• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oh Canada. Oh Shit.

Free episodes:

Yestopia

Skilled Investigator
I read this article this morning and my head nearly exploded.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Soldiers+could+uniforms+urban+jungle/2230598/story.html

Am I alone in being freaked out? What truly frightens me is the "in plain site" nature of our militarization under the Harper regime. Even more frightening, most Canadians would not flinch at this and in fact would likely support it--you know, there are TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE!

Since there are not it would seem that we are planning to use our military on our own streets. It is unbelievable that this "article" does not address any concerns.

You do not need complex conspiracy when people are so invested in the ideology of their masters. Fuck, double fuck.

"It makes zero sense for the Canadian military to produce an urban pattern based on their own cities unless they plan on fighting there"

That pretty much sums it up. Developing an urban warfare pattern is one thing, but to be developing one specifically for limited areas of your own country is something else.

I'm not one to jump on the New World Order Conspiracy bandwagon, but I don't blame you, I find this unsettling as well. If nothing esle, it gives the nut jobs something else to bolster their claims.

I really don't see the problem with this. I don't see why it's scaring the shit out of you, it's just camo.

They are creating this in case there is an attack in one of our major cities, which however unlikely, is still something they should be prepared for.

I don't know what to say to you if you honestly think that the Canadian military is going to be running around shooting civilians. Paranoia at its finest.

An urban camouflage uniform was designed in the U.S. in the 1990s based on slate grey patterns. It is used by some U.S. police tactical teams, U.S. special forces on urban missions and a number of foreign special forces and law enforcement units.

However, Duncan said uniforms designed for a U.S. urban environment might not work in a Canadian setting. "There's factors such as light, the amount and types of vegetation and weather patterns," he said. "These are all parameters you take into consideration when you develop these patterns."

Do these paragraphs calm you down at all? Think, if there was an attack or a hostage situation in Toronto, then this uniform would be used for that application, as opposed to the desert, arctic and woodland camo patterns we currently have.

As the great Douglas Adams has often stated. Don't panic.

I started to think of this from a purely political standpoint (my head still hurts). This may be nothing more than filtering money to a favored contractor. Canadian City Specific Urban cammo = government money for a political favor.
Yes, I'm cynical. :mad:

new world order conspiracy bandwagon? a new world order is indeed coming. they tell us all the time. pay attention Jay.

That IS alarming... especially after a mild harassment from RCMPs obviously looking for someone, but not just owning up to it the other day on the highway.

This goes along well with what's happened south of your border. Homeland deployment began in Oct. of 2008 here in the US with hardly an objection raised.
Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1 - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times
Bush did this but Obama is following suit.
Obama Administration, Pentagon Prepare for Homeland Deployment | NewsWax
Obama's Civilian Security Force is an even scarier idea. Obama's brown shirts, unbound by Posse Comitatis, what more could a president need.

The War On Terror and Man Made Global Warming are two of the best fear response triggers the controllers have come up with. Better than the Cold War by far.

That's the first thing I thought,

Tell me do you play Fallout 3? :D

Skype me baby,

Mark

I'm playing the GOTY edition now. Just doing all the misc. quests. Finished Nuka Cola challenge and Those! last night, tonight is Reilly's Rangers and Stealing independence.

This goes along well with what's happened south of your border. Homeland deployment began in Oct. of 2008 here in the US with hardly an objection raised.
Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1 - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times
Bush did this but Obama is following suit.
Obama Administration, Pentagon Prepare for Homeland Deployment | NewsWax
Obama's Civilian Security Force is an even scarier idea. Obama's brown shirts, unbound by Posse Comitatis, what more could a president need.

The War On Terror and Man Made Global Warming are two of the best fear response triggers the controllers have come up with. Better than the Cold War by far.

Sobering stuff. I particularly love the idea of putting freshly traumatized vets being assigned this homeland duty.

Look, this stuff has been gamed out many times already and I am working under the assumption that this is about a responce to something akin to the thesis (if you can call it that) of the current movie Collapse.

I am not a NWO guy; but I am a "Nato is an evil terrorist scourge that must die" kinda guy.

I had my eyebrows raised when they decided back in the early 2000s to make every State Trooper and Provincial Police vehicle a uniform black-and-white whereas before the colours had been region specific...

But I digress. Everyone just calm down. Need I remind you this IS the Canadian military we're talking about? They're fellow citizens not knee-jerk pre-programmed robots. We'll be fine, this is just Harper playing politics to keep his pro-military right-wing backers happy.

and as we all know, considering our troops had to borrow some bits and pieces of desert camo when they got to Afghanistan..... and it only took about 2 years or more of active duty there to get their own full sets of desert camo... c'mon. it'll be years before they get the jack shirts and toques. wait. that's the Prairies. Vancouver, hmmm... dockers, loafers, hand-knit sweaters. guess us grannies better get out the old knitting needles.

sarcasm and facetiousness aside, that makes sense if we are expecting something to come to our own cities - and who knows? maybe there will be something. more likely, someone sold our PM on an idea that made sense at the time, and managed to get pr that made it appear the government is being pro-active, and also gives somebody they want to reward a nice contract.

my sixteen cents, or tenth of a euro. take your pick.

Back