• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Northwest airlines flight collides(?) with unknown object

fitzbew88

Skilled Investigator
A Northwest airlines flight has apparently been damaged by some unknown object while flying at 18,000 feet:

"An FAA spokeswoman in Chicago said officials haven't determined what caused the dent yet, but there is "definitely no evidence of a bird strike." Bergen said the crew aboard Flight 478 from Detroit reported a loud bang Monday and then the aircraft's radar became inoperative. The aircraft landed safely."

Link to full article here.

Despite what the article says, a bird strike is not out of the question at the altitude mentioned. (However, I believe a bird strike would be obvious during a visual inspection.)

I doubt anything "paranormal" happened. It may have simply been a structural failure of the nose cone, being buffeted by 550 MPH winds in flight. I was once an NWA flight attendant and can attest to a lot of unusual happenings in flight. But they were all explainable.

I doubt anything "paranormal" happened. It may have simply been a structural failure of the nose cone, being buffeted by 550 MPH winds in flight.

Good theory.

If anyone hears the results of the engineering analysis, please share it with us. I'm guessing it will take a while.

I dougbt that an alien ship would have recklessly crashed into a big plane like that. There supposed to be a little more advanced then that.

Back