• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff — Part 2

No reason why not.

The masters Tardis can also have any external appearance it likes.

Exterior
During his rivalry with the Doctor, the Master changed his TARDIS into several different forms, including: an Adjudication flyer, an out-of-date space locker, a horsebox, a white cube, a spaceship, a black Rolls-Royce limousine with darkened windows, a bulkhead door aboard the HMS Redoubt, the Stone of Sacrifice in the cavern of the church at Devil's End, a computer bank, a filing cabinet, a control panel, a wardrobe, a grandfather clock, a tank,a red pillar box, the Melkur, a police box, a laurel bush, a Doric column, a marble fireplace, Speedbird Concorde 192, an iron maiden,a three-sided column, a wooden beach hut, a statue of Queen Victoria, a red telephone box, a transport crate , a palm tree, and a white pillar.

My question is would fans be happy to see the Doctors Tardis change from a blue Police box and start appearing as other things ?

Personally i think such a radical change would be a bad thing, like knocking down a lovely heritage building to build a concrete and glass tower.

I see a poll in the Mirror still has a large No vote for the change 63/37.

BBC sparks furious backlash after Jodie Whittaker female Doctor Who announcement

Personally i think the Doctors Tardis should stay a Blue Police box even though there is no reason why not it could change
And for the same reason i would prefer the Doctor remain a man. But i'm old and have been watching the show since the 60's.

What I'd really rather see the Beeb do is more shows along the adventure in space and time show. Cast excellent look alike's and do new stories about older regenerations.
If I remember right, the chameleon circuit is broken because his Tardis is so old. The Master has a newer model where it works.

I could envision a prequel (I don't think they ever say Hartnell was explicitly the first regeneration) where he has a Tardis with one that works.

If it were me, I'd probably program it to look like Magnum PIs red Ferrari.

As far as the Dr. Who medicine woman issue; two words-
stunt freaking casting.
Indiana-Jones-Costume-Girl.jpg

The Master already became a female human, it's been done.
I'm sure the incoming actor will do a fine job, but this stunt-y casting was a load of gelf dung.
I'm just not really into New Who.
I'm not against it, I just don't want it.

stunt freaking casting.

I'm sure the incoming actor will do a fine job, but this stunt-y casting was a load of gelf dung.
She can raid my lost ark anytime.

stunt freaking casting.

Yeah... I'm just not seein' a problem here.

If I remember right, the chameleon circuit is broken because his Tardis is so old. The Master has a newer model where it works.

I could envision a prequel (I don't think they ever say Hartnell was explicitly the first regeneration) where he has a Tardis with one that works.

If it were me, I'd probably program it to look like Magnum PIs red Ferrari.

No The story changes. It used to work for Hartnell, Then Baker claimed he "borrowed" the old girl while she was in for repairs, and that circuit was not fixed. Then Smith claimed it does work but she materializes like Police box anyway.

Much later, the Eleventh Doctor expounded on the flaw further to Amy Pond, telling her that the circuit scanned the surroundings upon materialisation, decided on the best disguise, but then always disguised itself as a 1963 police box anyway

Chameleon circuit

I know im too close to this to be objective, since most of my wardrobe is now custom made Baker style clothing. I get greeted as "Doctor" at my local pub and other places because of how i dress. So as a bloke im a little uncomfortable with the idea for that reason.

stunt freaking casting.

Ive just heard RuPaul has been cast to play the new wonder woman. Fair is fair i guess.......

No The story changes. It used to work for Hartnell, Then Baker claimed he "borrowed" the old girl while she was in for repairs, and that circuit was not fixed. Then Smith claimed it does work but she materializes like Police box anyway.

Much later, the Eleventh Doctor expounded on the flaw further to Amy Pond, telling her that the circuit scanned the surroundings upon materialisation, decided on the best disguise, but then always disguised itself as a 1963 police box anyway

Chameleon circuit

I know im too close to this to be objective, since most of my wardrobe is now custom made Baker style clothing. I get greeted as "Doctor" at my local pub and other places because of how i dress. So as a bloke im a little uncomfortable with the idea for that reason.
I forgot about that. But I forgot about a lot of things when Pond was a companion.

No i hadn't seen this one, its fantastic isn't it. It will be my last DW sadly since Ive decided to stop watching the show after this episode.

I love adventure in time and space, His portrayal of Hartnell was wonderful, and the scene where he looks across at Matt Smiths Doctor was just magic.

I'm sure this episode will have plenty of that too.
I would love for the BBC to recast some of the earlier doctors and revisit them in new adventures.

Back