10, 2024

I enjoyed the episode, but I do have to take issue with the reliance on deathbed confessions in re Roswell. One ought to take the mental state of the declarant into account before relying on his or her testimony. For instance, Richard Dolan posted a sad interview with a gentleman obviously suffering from dementia who claimed he was a CIA agent who was involved in half the spurious cases that populate the gonzo reality/documentary genre today. It was absolutely unconscionable to subject a confused, delusional, and dying man to that kind of publicity for personal gain. He’d obviously seen these stories on basic cable and began to believe he had participated in them.

I say that with some experience myself. My grandfather and the father of a family friend worked as civilian employees of the War Department during World War II at Bellwood Defense General Supply Center south of Richmond. It was honorable work for the war effort for a couple of guys with health conditions that barred them from combat service. Well, in the mid-2000’s, after about a decade of watching the History Channel, our friend’s dad had convinced himself that he’d landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day and fought at the Battle of the Bulge. Our friend discovered that he was going to reunion events and everything. Now, I would say this was accidentally stolen valor at best, and a very early sign of what became Alzheimer’s. But the point is, memory is a very malleable thing, and a deathbed confession doesn’t have to be fraudulent to be wrong.

Good thoughts, Dave.

I'm especially impressed by your reality check about deathbed confessions. One maybe believe something, which doesn't make it so.

Well, just look at how Howard St. John Hunt and David Hunt brainwashed their mentally deteriorated father into repeating admittedly KGB-fabricated stories about his involvement in the JFK assassination in E. Howard Hunt’s declining years. And people point to those out of context clips as smoking guns, even though Vasily Mitrokhin exposed the stories years before as part of a KGB disinformation campaign. There’s a special place in Hell for those who take advantage of the senile and elderly, especially for something as meager as conspiracy theory book sales. And the man’s sons, of all people!

Back