• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obligatrory Post to Maintain Membership

schmawy

Paranormal Novice
Hi everybody!

I have been notified that I have been a" member of The Paracast Community Forums for 610 day(s) now but haven't posted anything yet. Be noted that we are deleting zero-posters from time to time. To avoid this please start posting soon. Click on this message bar if you wish to make an introduction thread now..."

Needless to say I tried clicking to no avail so I hope I'm putting this in the right spot. I love the Paracast and enjoy lurking around the forums for additional information.

Best to all of you.

Basically preserving my right to do so at some point, Kandinsky. In case the Greys sneak into my room in the middle of the night, I can post about it in the morning.

Still getting a sense of the community, and just about anything I'd post is probably covered in this expansive forum already and I just haven't found it.

Love the show, love the approach to the topic. Not crazy about the the friction and politics, but you'll have that.

Basically preserving my right to do so at some point, Kandinsky. In case the Greys sneak into my room in the middle of the night, I can post about it in the morning.

Still getting a sense of the community, and just about anything I'd post is probably covered in this expansive forum already and I just haven't found it.

Love the show, love the approach to the topic. Not crazy about the the friction and politics, but you'll have that.

I got one of those when I first started. I didn't post for a long time. A mod who isn't here anymore asked if I wuz a spy! :pI didn't know what I'd be spying on in an open forum but anyway I posted. Then it got to be a habit. :)I find good resources and information from the other posters so I enjoy it. Just go at your own rate.

Obligatory Post to Maintain Membership

I got one of those when I first started. I didn't post for a long time. A mod who isn't here anymore asked if I wuz a spy! :pI didn't know what I'd be spying on in an open forum but anyway I posted. Then it got to be a habit. :)I find good resources and information from the other posters so I enjoy it. Just go at your own rate.

None of our current moderators will bother you if you don't post. We send a regular mailing to those who haven't posted anything in the previous 30 days just to boost the activity in the forum. That's all. The real truth is that we probably wouldn't delete a membership because of your inactivity. But where's the fun in just lurking anyway?

Ah! It worked I guess because now I've fallen into your snare.

Oh and trust me, lurking on you lot is plenty of fun.

None of our current moderators will bother you if you don't post. We send a regular mailing to those who haven't posted anything in the previous 30 days just to boost the activity in the forum. That's all. The real truth is that we probably wouldn't delete a membership because of your inactivity. But where's the fun in just lurking anyway?

Yeah I think I've told that old story at least twice b4. :pIt's a true story but it's not really relevant these days. So, I'll hush about that one. :D It's really a neat forum with lots of information. Some I agree with and some I don't. But, a isle of sanity (mostly) in an insane field. :D Buh the bye. What has happened to ufomystic.com?

While you guys are here can I ask you to help me find a thread?

Are there any discussions that you can remember that have the community ruminating on the implications and outcome of the "landing on the White House lawn" scenario? I'm sure there must be one. I'd be curious to know what people would think would happen. Would it be a human sea change or something that quickly accustom ourselves to and go back to our old fool ways.

If you can think of anything. I'll start one otherwise. ;-)

HIYA everyone, I'm back at last! Although I have continued to be a regular listener of the paracast I had to go into hospital for some weeks after a long illness, then I had to move home etc etc. Anyway, wanted to say hi and that I'm doing ok and hoping to get involved again on the forums. And the show itself is great and though I miss D.B and his wonderful voices you seem to be doing well with the co presenters in his absence.

Bless you all.
Diana x

HIYA everyone, I'm back at last! Although I have continued to be a regular listener of the paracast I had to go into hospital for some weeks after a long illness, then I had to move home etc etc. Anyway, wanted to say hi and that I'm doing ok and hoping to get involved again on the forums. And the show itself is great and though I miss D.B and his wonderful voices you seem to be doing well with the co presenters in his absence.

Bless you all.
Diana x

Hi Diana x,
Glad your better. :)

I can give an answer for the obligatory post, since I am in the exact same position. I listen to the show as often as I can and when I learned of the forums I registered. Sometimes I go through the forums when listening to the show and sometimes I am doing something else.
This doesnt mean I dont wont to post or be not sociable. Time just gets away from you and the next the know its 594 days later with a header saying you need to post.lol

I got an email today saying y'all missed me! I've never posted a whole lot anyway, but figured I'd let you know why I've been posting even less lately. In a nutshell, I've detemined that answers to the questions rasied here and elsewhere will not be answered on the internet, or on a podcast. If answers were out there, we'd have found them already, no? Speculation is fine and dandy, but it gets old after a while when there's no meat to go with it.

I still keep tabs on things from time to time, but I put my time into other things now for the most part.

Stay cool.

I have been notified that I have been a" member of The Paracast Community Forums for 533day(s) now but haven't posted anything yet. Be noted that we are deleting zero-posters from time to time. To avoid this please start posting soon. Click on this message bar if you wish to make an introduction thread now..."

I also got this message, clicked and clicked on the message bar and nothing happened for me either soooooo, I'm responding here because I surely do not want to be "deleted"!

I posted several times when I first joined but haven't visited in awhile. All of my previous posts are gone now. Too long ago for them to still be hanging around, I guess. Anyway, here I am again and maybe I'll repost my stories for those that haven't read them.

PS: My posts were made in Oct. 2008 and I've noticed that there are much older posts than mine still on the forum. Not sure what happened to mine???? :confused: Oh well.......

Peace
IWTB

I haven't posted in quite a while for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'm never caught up on the shows. I'm always about 10 behind, so anything I want to say would be construed, I fear, as necro-posting which is considered a major big deal on some forums.

Secondly, a few times when I've posted and tried to be civil and polite but disagreed with a stance I've been pounced on like crazy. That kind of thing is...disturbing to me. I'd rather not engage when I'm likely to be attacked simply for being skeptical about something and saying so, no matter how civilly I put it. I can't recall their names, but one or 2 of those nasty type of posters have been banned, but it certainly has made me hesitant to return.

And again, I'm always behind on the shows, darn it!

I haven't posted in quite a while for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'm never caught up on the shows. I'm always about 10 behind, so anything I want to say would be construed, I fear, as necro-posting which is considered a major big deal on some forums.

Secondly, a few times when I've posted and tried to be civil and polite but disagreed with a stance I've been pounced on like crazy. That kind of thing is...disturbing to me. I'd rather not engage when I'm likely to be attacked simply for being skeptical about something and saying so, no matter how civilly I put it. I can't recall their names, but one or 2 of those nasty type of posters have been banned, but it certainly has made me hesitant to return.

And again, I'm always behind on the shows, darn it!

Online message boards do, unfortunately, attract extreme rhetoric. Sometimes you just have to let the criticisms roll over your back like water. If it gets too far, we do take action.

Back