• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 25, 2018 — Preston Dennett

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I don't always agree with Preston, but I've known him for a number of years, and he presents a number of amazing stories and the theories to go with them.

Randall and I had a great time, and we invited Preston to continue the discussion on this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

For more information about our premium service, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

After listening to a few segments of this one I realized early on we were in believerdom territory, with all the old myths of UFO culture being pulled out as validation from the 100's of witnesses to Roswell, alien abduction witness stories based on only a story, and the Military complex suppression of UFO reality.
Kindermumie.jpg
Interestingly enough I read Adam Gorightly's Afterword to the contactee compendium, A is for Adamski, by himself and Greg Bishop. The closing is called, "The Little Green Man that Refused to Die", and is worth the price of the book on its own for anyone who wants to get a better handle on the mythos of UFO's and how guests like Dennett fall into that category of belief pusher as opposed to critical investigation. He outlines all the familiar patterns of belief and their hucksters quite eloquently

As Clark reminds us the witnessed UFO is what drives this culture and at the heart of that event is a human being with a story. I don't mean to say it's just a story, as evidence of an advanced technology in our skies is the core part of this framework. But guests who simply repeat all the same old crashed UFO retrieval back engineered alien autopsy bunk is the cause of the disreputable fluff that makes UFO's rather unpalatable.
171219092059-ufo-department-of-defense-unidentified-flying-object-exlarge-169.jpg
As seen in Gorightly's Afterword these narrarive patterns have always been a part of UFO mythos from the beginning, where belief comes before critical thinking. This is why so much of UFO culture is about a dog chasing its own tail, or tale as it were.

Breaking things down into discussions around what makes a good actual case, severing contactee and abductee narratives from the discussion, may only leave a handful of cases to talk about seriously, along with thousands upon hundreds of thousands of stories. But the facts are the same patterns emerge over and over again within the culture and within the actual credible stories. There is never really enough tangible proof to hold on to properly and some very enticing elements that keep reminding us that the truth about UFO's remains outside the grasp of our faculties.
b1a6e3_6637182.jpg
Perhaps it is too late to unravel UFO culture to disentangle the actual UFO from the fluffy path it has created for itself or maybe it's going to get a lot stranger once American Cosmic comes online. At the heart of the UFO event is pure weirdness and it's unravelling is going to remain a slow slog so long as episodes like this continue to make myth more important than fact.

Last edited:
After listening to a few segments of this one I realized early on we were in believerdom territory ... Perhaps it is too late to unravel UFO culture to disentangle the actual UFO from the fluffy path it has created for itself or maybe it's going to get a lot stranger once American Cosmic comes online. At the heart of the UFO event is pure weirdness and it's unravelling is going to remain a slow slog so long as episodes like this continue to make myth more important than fact.
I hear what you're saying, but I still like Preston because I don't get the impression that he's simply playing the part to augment his writing. He seems honest about it, and I personally feel that's nothing to be ashamed of. At the same time, I also feel it's important to evolve, and I suspect that over time Preston will do exactly that, and I hope to have him back in the future so that we can see how that's going with him.

Back