• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oliver the "humanzee"

Mogwa

Skilled Investigator
The discussion of Oliver on the last broadcast piqued my curiosity. This link is to a six part UK documentary on the creature. Pay close attention to his eyes. Disturbing.

I read about Oliver for the first time in one of the Weird NJ mags. Read that Oliver got up from the kitchen table and refilled his trainer's coffee cup for him when Oliver noticed it was empty. That is one freaky chimp! Thanks for posting the links.

I just listened to the most recent Paracast show and heard David ask about Oliver. According to the documentary posted, Oliver was 42 at it's time of filming. He is a chimp, but still a unique one. Either a genetic mutant or a "sub species", or "living fossil". Oliver no longer walks upright due to arthritis and has lost much, or perhaps all his eyesight. So far as I know he hasn't died, but his story has always seemed under reported. I only learned about him a little before this documentary first airing, and it seems many others are in the same boat as me.

The recent Paracast show also dealt with the devil tree, and that reminded me of a case in my area (NC or SC I think) called the Devils Fork, or Devils Tramping ground if my memory serves me correctly. I'll try and find info. on it and post it (I'll make a new thread) if I do.

Back