• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 29, 2017 — Col. John B. Alexander

Col Alexander ,
Interview was very interesting as mentioned before and his work in non-lethal weapons technology can't be ignored in saving lives. Which a number have been transferred into use these days . Yes he's Special Forces Vietnam Veteran and does a lot of charity work. He done the legwork and been all around the World not like many who criticise his work sit in basements as arm chair critics.

Fresh out of 11-foot poles and not commenting on the personal back & forth. Reminds me of the bickering at my mother-in-law’s mahjong games. I know this thread is probably getting stale but I move at my own pace.

A couple of things from the book I’d like to comment on. Regarding mediums, I had a personal experience with George Anderson. Both Col. Alexander and Leslie Kean briefly mention him in their most recent books. I have an open mind and a personal interest, albeit somewhat skeptical. I’m not looking to pop anybody’s balloon – I just like to take a good look at whatever it is and try not to get caught up in the moment. In the past this has allowed to me to correctly identify some pretty weird things I’ve seen in the sky including one of the famous Hudson Valley UFOs from the big flap in the ‘80s.

That said, in order to get a reading from George we laid out $1200 and waited several months for the appointment. We used a pseudonym to register to avoid anyone using an online search for information. As I said, I have a personal interest and because I am fortunate to be married to the most wonderful woman in the world my wife indulges me. She does however, have an unresolved issue with her deceased father and went into this with that in mind. Me too regarding my deceased mother, for that matter. I believe in life after death because of personal experience with close relatives as they died. Very subjective but there you have it. We chose George due to proximity, reputation and the fact that I liked We Don’t Die when I read it years ago.

We met in an unimpressive hotel out in Long Island. His assistant was very pleasant and we didn’t wait long before we met George in a small conference room. He does explain his methods – exactly as JBA described with the scribbling – and is generally a nice guy. He had no problem with me recording the session and asks for simple yes or no responses. In business meetings I make a point of being acutely aware of my body language, posture, tone etc. In this case I made a deliberate point to be as neutral as possible and not project anything and literally just gave him what he asked for. My wife makes no effort to do this although she kept her responses to simple yes or no answers.

The session lasted about an hour. I realize his hit rate is not 100% and in this case it was zero. That actually didn’t bother me at all. What did was my clear impression that this merely cold reading – a fishing expedition. Jiggery-pokery, pure applesauce. I’ve listened to the recording several times and still feel that way, as does my wife. He seemed to concentrate on my wife and I think it's because I wasn't giving anything up with subtle reactions. I noted that a group left before us and another came in right after and in passing I could see that emotions seemed to be rather elevated for both. He seemed tired and all of this to be routine. Schtick is what my wife and I agreed on as we drove home. Based on the prices and the number of people I saw I’d like to see his annual income tax statements. No problem with the man making a living but feel a bit wiggly when grieving people are involved.

Now, he very well could have genuine talent and if anyone wants to see him I say go right ahead; this is my personal view. For all I know he has produced excellent material for others and if it provides some comfort then maybe he's performing a service. I am only commenting here because of the content of this thread and what I saw in two recent books I’ve read because of this podcast. Unfortunately for me including him in either book was a bit of a turd in the punchbowl.

In the vein of getting off your ass and having a look for yourself I can say I put my money where my mouth is and paid for the right to my opinion. No problem with anyone who disagrees with doing this sort of thing but to those who might want to snicker at this or disparage me, go right ahead but I’d say that would be disingenuous within this forum.

Finally, sorry to nitpick JBA … uhhhh… I believe a persistent citizen and a traffic ticket nailed David Berkowitz not anyone else.

Last edited:
One for John.
Do you think any proof of concept ideas that came from the psychic soldier program inspired the more recent Darpa ones

Pentagon Preps Soldier Telepathy Push

Or this document:

US Air Force, New World Vistas: Air and Space Power for the 21st Century – Ancillary Volume, Scientific Advisory Board (USAF), Washington, DC, Document #19960618040, 1996, pp. 89-90. EPI402.

Prior to the mid-21st century, there will be a virtual explosion of knowledge in the field of neuroscience. We will have achieved a clear understanding of how the human brain works, how it really controls the various functions of the body, and how it can be manipulated (both positively and negatively). One can envision the development of electromagnetic energy sources, the output of which can be,
  • pulsed, shaped, and focused
  • that can couple with the human body in a fashion that will allow one to prevent voluntary muscular movements
  • control emotions (and thus actions)
  • produce sleep
  • transmit suggestions
  • interfere with both short-term and long-term memory
  • produce an experience set
  • delete an experience set

One for John.
Do you think any proof of concept ideas that came from the psychic soldier program inspired the more recent Darpa ones

Pentagon Preps Soldier Telepathy Push

Or this document:

US Air Force, New World Vistas: Air and Space Power for the 21st Century – Ancillary Volume, Scientific Advisory Board (USAF), Washington, DC, Document #19960618040, 1996, pp. 89-90. EPI402.

Prior to the mid-21st century, there will be a virtual explosion of knowledge in the field of neuroscience. We will have achieved a clear understanding of how the human brain works, how it really controls the various functions of the body, and how it can be manipulated (both positively and negatively). One can envision the development of electromagnetic energy sources, the output of which can be,
  • pulsed, shaped, and focused
  • that can couple with the human body in a fashion that will allow one to prevent voluntary muscular movements
  • control emotions (and thus actions)
  • produce sleep
  • transmit suggestions
  • interfere with both short-term and long-term memory
  • produce an experience set
  • delete an experience set

Yeah, MKULTRA really turned the USAF on, back in the 50s. I didn't know how much until I did research on my book. Five of the above are exactly what they were pursuing forty years prior to that publication you cite, so no wonder they seemed so confident with the list.

Back