• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Noted Psychic Imara Comes to The Paracast

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Now for something completely different: On our July 18, 2006 episode, Gene and David interview Imara, who has been recognized as one of the top 100 psychics in America.

Gene,

No. I still need to listen to the Horn/Biedny (and David if I'm misspelling your name my apologies) steel cage match. Out of curiosity, who did the ranking and what number was Imara?

And thanks for the show and the change of pace.

Aaron,

I congratulate, you got my last name exactly right, good form!

If you wanna know how the HornFest went, check out the MH/BM thread and watch the sad breakdown of a sad man. It's a car crash, but really interesting.

Imara is a blast, we recorded the interview today and she rocked. Make sure to catch it, and thanks so much for the kind comments!

dB

aaron said:
Gene,

No. I still need to listen to the Horn/Biedny (and David if I'm misspelling your name my apologies) steel cage match. Out of curiosity, who did the ranking and what number was Imara?

And thanks for the show and the change of pace.

Hi Aaron!

The book is The 100 Top Psychics in America by Paulette Cooper and Paul Noble. It was published in 1996 by Pocket Books. I picked up a used copy on Amazon inexpensively. The authors describe the selection process for psychics included in their introduction. The process includes peer, media, client, psychic researcher, and psychic organization recommendations, as well as a review and interview by the authors. The intention of the authors is to present the personal stories of the psychics who are tops in their field. No ranking is given, but the individuals included are grouped by category (i.e. Psychics to Hollywood, Astrologers and Healers, Business and Career Psychics). I found the book a quick and enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to Imara's interview. She sounds fascinating. Hope this helps!

David Biedny said:
If you wanna know how the HornFest went, check out the MH/BM thread and watch the sad breakdown of a sad man. It's a car crash, but really interesting.
David,

I have been following the thread with Mr. Horn and your anaolgy is spot on. It's like rubbernecking to see the car crash. I have a question for that thread but I'm apprehensive to post in there. I also want to hold off on asking the question until I have listened to the broadcast since it may have been brought up already. Hopefully I'll be listening to the show over the weekend.

hope she is more credible than silvia brown. what a joke
... i see a Bob... do you know a Bob? i also see blue sky... have you ever been out in blue sky?...
wow thats amazing silvia how do you do it?!?

Gene and David,

Interesting show tonight with Imara. She touched on a lot of interesting topics and my "intuition" tells me there is a lot more to dive into on each... Wouldn't mind hearing her explore more issues in depth rather than just the tip of the iceberg. Will you bring her back on? How about a discussion on whole energy thing she is "connected" to? Also, the whole native american/healing thing she got into with her back issues would be cool. think the native americans saw UFO's?

Shoot Par!

Hi Imara?
Thank you for telling me about the Paracast broadcast. I'm listening to it as I write this and I have to say that as I was listening to you, I had that old familiar chill go up my spine and I knew I was listening to Truth. You echoed my thoughts so completely during this interview?so many things that I have said to others you have repeated tonight. Advanced technology without the spiritual wisdom necessary to keep it all in balance, for example?I can't tell you how many times I have said that to people. Your comments about sensory overload/sensitivity (known in the trade as ?sensory integration disorder?) were right on target as well. And most of all, the energy I felt from listening to your voice?I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may have recognized me immediately, but it took this broadcast for me to truly recognize you. Thank you for this gift, for I see that you ARE truly my sister. I hope to have the opportunity to listen to you again on Paracast...
Love and Light,
Melissa

Well, that was an interesting show. I'm not sure where to begin so I might as well just jump in.

I was waiting for Imara to knock religion and thankfully she didn't disappoint. I always love to hear these New Agers go on about how religion was invented to hold power over people and that you don't need to listen to priests or rabbis because you can tune into God or The Force or whatever and get messages directly from it.

Hmm?okay I got an incoming right now. God is telling me to climb a building and start picking people off with a sniper rifle. Better check that out with my priest. Nah! He's just trying to have power over me by interpreting God's message thereby holding me down. What the heck does he know? Or maybe I'll check with my psychic because SHE has the real truth.

How about finding my destiny. Should I ask my pastor? Nah. My psychic (or maybe just Imara) knows the future and purpose of all.

Let's see what else. Technology like e-mails are making us lazy. Well, maybe for some. I'm a freelance writer and I find that e-mails make me work harder. I can try to get jobs from Canada or the West Coast and can send projects back faster than ever, which means I can get more work done. I can also market myself faster as well. While I admit that phone calls and face to face meetings are invaluable, I can send e-mails advertising my services to a hundred companies in the time it would take to make a few phone calls.

And what was the deal with the issue of David's friend who died of cancer? Was Imara suggesting that she somehow chose cancer? I'll have to listen to that again.

I also got the impression that children are so sensitive and have so many abilities that they're born with, but then technology and our society kind of dumbs them down. What about children who grow up in countries without technology? Shouldn't they grow up to be "super psychics" because they're untainted by MTV and e-mails?

Maybe I'm just getting to be an old crank.

Hey Gentlemen,
really enjoy your show. I didn't find that psychic credible. Although she is a very intelligent woman she was too general. In her insight towards both of you anyone could have given you the same feedback without knowing you personally.
I also found the questions that you both asked were not relevent to her proving she had any powers of intuition other that what anyone could generalize about anyone. You guys treated her with kid gloves.
take care

glenn40 said:
Hey Gentlemen,
really enjoy your show. I didn't find that psychic credible. Although she is a very intelligent woman she was too general. In her insight towards both of you anyone could have given you the same feedback without knowing you personally.
I also found the questions that you both asked were not relevent to her proving she had any powers of intuition other that what anyone could generalize about anyone. You guys treated her with kid gloves.
take care
When it comes to a psychic, a great deal of what we're dealing with is highly subjective. I personally regard Imara has a sensitive and highly-intelligent person. I do not profess to know if she has special powers, but we were happy to have her on, and I welcome suggestions for questions when she returns to the show.

Dear Gene and David,

First I would like to say that I hate the word Psychic. There are so many bad images that your minds eye conjures up. I think that Imara is an intuitive and life teacher. After listening to Imara, I now understand how the images and messages come to her. I have utilized her expertise for years, but never really knew exactly how it all worked for her.

Imara has helped me with a very difficult mentally ill child, job changes/opportunities and meeting a life partner. I can tell you with certainty that she is always honest and even though sometime the information you need to receive is not always what you want to hear, she delivers it with kindness and most importantly gives you a clear picture. With great thanks and appreciation from the help I have received from Imara, I now own my own business, my child is doing well, and I am happily married. Yes, I could have done some of this on my own, but when you have a person who gives you information from a place of integrity and honesty, why would I not take this information and run with it. I can say with conviction that I don't believe I would have changed my career and started a business without her. I also know my son would not be where he is today. I was able to find doctors and get treatment to help him get better.

I am always excited when she is on TV or radio because it is one more opportunity to let people know about her and get the kind of help and direction I have received. There are so many famous so called Psychics who generalize and don't get to the meat and potatoes for their clients. With Imara you get the real deal. She IS an intuitive and a life teacher.

Dawn Calamari

I heard nothing in the interveiw which points to Imara being a psychic. She is obviously a creative business person (look at her website), but a psychic? Her insights into the causes or purpose of a persons suffering really bothered me. As far as three "souls" being needed to conceive a child, what of rape and a subsequent conception? I have enjoyed every show and look forward to more. This one sounded to much like an infomercial.

I just listened to this show today.. it was fun, but I remain disbelieving of any psychic abilities people claim to have. Psychic's always tend to be offering general thoughts about a person and I'd prefer to see some very clear predictions about events or something like that. Still a fun show to listen to. Who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong, but until a psychic disproves me, I won't believe in their psychic ability. Sorry!

michael said:
I also got the impression that children are so sensitive and have so many abilities that they're born with, but then technology and our society kind of dumbs them down. What about children who grow up in countries without technology? Shouldn't they grow up to be "super psychics" because they're untainted by MTV and e-mails?

Maybe I'm just getting to be an old crank.

I think the point Imara was trying to make was that children are just more sensitive and the culture we grow up in doesn't allow for us to learn our own "seer" or psychich ability as we get older. The technology bit was about us losing touch with this as well, but I don't think it was supposed to be the main cause.. that was my interpretation anyways. I listened this morning, so maybe I've forgotten what I heard too

Gene Steinberg said:
When it comes to a psychic, a great deal of what we're dealing with is highly subjective. I personally regard Imara has a sensitive and highly-intelligent person. I do not profess to know if she has special powers, but we were happy to have her on, and I welcome suggestions for questions when she returns to the show.

I thought she was great. She sounds like an intelligent, well rounded, and articulate guest to have around. For suggestions to psychic ability discussion, I think you should have someone on the show with her to talk to and get a 'reading' on. I would be glad to do it myself, but she could find out a lot about me from my blog. That wouldn't be a good test. I remain hopefull about psychics because I remain hopeful about the ether being rediscovered, but this particular show didn't tell me anything I could say wasn't already thought of. I did, however, get to listen to an intelligent lady with apparently a good heart. Maybe if she reads this, she'll know what to do to help me save the world.

Yeah, she seemed nice and definitely was very intelligent, but I always get wary when I hear people who seem to have all of the answers. I think that's how a lot of cults get started.

michael said:
Yeah, she seemed nice and definitely was very intelligent, but I always get wary when I hear people who seem to have all of the answers. I think that's how a lot of cults get started.

LOL!

Two words: "Certified Organic" ;-)

Hi,
I am new to the Paracast. I am listening to episodes on my iPod. I just finished listening to Imara. It is probably about the 6th Paracast I have listened to. Gene and David, I thought you were both way to charmed by her. In my experience, men lose their abilities to be discerning when it comes to women.
Contrast the way you felt about her to the way you spoke about Sean David Morton after his interview. You spoke of red flags because of the way he mispoke about technology (problems with intel chips in Macs etc.) yet you didn't call her on any of her sweeping generalizations and putdowns of technology today (technology making people slothful, kids frontal lobes being destroyed).
She absolutely needs to put up some evidence for statements like that. You didn't press her for predictions and she didn't make any. She also claimed that it is great if her predictions are wrong because it means she pushed you to action and you caused the change.
She absolutely came off as self-righteous and judgemental of others in her parenting comments.
You didn't even get put off when she said that your friend had chosen to die of cancer. There are many very smart people in this world who do believe that we come into our bodies each time with a contract of sorts to fulfill, but they wouldn't say it the way she did.
I really have doubts about her. If she is really smart she is way insincere and is really great at marketing. (I suspect that is the truth.) The other choice is that she is not very smart and has memorized some buzzwords that make her sound good (eat meals as a family, expose your kids to nature etc.) You know that life is much more complicated than that! I am curious now to listen to an interview with another woman. It was as if you weren't even listening to what Imara was saying. Did you even write down any questions for her as she was speaking? Nothing came to your minds?
lbb

I have to agree with you IBB. Gene and David normally do a superb job of being true skeptics with their guests, but they really dropped the medicine ball on the Imara interview. Her supernatural skills at self-promotion and her clairvoyant charm seemed to leave them weak-kneed and eager to please, with none of the critical follow-up we've come to expect. When she finally turned to our stalwart hosts and gave them their very own personal reading, it was all over. If she can be believed, this apparently works in boardrooms too.

Fortunately by the following week they seem to have recovered. We'll hope there are no relapses in their future. :)

Back