• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama and ACORN GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?

T

Tommy Allison

Title: Obama and ACORN GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?
Source: aipnews
URL Source: http://www.aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp? tid=4265&posts=3
Published: Apr 29, 2009
Author: JB Williams

Republican Senator Judd Gregg was Obama’s first choice for the Secretary of Commerce post, and Gregg was actually considering joining the Obama team, until he found out that control of the US Census was being stripped from the Commerce Department and placed under the direct control of White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel.
Then, the same week that Americans learned that they were “domestic terrorists” -- at least according to Obama’s new DHS (Department of Homeland Security), -- if they own a bible, a pocket Constitution or guns, and still believe in Life, Liberty and Freedom, - they also learned that Obama’s Census Bureau had hired thousands of new temporary employees, equipped each with a handheld GPS computer and sent them out to mark GPS coordinates for every residential front door in America.
Oddly, it was this same period that news was breaking of an international flu pandemic, suspected of being a weaponized strain of the virus never before seen, - and that Obama’s team still sees no need to close the US-Mexican border, despite the cross continental spread of a deadly illness now claiming American lives.
Now, if any one of these events happened alone, one might not get too excited. But when a string of such events happen all at once, one begins to question the string of freedom and life threatening coincidences...
I can’t resist the urge to question the authority and purpose behind such a BIG BROTHER initiative, when the official Census itself is not due to be taken until 2010...
No imagination is required to think up a whole laundry list of evil that could be done with a nationwide GPS grid of coordinate’s markers painted on every private home across the country. But I was having trouble thinking up one good reason for it, even one legitimate use that would justify what must be a very expensive undertaking.
According to one of the Census workers, who spoke with me on condition of anonymity, they must GPS mark the coordinates “within 40 ft of every front door” in America and they are supposed to complete that mission nation wide, within 90 days, by the end of July 2009.
The workers were not told why they were GPS marking every front door. But a supervisor is sent out to follow them door-to-door, to make certain that no door is left unmarked. Every door will be marked by one employee, and then checked by a follow-up supervisor.
So, I had to ask, why?
Why does the Obama administration need or want the latitude and longitude coordinates for every home in America ? Why the rush to GPS paint every home in the next 90 days? Why must the marker be within 40 ft of every front door? For what possible purpose does the Fed need GPS coordinates for every home, and under what authority do they have the right? Census workers, whom I asked, had the same holy-crap look on their faces that I had by then...

It's so Santa Claus knows where the naughty and nice houses are.
I'm pretty sure you can go to Google Earth and learn the exact coordinates of where you are.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

for a magic trick?

If you mean making certain people they deem unfit, or undesirable disappear, absolutely.

This is no different than what the Nazis did prior to rounding up 6 Million Jews, and another 12 million Non-Jews.

We're going to see a culling of the herd so to speak. That's my prediction for the future of this country. We'll have our own little holocaust and we won't see it coming.

well, unless they plan on completing their nefarious scheme before another single housing unit is built, they are going to miss a bunch of houses...
come on, people, nothing is static, including housing addresses. places are built, torn down, etc.
what if it is to figure out postal routes? or maybe to put into the Revenue/Taxation records to make sure the house exists and match it to income tax returns? something like that.
nobody needs a GPS to eliminate an address. Jets can bomb just as effectively without a gps target, doncha know.

oh, you are talking the subtle stuff. like anthrax or something? again, why bother spending the money on gps? just mail it to the front door like every other home-educated terrorist can figure out.

maybe it is being done as a make-work project. You know, keep some of the people employed using tax dollars directly on their paycheques, not the bonuses of the top echelon.
makes much more sense.

I have only ever lied to census takers. I do not live at this residence. I live at that house a block over.
Go ahead and shoot a precision guided missile at where you think I am.
You will miss.
Then I will retaliate.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

In other news, Radio Censors start monitoring Talk Radio in 90 Days. I would imagine that this will probably not apply to pod casters, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new office in our government created to ensure the purity of the airwaves, and internet.

Title: Censors for talk radio expected within 90 days
Source: WND
URL Source: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96533
Published: Apr 29, 2009
Author: Bob Unruh

Censors for talk radio expected within 90 days
Leader of public awareness campaign warns of 'Arctic blast' against free speech
Posted: April 29, 2009
11:08 pm Eastern
By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily
The leader of a newly formed public awareness campaign to alert U.S. citizens about an effort to stifle free speech says he expects local "boards" will be assembled within 90 days to begin censoring talk radio, a move that will come as an "Arctic blast" against the expression of opinion in the United States.
WND reported just days ago on a meeting at which more than two dozen principals of the nation's top talk radio shows held a private strategy meeting to discuss government plans to squelch critical political speech on radio.
Organized by Brad O'Leary, author of the new book, "Shut Up, America! The End of Free Speech," and Joseph Farah, editor and chief executive officer of WND, the group chose one attendee to be spokesman and chairman of the coalition – syndicated host Roger Hedgecock of San Diego.
The American Radio Free Speech Foundation was adopted asthe name, and leaders now have announced a public awareness campaign and educational initiative, called Don't Touch My Dial.
The announcement said the U.S. now is facing "an insidious attack on its First Amendment Rights that is being cloaked in legislation and regulation evidenced by the recently circulated draft FCC regulations … to impose 'localism' and 'media ownership diversity' on talk radio."
"In addition, under the guise of 'cyberspace security,' Sens. Rockefeller, Snowe and Nelson have introduced S773 which would, critics say, give the federal government control over the Internet including, under emergency conditions, the right of the president to shut down the whole Internet or sites on it, including the interruption of e-mail," the announcement said.
"When the public is informed about what is happening behind the scenes to threaten their First Amendment rights, they will be outraged. As shown in a recent poll that was commissioned by the coalition and is part of the 'Zogby/O'Leary Report's First 100 Days Poll' when 3,937 voters from the last election were asked: 'Four members of the U.S. Senate recently introduced a bill that would allow the president of the United States to turn off the Internet nationally in the event of an emergency, however the Bill does not DEFINE what constitutes an emergency. Do you support or oppose this bill?'" the announcement said.
It's time to put up or shut up, America. Literally. Get the book that shows how to fight the assault on your freedom of speech!
Nearly 82 percent opposed the idea. Only 5 percent agreed with it.
Hedgecock told WND that most people simply don't understand what the government appears to be demanding.
"I think the FCC is on the cusp of enacting regulations that would fundamentally alter the traditional American assumption that we have the right to share and debate political opinions," he said.
"I believe the strategy is to make the current state of compliant journalism that prevails in the mainstream media the norm as well on the Internet and in talk radio," he said.
And it's coming soon.
"I think in the next 90 days we will see the imposition of the local advisory boards. They will immediately become complaint departments staffed by the Left on all local and nationally syndicate talk programs," Hedgecock warned.
The underlying threat, of course, would be to the license the business needs to operate as a radio station.
"The threats of those complaints to the viability of the underlying station licenses will be immediate and will force corporations that own these stations into a very defensive posture," he said.
"Talk about a chilling effect on free speech, this will be an Arctic blast of restraint on opinion based on the threat to take the license away," Hedgecock said.
But talk radio will be just the first target, he said.
"The assault on the First Amendment that is being planned by the government and the extremist Left is not limited to their desire to silence conservative talk radio," he said. "Newspapers and television are not immune to the anti-First Amendment efforts that are at work here. In addition, the Internet is also a target for receiving the restrictive aspects of the so-called 'Fairness Doctrine.'"
Just weeks ago, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., submitted an amendment to the D.C. Voting Bill which would require the FCC to "encourage and promote diversity in ... media ownership" and reaffirm FCC authority to mandate the presentation "of opposing points of view on issues of public importance."
Also of concern to the hosts and producers gathered in the nation's capital was a decision last week by Clear Channel, the nation's largest owner of radio stations, to mandate the creation of local advisory boards by June at all of its properties. The move was seen as pre-emptive as the industry anticipates an FCC stacked with Barack Obama appointees will soon require stations to answer to panels of community activists.
In February, the FCC floated several proposals to require stations to better serve local communities, including establishing community advisory boards to consult stations on programming.
"We are materially increasing our commitment to community programming, increasing our accountability and broadening our public-service contributions in every local market we serve," said John Hogan, president and chief executive officer of Clear Channel. "We believe when radio focuses on servicing local communities, it is radio at its finest."
Other key members of the group so far include Lars Larson, Rusty Humphries, Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Steve Gill, Martha Zoller, Joyce Kaufman and Kirby Wilbur.
The public awareness campaign website includes a petition campaign to protest the developing limits. It also describes the so-called "Fairness Doctrine," explains what it does to free speech and quotes a number of experts on the subject.
"Rather than having the government regulate what people can say, we should let the market decide what people want to hear. That's precisely why the Fairness Doctrine was abandoned, and that's why it ought not to be revived," said U.S. Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., in a commentary critical of the plan.
"This fight is a First Amendment fight and one that every American must be involved with, which is why we have created 'Don't Touch My Dial' as a vehicle for mass participation," Hedgecock said.
Hedgecock also is chairman for Unfair Air, an effort to to protect First Amendment Rights as they pertain to radio and radio audiences.
WND founder and editor Joseph Farah launched a petition campaign months ago to block federal government attacks on freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
"This issue – and the urgent need for a broad-based, aggressive coalition to fight back – is much bigger than talk radio, and much more dangerous than an effort to simply silence a few voices that the current administration dislikes," says Hedgecock. "This fight is a First Amendment fight and one that every American must be involved with, which is why we have created 'Don’t Touch My Dial' as a vehicle for mass participation."

The FCC is apparently seeking the public's input on how to encourage increased diversity of ownership of broadcast media. The FCC will have on open hearing on May 7th, so if you're fired up about this issue, maybe you should attend. I'm sure execs & lobbyists from big media corporations will be there. I guess they're worried about losing marketshare or something, so they've got the paranoid right winger PR machine pooping out turds about "censorship".

So let's be sure to parrot it as if it were true without bothering to examine world net daily's claims or assumptions.

World Net Daily is not exactly a bastion of journalistic excellence. How about something from an actual news source like Reuters, the BBC, Hell I'd even accept a news piece from MSNBC or CNN.

Bloggers don't qualify in my book as journalists, not Huffington Post, Not Dkos, Not Powerline or Free Republic.

What about the blogs published by The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal?

Yes, they have bloggers too. And as someone who has made a living from a tech blog for the past decade -- and I've also worked as a traditional journalist too -- well, call me insulted. :(

Oddly, it was this same period that news was breaking of an international flu pandemic, suspected of being a weaponized strain of the virus never before seen, - and that Obama’s team still sees no need to close the US-Mexican border, despite the cross continental spread of a deadly illness now claiming American lives.

Fear mongering is a wonderful selling point for these ideas.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-04-28-voa40.cfm

<table style="direction: ltr;" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">By VOA News
29 April 2009
</td> <td align="left" valign="top">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Mexico has raised the number of suspected deaths from swine flu virus to 159, while the number of swine flu cases in the United States has risen to at least 65.
Let's get our facts straight and put them into perspective, shall we? There's no reason to fear monger. No reason to rush out and get a vaccination. This is not a pandemic.

As of May 1, 2009 there has been 1 (one) single confirmed US death attributed to this H1N1 virus. (according to the table below)

<table class="table" align="right" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><caption>U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
(As of May 1, 2009, 11:00 AM ET) </caption> <tbody><tr> <th scope="col" valign="top" width="128">States</th> <th scope="col" valign="top" width="101"># of laboratory confirmed cases</th> <th colspan="2" scope="col" valign="top" width="36">Deaths</th> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Arizona</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">4</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">California</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">13</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td></tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Colorado</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">2</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Delaware</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">4</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Illinois</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">3</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Indiana</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">3</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Kansas</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">2</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Kentucky*</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">1</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Massachusetts</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">2 </td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Michigan</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">2</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Minnesota</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">1</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Nebraska</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">1</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Nevada</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">1</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">New Jersey</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">5</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">New York</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">50</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Ohio</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">1</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">South Carolina</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">
16​
</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Texas</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">
28​
</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">1</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" valign="top">Virginia</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" valign="top">
2​
</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td scope="row" align="center" bgcolor="#ebebeb" valign="top">TOTAL (19)</td> <td class="tablesmalltext" align="center" bgcolor="#ebebeb" valign="top">141 cases</td> <td colspan="2" class="tablesmalltext" align="center" bgcolor="#ebebeb" valign="top"> 1 death</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/

So, if this is something that illustrates how important it is to close your borders, who is going to arrest the airborne viruses???? bacteria cops? how would you train them? housing them would be easy, small petri dishes hidden beside the border...
but what if they got hungry for lack of food, and mutated? oh no! then whatever would we do? wherever shall we go?
;)

What about the blogs published by The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal?

Yes, they have bloggers too. And as someone who has made a living from a tech blog for the past decade -- and I've also worked as a traditional journalist too -- well, call me insulted. :(

Gene, The difference between blogs and actual news stories are that those rare, legitimate, unbiased news agencies* clearly label opinion pieces as such, while bloggers can and do freely intersperse news with opinion.

* These are very rare creatures these days. I only know of two or three.

In my county, they already know where we all live.
It's called a fire number, and with that they can pull up the gps and fly a hellicopter to my front door should I need one.

Clear Channel actually quoted a complete fool on its morning news. Got up listening to them quoting Stephen Quayle from a recent Coast show with Alex Jones. That's when I knew the whole world had gone insane. Confirmed.

I've turned the TV off. I've turned the radio off. I refuse to let the control mechanisms be forever planted in my brain ... until they chip me against my will, I suppose.

Gotta go. Computer time is limited now too.

Except someone must really be afraid of us. Damn.

Back